HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:13:15 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Battlesta Gallactica - Final season TBD and Spoilers  (Read 45840 times)
sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2009, 09:19:43 AM »

Must say,

I like the creation having issues with the creator(s), and the fact that the creator wants the best for her creations. The issue of not being different when in fact the very essence of the existence and having attributes of the creator making the creation different than what it was intended is beautiful. And will Daniel resurface?

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2009, 11:21:46 PM »

... And will Daniel resurface?

Was thinking more and more about this.

I Keep flip-flopping about Thrace being the final? 8. Ellen said Daniel was an artist and Thrace did love to paint ... at least painting the star going Nova. Plus, how cool would it be - The creators make Starbuck a girl for this revamp, only to reveal she was actually a guy.
 Cheesy

I still think she is too obvious, but damn ... she did put herself (or someone very close to looking liike her) on a pyre.

The more I know the more confused I get.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2009, 11:30:46 PM »

I Keep flip-flopping about Thrace being the final? 8.

They definately keep trying to lead us that way.  When - crap, what's his name - her husband was looking at the other cylons and said they were all glowing, Starbuck was glowing too.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Light Warrior
HR Hero

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2009, 04:04:10 AM »

Well, at this point there's no reason to even introduce Daniel if he won't show up in some way in either this or Caprica.  I don't want to like that idea about Starbuck, but yeah, I got nottin' else.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2009, 01:22:50 PM »

After a pretty slow, but emotional, episode last week (which no-one talked about ... what the hell guys?  Embarrassed ... myslef included  Grin), this week slammed it. Holy Hell. Sharon. That b!tch.

Cheif is all kinda Fracked in the head now. Great job from the actor also ... showed total mental and emotional breakdown.

Speaking of breakdown, I though for sure Thrace was going to attempt to kiss her old man for a second. Nice way to bring her dad into the show, but you could tell about half way where it was going, still, a good job overall. Now if Thrace is the 8th ... the way they showed her dad (figment) is a great way to show implanted memories.

Hera wrote the music notes ... Hmmmm. I scream harbinger !!

Only three episodes left. ONLY THREE !!!
 Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Light Warrior
HR Hero

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2009, 05:26:57 PM »

My thoughts on last week were "emotional" and "predictible" so I really had very little to say about it.

This week, back to mind frak.  Yeah, they couldn't have put any more subtext into the bit with Kara and her old man if they tried, but that's what made it work so well.  The Boomer stuff was something of a punch in the gut.  Every time I develop sympathy for her she slips into evil mode.  Part of me questions her getting away with it so easially.  With so many identical Eights (and other cylons mondels for that matter) running around, you'd think there'd be some form of measure to check the identities of the cylons you are talking to, especially for Helo and Athena. 

3 episodes left.  Granted the last one's two hours, but it still doesn't fell like it will be enough.
sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2009, 08:19:49 PM »

Idea.

Could Thrace's father have been Daniel? Perhaps she preceeded Athena as the first Cylon/human hybrid with no one on either side knowing except her dad/Daniel who was boxed before he could reveal the truth. It would explain why he disappeared and why she has a connection to the Cylons. Perhaps she inherited her father's artistic talent which could have been music instead of or as well as art. Just a wild idea.

A Time Lord even moreso.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2009, 09:13:57 PM »

Could be, but -
A) be pretty crappy of them to throw this new "8th" Cylon out to us, this season, and then tell us it's someone we have never seen.
B) doesn't explain her finding "her own body" (?)
C) I suspect, Hera (whom I think you meant ... the daughter of Helo and Athena) is the first Cylon/Human THIS time around the Cycle. I still believe we are seeing the second, third, or even one millionth time the "Cylons" and "Humans" have formed an alliance ... after a Cylon Civil War.
 Wink

Could be mistaken though.
 Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2009, 09:30:52 PM »

Idea.

Could Thrace's father have been Daniel? Perhaps she preceeded Athena as the first Cylon/human hybrid with no one on either side knowing except her dad/Daniel who was boxed before he could reveal the truth. It would explain why he disappeared and why she has a connection to the Cylons. Perhaps she inherited her father's artistic talent which could have been music instead of or as well as art. Just a wild idea.

I think your right about her dad being Daniel.  Him being boxes could explain why he left Kara and her mom and never came back.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2009, 09:59:41 PM »

Again, could very well be. But damn why even bring him up. Okay, so if Thrace is half ... no ... yes ...
Oh screw it.
 Cheesy

Light Warrior
HR Hero

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2009, 03:45:17 AM »

Yeah, I've given up trying to figure out where this is going anymore.

I only have two predictions for the final: Rosalin will die, and Galactica will go boom.
sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2009, 05:49:24 AM »

Very good question.

Why bring him up unless he is to play an active role in the current scheme of things or to explain or further shed light on another character's background.

A Time Lord even moreso.
Light Warrior
HR Hero

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2009, 04:33:55 AM »

Well, I think the REAL reason was once they had their origin for the final five, they needed to explain the odd numbering of the rest of the cylons: 1, 2,3, 4,5 ,6, ...8.  But I'm sure they can come up with more than one use.
Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2009, 01:37:08 PM »

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this:

The Cylons created Man.

Just a theory.

All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again.

Humans and Cylons living together, mass hysteria.

Here's something for you:  the whole show has been about the creation rebelling against the creators.

So if the Cylons created mankind (they have the tech to resurrect) on Earth, the humans rebelled and nuked the Cylons, escaped to Kobol, where, thousands of years later, 12 "colonies" branched out.  Thousands of years after THAT, the humans create the chrome Cylons, who...gasp...rebel and take off.

Then the come back and nuke the humans...

And the cycle begins again.  I think that this series is probably some kind of moment of clarity for the human/cylon race.  Some kind of moment of self awareness that happens only once in a millenium.

Anyway.  Just my two cents.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2009, 12:53:37 AM »

About 10 minutes before the last episode and something has just hit me as a possible ... happening.

Baltar is the one that writes the Books of Kobol. He is the author of the Prophecies.

They have been steadily heading him down a cult leaders path and I think that may be why.
 Wink

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS