HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:15:38 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DAREDEVIL Thread  (Read 31653 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: March 06, 2009, 10:18:15 PM »

Great issue.

Great.

Sometimes that word is used hastily to show or express a mere temporary feeling of elation or awe. Hell, I use it all of the time without respect for its true meaning. Great. Grand. Immense. Striking. Impressive. Amazing. This was DARDEVIL #116.

When I can read a comic and feel the character … I mean actually feel what the character must be feeling, it is a wonderful comic. When the art from a comic, forces me into a state of mind or a particular mood, that is also a wonderful comic. When both art and words combine to envelop my mind and bring forth emotional connection, that is a great comic. Again, that was DAREDEVIL #116.

The last comic that made me feel this way was the third issue of SILVER SURFER – REQUIEM (though THOR came close with issue 11), but this one truly hit me even harder. I mean, I am suppose to “feel” for a dying hero like the Surfer, but to “feel” for the character contained within these pages … that is something special. That is something great.

Thank you, Brubaker. Thank you, Aja. Thank you, Gaudiano and Villarrubia. I can’t wait for issue #117.

10 out of 10 -

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
rasputin
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 10:34:20 PM »

That good, huh?

Can't wait till I get a chance to run out and get mine.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 10:52:09 PM »

That good, huh?

Probably not.
 Cheesy

It hit me nice and hard, but ... Will it others? I'd like to think so, but as it is not an original idea (hardly) and is very lacking in action, I don't think it will raise the pulse of most readers. Sadly.

For me ... Yes, it was that good. But I tend to like very subdued, less action involved comics that leave me looking forward to the future.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Herr Mike
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 01:18:21 AM »

Is this the Kingpin one? I skipped the Lady Bullseye arc but I had to come back for the big man.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 11:34:13 AM »

Is this the Kingpin one?

Oh yeah.

I skipped the Lady Bullseye arc...

I am a thinking you may want to change that. It was very good and it plays into current events.

Brindrod
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 01:35:19 PM »

I'm still waiting for Amazon to ship my copy of the Daredevil Brubaker Omnibus. I keep reading that it is on par with the Bendis/Maleev run.
Herr Mike
HR Super Hero

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 01:24:51 AM »

I hate that they released the Brubaker Omnibus before the second Bendis one. It makes no sense, since Bendis' last arc leads directly into Brubaker's first.

I would say it's not as good as the Bendis/Maleev run, but still very good.
Brindrod
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 03:00:54 AM »

I hate that they released the Brubaker Omnibus before the second Bendis one. It makes no sense, since Bendis' last arc leads directly into Brubaker's first.

I would say it's not as good as the Bendis/Maleev run, but still very good.

Probably because Brubaker is still on the book. I figure that those who buy the Omnibus will immediately jump in on the ongoing monthly.

A bit of a far stretch I suppose but it's the only reason I can think of.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 04:09:18 PM »

Issue 117 was another good one.  This issue brings the players together.  Do you think Dakota's really gone for good?  Me neither.   Wink

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
rasputin
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 10:49:27 PM »

Nah, Dakota'll be back.

Hopefully....

After dropping the book before Lady Bullseye, realizing it was getting awesome, and jumping back in last issue, I can honestly say it's great to be back. Brubaker's Kingpin is the freaking man. Can't wait to see how them working together will work.

troyfreund
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 01:23:34 PM »

So, what'd you all think?  I admit I haven't been following this book, but still managed to pick up the story alright.  I'm real interested to see where the go now with  SPOILER...
-
-
-
-
-
Matt taking over the Hand.  Could make some neat years of DD.  I really hope Marvel gives Diggle and Tan some years to slowly develop this direction.  It COULD be cool and I'd like to see Murdock in a different direction for a while.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 01:27:44 PM »

I liked it.  Definately sends Matt in an interesting new direction if done right.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Brindrod
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 12:03:06 AM »

So, what'd you all think?  I admit I haven't been following this book, but still managed to pick up the story alright.  I'm real interested to see where the go now with  SPOILER...

What do you mean #500?Huh

Man, I just finished reading the Brubaker/Lark Daredevil Omnibus (which kicks mucho ass by the way) and it only prints up till issue #105 !!!!

And I thought those Ex Machina editions were running absurdly late behind the monthlies.  Wink

rasputin
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 09:00:54 PM »

Brian, after issue 11something, the total number of Daredevil ongoing issues ever hit 500,and so Marvel renumbered the series to recognize this.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2009, 09:54:46 PM »

Yeah HULK, AMAZING, THOR, CAPTAIN AMERICA, DAREDEVIL ... all went back to original numbering ... for now.
 Cheesy

And yes, I am very excited to see where Matt goes now as leader of the one organization he really despised. Hope Diggle is up to the task.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS