HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:26:56 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FANTASITC FOUR  (Read 37564 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2011, 01:43:13 PM »

Actually Jim Hammond and Toro have both already been resurrected - see last years Torch TPB.  They are currently in the The Invaders mini series that's being published by Narcel and Dynamite.

?
Of what do you speak of? The Marvel and Dynomite 12 issue mini from awhile back?

Yeppers - that's the one.  Actually Torch brings back Jim Hammond.  Toro was brought back in the 12 issue mini before that - Avengers Invaders.  The current Invaders run has them both in it with the rest of the original Invaders.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2011, 09:22:07 PM »

Coming out this Wednesday, February 23rd...

Fantastic Four 588

Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN Penciled by NICK DRAGOTTA Cover by ALAN DAVIS
Following the death of XXXXXXXX, we spend a month seeing how the remaining members of the Fantastic Four, the extended family, other heroes, and prominent villains react to the loss of this legendary hero. It's the epilogue to THREE: A Month of Mourning. PLUS: The Amazing Spider-Man consoles Franklin Richards in a second all-new tale! 40 PGS./Rated A Cover price $3.99.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2011, 01:15:07 AM »

Just finished 588 - the final issue of Fantastic Four.

Gotta say - I'm really psyched about the new direction now and can't wait for FF #1 to come out next month.  Now I get why Spider-man is joining the team and I totally buy in now.

Hickman's fast becoming one of my favorite writers between this, Secret Warriors, and S.H.I.E.L.D.

I may need to pick up some of his earlier works like Pax Ramana or Nightly News.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 01:35:08 AM by Jeff » Logged

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2011, 07:55:39 PM »

Who is reading the "new" title?
Worth picking up?
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2011, 01:23:36 PM »

I am and yes its fun so far.  He ties in Spidey to the family very nicely.  I forget that Peter Parker was a brainiac in his own right so it makes sense that he's hanging out with the Future Foundation.  It's a good jumping on point.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2011, 01:36:30 PM »

I rarely get to say this, so when I can, I am very happy ...

VERY GOOD first issue.

(Of course this is a cheat as FF #1 is really, lets be honest, just FANTASTIC FOUR #589  Wink)

Still think Johnny just nova'tunneled his way away from Annihilus' minions, and of course, his return is emanate, but just like the older days of the FF, I enjoy it when the team mixes the members. And hell, much like Wolverine, we could use Spidey in a few more titles.
 Cheesy

Good 1st issue ground work, without out too much repetitiveness. Looking forward to more !!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2011, 11:27:41 AM »

just a couple of teaser images...

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2011, 12:57:43 PM »

Yeah, looks like I will be dropping FF at issue 11 and switching back over to Fantastic (four) proper. I know Hickman can write the remaining FF book (and still in shock that we will have TWO Fantastic Four titles ... kinda) but I am just not interested in the Fantastic Kids.

That is not to say I don't think they add to the Fantastic (four) book, as I love reading about their exploits ... with-in the confines of a greater story, but ...

Yeah, I know ... I will keep it on the pull and get both
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2011, 04:25:29 AM »

Just finished #600 - I knew it.  Still cool though.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2011, 04:42:40 AM »

Yeah, it was expected but done well enough.

Still think I am going to drop this book, however. I just know Hickman will tie in the FF and the FANTASTIC FOUR into each other and I can not support that FF book. I like Hickman, but that art is just not for me.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2011, 12:34:22 PM »

I always thought the art gave it more of a sci fi feel.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2011, 01:05:16 PM »

I enjoyed it, until last issue. Nope. Not for me

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2011, 09:36:21 PM »

So how about some spoilers?
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2011, 12:09:41 AM »

So how about some spoilers?

Click below for Spoiler

S P O I L E R S   B E L O W
Johnny's back....
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 12:46:06 AM by Jeff » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2012, 10:25:38 PM »

FF #601

Love how this title stays in its own universe. Here we have the Kree attacking the planet (or New York at least), An Annihilation Wave flying out towards the stars and yet there is no maxi series involved. No 'event' hyperbole. Just a good story. Reminds me of the good ole years. (pre-1990).

Although, per my usual  Cheesy, I do have one small problem. I didn't like the way Cap seemed a tad bit disrespectful to Kal Blackmane (whom I really dig) by classifying him in with George Washington's horse, but that is a nit pick ... I know.
 Cheesy

So what you guys think?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS