HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:46:17 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FANTASITC FOUR  (Read 37567 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2012, 02:10:24 PM »

So now Hickman is leaving the Fantastic Four (and I assume FF) as well as the Ultimates at the end of the year.

Yeah, something is coming up...

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2012, 05:20:48 AM »

Dangit.  So FF and Fantastic Four both had the same cliff hanger ending this month as the two stories came together.  I say dangit because this month was the last issue of FF I had preordered and now I'm wondering if I'm going to have keep picking it up to get the complete story.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2012, 07:57:46 PM »

Wow, been awhile since I have been posting. But I guess I am not alone in that.
*Ahem*
 Angry

Grin
Okay ...

ISSUE 605.1

Yes, I bought a damn point one issue. DAMN IT. It is my second one too. I hate this marketing crap, but I gave in. I admit my weakness.

This was pretty damn good. It is, as most of the point ones are, a throw away issue with no lasting merit other than one ... it was an alternate universe story. For that reason, it gets a thumbs up from me.  Grin

What if the FF were Nazi's? And Ben being of Jewish decent?

The cool thing about this issue is how it did tie itself in with the Counsel of Reeds and their "solve everything" agenda.
Good story. Nice ending. But certainly not needed.

7 outta 10 Jewish Pilots 

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2012, 12:32:34 AM »

I agree. It was very good.  The way it tied in was good too.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Branden
HR Vigilante

« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2012, 01:03:48 AM »

I greatly enjoyed the issue.

AVENGERS FUCKING ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!!

- Hitgirl
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2012, 03:13:41 AM »

Issue 606

Thumbs up.  A good self contained story and nice interlude.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2012, 10:29:58 PM »

Found it to be too obvious from the get go. That was the only problem I had. I am not saying they were trying to 'hide' what was going on, but I just wish Hickman would've came up front with the journey from the start and then let the shock be "the who".

Revealing both, one we knew all along and one we didn't, just seemed a little weak.

Still enjoyed it, but nothing really special. An average comic.

6 outta 10 Crawling Corpuscles  

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2012, 03:06:54 AM »

Perry - yeah I know what your saying but after the non stop epic ness of the past two years I thought it was the perfect break in the action.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2012, 11:07:49 AM »

Perry - yeah I know what your saying but after the non stop epic ness of the past two years I thought it was the perfect break in the action.

Oh yeah. For sure. It's nice to have those single stories, done in one, every now and then.  Smiley

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2012, 07:41:32 PM »

ISSUE #607

I miss Panther. Nice to see him here. I hate Storm with Panther. Never understood it, never will. They do not belong together. Bad coupling if I ever saw it.

Like how Hickman shows how Wakanda is still a wealthy nation even without the Vibranium export and how they were able to accomplish it. At least someone didn't get killed by the fall out of Leeman Brothers  Angry

Anywho, looking forward to part two of this jungle action arc.

A solid 7 outta 10 Shares of Stock

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2012, 02:42:32 AM »

So, is anyone staying inboard after Hickman leaves?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS