HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:34:38 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Battlesta Gallactica - Final season TBD and Spoilers  (Read 45839 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 17, 2009, 04:40:07 AM »

So I totlly blew it with my prediction of Duela being the fifth cylon! 

But Ellen??

Bit of a dissapointment I have to say.

Red herring?  What are your thoughts?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Light Warrior
HR Hero

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 05:12:34 AM »

I'd say so.  I mean if she had been there sure, but there are too many questions.  Between the implications in the Caprica trailer, Starbuck, and the planet of Cylons that had far more than 12 people, I think there's a deeper meaning to the "12 cylons" than there are only 12 models of human-cylons. 

Or maybe I'm too skeptical after ma Petrelli's "sylar I am your mother" routine, not that I beleived that either.

PS, While my eyesight sucks so I'm not the most trustworthy witness, but I could swear I saw Dualla in the next week preview.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 05:43:14 AM by Light Warrior » Logged
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 12:04:30 PM »

Damn good show. I am lost as hell now that they showed her as the 12th. But, I had a daydream last night as I was lying in bed ...

Hows about this –

Years from now, we humans develop the Cylon System. Many years later, they turn on us for our war like ways. Now, no humans exist.  Many years later, they turn on each other and blow the planet to crapola (well … one model does … more on that later). But before utter destruction, 12 models escape to the stars (the 13th colony from Earth) and form the 12 colonies.

Breed
Breed
and
Breed somemore (Earth was destroyed over 2,000 years ago remember, so there is a lot of time to get funky in the bedroom Wink)

Memory wiped away (?) the 12 colonies forget they are actually Cylons. They begin to forge a new cybernetic system known as Cylons! These Cylons grow tired of being used and start a war. They then make “human” looking copies, but accessing a latent memory from their masters, make the 12 models look like the original 12 from the 13th colony.

Now …(pant, pant)

This is not the first time this cycle has occurred. Remember the Cylon that held Starbuck captive told her that this has happened before and will happen again.  Well, I think that Thrace (Starbuck) WILL destroy them all, as is her fate, as was the one before her that destroyed Earth over 2000 years ago and as is the fate of the next one … HERA. Yes Hera will be the new Death, having been forged from true love between old and new Cylons.

That is my early morning ramble.

On a side note, I just love how this show incorporates so many aspects of different religion and mythology into this show. Even little ones like how Earth was destroyed about 2000 years ago ... What in the world happened about 2000 years ago (or "supposedly" happened, for us Atheist  Wink). 2009 to be exact.
 Grin

I also think that the memory wipe (or whatever happened) is also the reason the colonies (I almost said humans  Wink) believe that there is 12 gods of Kobol (sp?)  ... they somewhat remember the original 12 cylons.

Hell ... I don't know ... I am just talking outta my ass.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Ed209
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 04:12:01 PM »

Wow.

Honestly, I really like that theory, quite a bit actually.  The more I think about it, the more I like it.  You should be a writer for the show.  I'd be surprised if it turned out like that, but wouldn't be disappointed at all if it did.

And have some Tic-tacs handy if you're gonna talk out of your ass like that.  Grin  I can smell your breath all the way over in my post.

Or maybe my cat farted....  Cheesy
Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 03:36:32 PM »

Agreed, best theory I've heard so far...side note:  sad to see Dualla go--but what a way to go.  Holy carp, I did not see that coming...
Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 04:15:07 PM »

New episode tonight!  I'm so glad I finally caught up to the on-air seasons, so I can watch the end of this fantastic series real-time.   Grin
Light Warrior
HR Hero

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 05:19:01 AM »

Well, this week we tie up a plot hole and then, well, while fun and good setup, much of this week was predictible.  Still Adama's stunt with Zarrak had me on the floor laughing.  Never play poker with that man.

Now if someone could scrub the final scene from my brain please.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 02:19:55 PM »

Well, this week we tie up a plot hole and then, well, while fun and good setup, much of this week was predictible.  Still Adama's stunt with Zarrak had me on the floor laughing.  Never play poker with that man.

Now if someone could scrub the final scene from my brain please.

Which plot hole are you referring to, Light?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Light Warrior
HR Hero

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 04:47:36 PM »

Nikki being "half cylon" without all the fanfare and trouble that Hera has had, as well as passing by Doc Cottle undetected.  When the four were outted I knew that was a bit of a problem the writers would have to deal with.

Now I'm going bak to "If Ellen was the final cylon, did Balter's detector not work on her, or did he forget to mention he knew her identity as they searched for the final five" problem, and "how did D'anna know Ellen wasn't in the fleet" question.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 09:46:14 PM »

Nikki being "half cylon" without all the fanfare and trouble that Hera has had, as well as passing by Doc Cottle undetected.  When the four were outted I knew that was a bit of a problem the writers would have to deal with.

Oh, that's right.  Yeah - that needed to be dealt with.  I have to say though that I still hate what they've done by making the chief a cylon.  Seems like they've had to scramble to fix things like Nikki and their having to go out of character to do it.  I don't really believe Kalli would have cheated on him with that guy.

Light Warrior
HR Hero

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 04:39:43 AM »

Ron Moore and the writers have admitted they did everything short of tossing darts at a list of names to pick the final five, so problems were to be expected.  Considering their relationship by our standards went from him beating her rather badly, to them being married after a one year later jump, I won't comment on if it's in character or not.
Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 09:42:35 PM »

Baltar's Cylon detector never actually worked.  He created it as a Red Herring, iirc...and Deanna could have known about Ellen, and knew she was dead--therefore not in the fleet.  Also, Cottle was never able to discern who was a Cylon and who was not, either.  They hammered this out in the first couple seasons, I thought. 

So, Nicky would not have been detected, and only Tyrol knew that his son was half-Cylon until he was outted by Deanna at the end of season 4.0.  Now, the real cover-up is the writers quickly telling us how Nicky isn't Galen's kid at all--before any hubub arose from the fleet about another half-breed.  I'm sure the whole world crashing down around everyone's head with the discovery of a nuked Earth would be foremost on everyone's mind, rather than who had a half-Cylon crotch critter running around.  Certainly seemed that way what with all the fighting and people blowing their frakking brains out over the dream being over. 

I dunno, seems to me that the writers and producers handled this transition really, really well, with a slight backpedalling to cover the racial origin of Nicholas Tyrol.  Galen's found to be a Cylon, but before anyone can process the idea, and think--wait a tick, he's got a kid, too!--well, they're all told that the dream they've been working towards this whole time, all the hope that they poured into this idea...it's all bullsh!t.  This distracts them, and then we find out that it's not his kid anyway, so it's okay.  Or is it?  The story's not done--will he pay a price at the hands of some racist Colonials for a child that's not even his?  Who knows.  I'm just enjoying the ride...
Light Warrior
HR Hero

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 03:40:03 AM »

Baltar's cylon detector did pick up Boomer, and he passed her out of fear for his life should she react badly.  I usually assumed that the second version that took 11 hours was only so that he'd never be in the room with a cylon he uncovered.  The fleet dosen't know he lied and thinks it doesn't work. 

I know my thoughts on Cottle are a bit of a stretch, but they're based on the fact that Hera's blood was found to be different from human or cylon without a lot of effort.  So I do question that if Nikki was half cylon like Hera, would Cottle have found similar abnormalities through a routine blood examination.  It's moot now.

As for D'anna and Ellen, given the short timeframe between her death and the exodus from new caprica, I'm not sure when she might have found her dead body, but it leads to a similar question: how does she know nothing happened to the other four?

Frankly, with so many theories claiming Nikki had a similar special destiny to Hera, I'm very glad it was something more mundane.
Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2009, 03:04:27 PM »

Yeah, you're right about the Cylon detector.  Forgot about that.  Then Phantom Six told him to make it not work, didn't she?  Maybe Boomer was activated at that time. and that's how the detector worked on her but not the five?

Also, I was just listening to the podcast for the last episode, and Ron Moore himself said that the Nicky thing was evolved in that way to prevent him from being another Cylon/Human hybrid.  I'm happy with that, because it raises many other questions for Tyrol as well as making sure that Hera is the only one with a special destiny.

The Deanna thing...I don't know how to explain that.  Maybe they have a way to monitor the Galactica?  Those plants that Gaius found in the first season?  Maybe there's more?
Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2009, 01:09:40 PM »

Soooo...this las episode kicked so much ass that there was no ass left to be kicked when the ass-kicking was completed.  Gaeta is a traiterous dog, Adama is still a badass, and Starbuck...I'm in love, what can I say? Full-blown revolution aboard the ship, the last stand of Adama and Tigh, and the president gets off her ass. Finally. Best episode since last week's episode. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS