HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:42:01 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DAREDEVIL Thread  (Read 31655 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2010, 04:36:04 PM »

I'm thinking about grabbing the back issues I've missed since Brubaker left and adding this back to the pull list.

What's the current state of the book?  As good as when Bru was doing it?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2010, 05:12:04 PM »

To me, the book still retains much of the same spirit as when Bru was handling the book.  Of course the overall storyline and approach is different, but if you were to tell me that Brubaker was still writing the book, I would believe you!  Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2010, 07:50:47 PM »

As good for me? No, but certainly not far off and certainly worth a grab. The first issue (with the new writer) I had problems with ... basically nit-picky stuff, but they were there, but since then, yes, strong book with art (over the last 2 or 3 issues) that I REALLY enjoy. 

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2010, 10:38:40 PM »

Are you reading the Shadowland stories?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2010, 02:42:08 AM »

Are you reading the Shadowland stories?

Me?

Yeah, it's okay. Putting aside the insane idea that the major superheroes would allow a terrorist act such as what Matt and his Hand are doing (taking over a good portion of the city and tormenting local authority), it has been a fun read. Bordering on deserving an "eye roll" from eliminating feasibility (Matt under any such power to take down most of the Avengers), but I can push those aside in the interest of a "different take".

I liked the story leading up to this "event" much more, however. In fact, much, much more.
 Undecided

But loving the White Tiger character.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2010, 05:06:38 AM »

From having read DD, like most of you, near to continuously in monthly/trade/back issue picks since Bendis' first issue, Matt Murdock's life has been one solidly written tale that has been constructed from the remains of the previous writer, always keeping that tone and earnestly following a believable route from what has been done to DD's life.

That said, DD has reached a conclusion. That's how I feel about the character. The sad note of the Daredevil book is that they always do what Frank Miller established. Break the character down, break him break him BREAK HIM-and watch him snap, or take it all and come back to new heights. That's his story, and that's what this 10 year story has been as well.

I've watched Matt be broken and brought low to the ranks of the Fallen for the last time. For me, this character is simply "done." They've told all the tales of the character and about the character that I care to read. He's really at end for me. Like Spider-man, he now is regulated to the "yeah, I read that once."

But no more.

(and yes, I've not bought an issue of ASM since #544.) Still going strong!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2010, 05:10:05 PM »

Now he really is done.  Latest issue wrapped up Shadowland and the next issue renamed Black Panther Man Without Fear.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2010, 08:41:14 PM »

Eh.

I will start again upon his return ... maybe, but I am in one of my moods now where the big two's hero books are just wearing on me.

Starting to get bland.

Hope I don't feel like that for long.

Undecided

Really more excited about other books now, like SIXTH GUN, ECHO, ETC ... I really miss liking Daredevil  Undecided

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2010, 05:21:38 PM »

Yeah, but even though its BP: Man without Fear, Matt's tale is starting the next month anyway as Reborn.

*yawn*

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2010, 07:56:32 PM »

*yawn*

Exactly  Undecided

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2011, 03:26:19 PM »

Daredevil Reborn #1

Matt starts his journey back to being a hero here.  This issue has the feel of the old Hulk TV show with David Banner roaming from town to town and getting into adventures.

Formulaic so far but enough little things to make me come back for issue 2.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS