HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:57:07 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FANTASITC FOUR  (Read 37563 times)
troyfreund
« on: January 30, 2009, 02:19:00 PM »

Well, I've got to say that even if I'm not all that compelled with Millar's writing, I am intrigued enough to keep buying this book for now.  There's been a lot of neat moments in the Millar/Hitch-run, but ....

I am worried about what's gonna happen to the Thing, with whatever reveal is going to happen with his sweetheart.  As stated, I'm not the biggest Millar-fan currently, but he is making me nervous for the Thing, so I guess he's doing something right.  Oh yeah, I loved Wakanda's engagement gift for Ben.

And "Doom's Masters"?  hmm..that does look pretty severe.  I am interested to see where that goes.  Pretty scary stuff.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 12:57:55 PM by Perry » Logged
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 09:54:20 PM »

I'm not reading this series but always interested in Marvel's first family.  Can you give me a synopsis as to whats going on?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
troyfreund
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 10:48:32 PM »

well, currently, Ben is engaged to a real sweetheart, but hints have been dropped that she's not all she seems.  Johnny was in a three-way with gals dressed as Storm and the Scarlet Witch.  Reed and Sue are being supportive of the engagement.  Doc Doom is in prison, but smiling, because apparently the two people who taught him everything he knows are on their way to Earth, one parallel dimension at a time--in this issue we saw these two folks lay waste to a parallel Marvel universe as easily as snapping their fingers.  Things might get ugly.  Oh yeah, and daughter Valeria is super-smart like Reed and son Franklin feels left out cuz he doesn't have any powers and everyone else does.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 11:03:57 PM »

Thanks for the update, buddy. As I am a fan of the F.F. (even though I recently dropped it  Grin) it is nice to know what is going on. And I must say, that as much as this sounds good -
Doc Doom is in prison, but smiling, because apparently the two people who taught him everything he knows are on their way to Earth, one parallel dimension at a time--

This ...

Johnny was in a three-way with gals dressed as Storm and the Scarlet Witch. 

Ummm ... no. Just no.
 Roll Eyes

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 11:22:39 PM »

Thanks for the update, buddy. As I am a fan of the F.F. (even though I recently dropped it  Grin) it is nice to know what is going on. And I must say, that as much as this sounds good -
Doc Doom is in prison, but smiling, because apparently the two people who taught him everything he knows are on their way to Earth, one parallel dimension at a time--

This ...

Johnny was in a three-way with gals dressed as Storm and the Scarlet Witch. 

Ummm ... no. Just no.
 Roll Eyes

Too funny.....

Troy's synopsis has me interested in checking it out at the store now just for the manage a trois!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 12:37:17 AM »

Too funny.....

Troy's synopsis has me interested in checking it out at the store now just for the manage a trois!

I hate to say it but me too!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 01:58:04 AM »

you sick mo-fos
 Cheesy

I have no problem with the threesome, hell in my younger days I had my share  Wink but having one of your koochies dressed as your sister? Naw ... the thought of that just makes my Mr. Fantastic a little too rubbery.

Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Brindrod
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 04:01:50 AM »

I have no problem with the threesome, hell in my younger days I had my share  Wink but having one of your koochies dressed as your sister? Naw ... the thought of that just makes my Mr. Fantastic a little too rubbery.

Cheesy

Uh...

Storm from the X-Men....  Not Sue Storm.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 12:24:55 PM »

Uh...

Storm from the X-Men....  Not Sue Storm.

Cheesy
 Cheesy
 Cheesy

Oh ... HAHAHA

Well hell, nevermind.
 Cheesy

I guess that says three things about me -
1) Not much into my sisters
2) Big fan of Sue Storm. So much so whien I see another character, I just naturally presume ...
3) Storm is no-where on my comic loving radar.

Grin

Man ... Storm ... Not Sue Storm ... wow.
HA

Okay, you guys are not sick mo-fos ... well maybe, but not right now, this instant.
 Wink

Ed209
HR Super Hero

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 04:36:10 PM »

Okay, you guys are not sick mo-fos ... well maybe, but not right now, this instant.
 Wink

Speak for yourself.  I am ... all the time.  Every minute of every day.  Grin
troyfreund
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 02:28:20 PM »

A good setup issue, increasing the tension and "What's gonna happen feeling?"  I'm curious to see where this goes and am enjoying seeing new people in this run--"Mrs. Fantastic" and now Reed's cousins.  Kinda cool.  Still digging Hitch's artwork and this particular issue's cover made me chuckle.  Smiley
Troy
troyfreund
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 03:42:06 PM »

566--Millar seems very much like a lotta sizzle and little steak.  Though neat things happen, there doesn't often seem to be enough emotional weight to the events.  Consequently I read an issue in two minutes, go "heh, clever" and move on.  The conclusion of the last story didn't do much and this issue...as said before, this run is not gonna stand out in the Fantastic Four history books.
troyfreund
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2009, 01:07:43 PM »

569-"Master of Doom" finale....meh.  no Hitch, no Millar on script (just a "story" credit, with script by a never-heard-of Joe Ahearne) weak story, hardly worth the paper it's printed on.  eh..I did NOT need to spend that $3.99.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2009, 07:16:59 PM »

Hope you are on for next month. Hickman has arrived

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2009, 04:47:15 PM »

Hickman's FF -

After praising this guy for 4 months (or so), Hickman's first (true) issue of FF has just been laid to rest in my comic pile. I have to say ... I am honestly bemused.

The good - $2.99 price instead of $3.99

The bad - Story not worth $2.99

The worse - I bought two copies (one to share with friends)

The good - He is installing the entire Richards Family

The bad - He uses the term "family" too much in this issue

The worse - he has Reed use the term "super-hero family"

The good - He nails the character aspects of Ben, Johnny, Sue and the kids

The bad - He can not write Reed to save his ass (just horrible)

The worse - This is a Reed heavy arc

The good - Ben and Johnny going on a solo adventure

The bad - Reed going on a time adventure

The worse - I am over time stories

Undecided
Damn.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS