HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:55:48 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, February 24, 2021  (Read 1701 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: February 24, 2021, 03:34:58 PM »

One of the best things about working from home is that I can be at my LCS when it opens.

Captain Marvel #26
Generations Forged #1
Marvels Voices Legacy #1
X-Men #18

Very happy that Future State is wrapping up and we get back to our "regular" reading next week.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 07:10:18 PM »

Let’s give this another try.  I’m really falling behind on my comic reading.  Part of it is because I’ve committed myself to reading War and Peace by Tolstoy with a group and I’m several days behind there as well.

Marvel Unlimited
Marvels Snapshots Spider-Man #1
Marvels X #5
Marvels X #6
Immortal Hulk: The Threshing Place #1 (by Jeff Lemire)
Immortal Hulk #38
Strange Academy #3
Black Widow #2
Thor #8
Amazing Spider-Man #49
Amazing Spider-Man #50
Amazing Spider-Man #50.1

ComiXology Unlimited
Barbalien: Red Planet #3
Family Tree #10
Fire Power #1
Fire Power #2
Fire Power #3
Fire Power #4
Fire Power #5
Fire Power #6
Fire Power #7
Kick-Ass vs. Hit-Girl #3
Rorshach #5
Seven Secrets #6
Stillwater #5

DC Universe Infinite
Batman & the Outsiders #10
Batman & the Outsiders #11
Batman & the Outsiders #12
Batman & the Outsiders #13
Batman & the Outsiders #14
Batman & the Outsiders #15
Flash Forward #1
Flash Forward #2
Flash Forward #3
Flash Forward #4
Flash Forward #5
Flash Forward #6
Green Lantern: Blackstars #1
Green Lantern: Blackstars #2
Green Lantern: Blackstars #3

---------------------------------------------

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 03:54:59 PM »

Let’s give this another try.  I’m really falling behind on my comic reading.  Part of it is because I’ve committed myself to reading War and Peace by Tolstoy with a group and I’m several days behind there as well.

DC Universe Infinite
Flash Forward #1
Flash Forward #2
Flash Forward #3
Flash Forward #4
Flash Forward #5
Flash Forward #6
Green Lantern: Blackstars #1
Green Lantern: Blackstars #2
Green Lantern: Blackstars #3

---------------------------------------------

Flash Forward was a really enjoyable story but the cover art was bad. Let me know your thoughts on GL: Blackstars. I was curious about it but didn't pick it up at my LCS.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 11:26:28 AM »

Keep forgetting to ask, Jeff, how far are you now on that book of yours? Reached page 47,245 yet?  Wink
Hey, it's a big book

And speaking of Jeff, seeing his list a couple days ago made me remember I haven't read that Fire Power in awhile, so I got caught up on a few issues and ... well ...

Fire Power #4
Fire Power #5
Fire Power #6
Fire Power #7
- I think I am done with this. I'm not hating it, even though it is far to close to being a total rehash of Iron Fist and Miller's Daredevil, it is still a fine title. There is nothing glaringly bad or anything, but also just not enough "ooomph" for me. But hey, once Image Unlimited starts ...  Grin (if only)

Skulldigger and Skeleton Boy #6 - Damn it. Not sure if it was the delay or what but this ending was both way too fast and far too anticlimactic. Kind of a let down for a title that had me really pumped through the first five issues. Sadly, this ending didn't leave me feeling satisfied at all

HaHa #2 - Man, I keep getting more saddened by this list as I go, but I shouldn't be too surprised with this title however as I have been on the fence with its "sister title" (Ice Cream Man) for months and months. But where ICM leaves me wondering if I want to continue with it as soon I finish each issue, I still end up thinking about what I just read for at least a couple days past that, so yeah, I keep getting it for that reason. It sticks in my head and that means something. This six issue mini sure leaves me feeling the same with the first part well enough, but when I am done I just feel I wasted time and money. I'm out!

Morrison's Green Lantern #1 - Another "As Seen on Jeff's List" read  Grin This one I read when it hit a couple years ago (? ... or close) and I think I got through the first three issues, but back then it did nothing for me. Too Morrison'y. But with this three part series ending with the next issue, and feeling as though I had nothing to lose this week (I had already read six issues that didn't wow me, what's another gonna hurt) I decided to try this again. It is still not a good book, for me, but it did read better this time around. I think that is true, again, for me, with a lot of Morrison stuff. It is sometimes a little too jarring, far too jumpy and too out right F'n crazy for me to fully enjoy it the first time around (save for All-Star Superman ... still the best I have read), let's face it, this isn't a Hal I have ever read, but still, compared to what I read prior ... I think that did help. I think I'm going to try to get through his 3 arc run. Or at least get to the Blackstars stuff. Like Rodney, I am curious about that one. For me that's because I wasn't around to read the original stuff and have always liked the look of the group. Although Morrison may not be the best entry into their stuff
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
(But hey, I do see a little bit of them here in this issue and wonder if I will know a lot more reading through this first GL arc even before their true arc starts)
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2021, 02:34:10 PM »

Went to start reading GL #2 and just couldn't get into the feel for it last night. Not done with it, will give it a go tonight. I did get some in however.

Jupiter's Legacy v2 #2
Jupiter's Legacy v2 #3
Jupiter's Legacy v2 #4
Jupiter's Legacy v2 #5
- DANG IT!!! There was a planned part 3? Now I have to go find out info on that. Was it ever made? I don't think so, but maybe I missed it. Hmmm

Hellblazer: Rise and Fall #3 - I should have read this with the last pile of issues as it fits right in with the theme of being let down  Undecided. It wasn't a bad three issue mini, but I didn't enjoy the ending. Not one of Tom Taylor's best, but ... I don't know ... no, I can't fool myself, I should've waited to read it on DCI  Undecided

Fantastic Four #26 - So I finally broke and read this issue on MU. I've been told it is good, back to classic FF stuff and within the first two pages I was hooked. I enjoyed this. Not going to get too excited for issue #27, but there is a glimmer of hope that I may be able to read an arc of Fantastic Four and be happy about what I read. That is a welcome change. Hello 2021!!!
 Grin

Fire Power #4
Fire Power #5
Fire Power #6
Fire Power #7

Skulldigger and Skeleton Boy #6
HaHa #2
Morrison's Green Lantern #1

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS