HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 12:24:31 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader: December 16, 2020  (Read 3216 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: December 17, 2020, 02:09:35 AM »

One of these days I'll get to that DC Universe list.  Is this the week?

ComiXolgy
Barbalien Red Planet #1
Black Magick #16
Die!Die!Die! #13
Locke & Key: In Pale Battalions Go
RAI #10
Stillwater #3
Rorschach #3
Endless Winter:
     The Flash #767
     Superman: Endless Winter Special #1
     Aquaman #66
     Justice League #58
     Teen Titans: Endless Winter Special #1

Marvel Unlimited
Guardians of the Galaxy #6
Amazing Spider-Man #48
Empyre:
     Empyre: Aftermath
     Empyre: Fallout
     Captain Marvel #21

DC Universe
Metal Men #2
Flash #82
The Green Lantern #10
The Green Lantern #11
The Green Lantern #12
Batman & the Outsiders #7
Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #4
Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #5
Hawkman #18
The Terrifics #14
The Terrifics #15

--------------------------------------------

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 12:09:19 PM »

One of these days I'll get to that DC Universe list.  Is this the week?

Maybe? But to help save you some time, for now, I think you should delay reading these two:
... and wait for a few more to hit
 Wink
(it really does read so damn fine collected)

Barbalien Red Planet #1

Man I hope it hits better for you than it did me. I' did so little for me that, for the first time since its beginning, I'm bailing out of a Black Hammer title. Yeah, I'm not getting issue #2
 Undecided

RAI #10

The last issue. Time for me to catch up!!  Smiley

Endless Winter:
     The Flash #767
     Aquaman #66
     Justice League #58

I'm waiting on this. I hear it is good and let me know if it continues to be so, but as I am not reading too much DC right now I figure I can wait. Hey! Finally! I'm waiting on something
 Grin

Empyre:
     Captain Marvel #21

Have you got to the ... no ... not saying anything yet, gonna wait.
 Grin

Hawkman #18

Ahhhh, the issue that started all the renewed love from me for this character. A title so well done ... that ended less than a year later
 Cry

Read most of this last week, but not trying to make two posts right now
 Cheesy

King in Black: Immortal Hulk #1 - A good, no dialog one-shot. Very well done. A great "horror" comic
Immortal Hulk #41 - "The Battle" that we saw at the end of #40 comes to its conclusion
Iron Man #2
Iron Man #3
- Some people will hate this, I enjoy it. Love the team-up. Always liked this "partner" character

Invincible #105
Invincible #106
Invincible #107
Invincible #108
Invincible #109
Invincible #110
Invincible #111
Invincible #112
Invincible #113
Invincible #114
- Oh yeah, knocked a lot more out. Dude having tons of sex with a huge cricket is ... haha ... yeah. I mean, okay, once? Sure, just to try it, ya know, but this dude? DAMN!!!!! That chirping must be hella good!!!
Once you go insect, you never .... ?
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
(And yes,  know why he is doing it, but still ... funny as hell to me)
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2020, 12:05:25 AM »

ComiXolgy
Barbalien Red Planet #1
Black Magick #16
Die!Die!Die! #13
RAI #10
Stillwater #3
Rorschach #3
Endless Winter:
     The Flash #767
     Aquaman #66
     Justice League #58

Marvel Unlimited
Amazing Spider-Man #48
Empyre:
     Captain Marvel #21

DC Universe
Metal Men #2
Flash #82
The Green Lantern #10
The Green Lantern #11
The Green Lantern #12
Hawkman #18
The Terrifics #14
The Terrifics #15

I'm off to a good start.  Got all the Marvel stuff done and will hit the ComiXology stuff next.

Guardians of the Galaxy #6 - I'm done with this for now I think.  Just not as much fun as they used to be.

Amazing Spider-Man #48 - This does not look good for Ole Spidey.  Looks like the Spider Gang might be not be agreeing with his stance on the Sin Eater.  Throw in Norman Osborn in the mix and its a fun Spider-Man tale being wove.

Empyre:
     Empyre: Aftermath - Now it's really over.  Oh wait...there's a Fallout issue......

Empyre: Fallout - And NOW it's really over!!  Of course the ending in this is setting up the next big event and with the return of a fan favorite character it's going to be a doozy.

Captain Marvel #21 - Should have read this before Aftermath but all well.  Good wrap up of this tangent story and nice end to the sister arc.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2020, 03:36:31 AM »

Perry; the new Iron Man title is not yet up on Unlimited. Maybe next week? Next month?

I READ

Cable 3 & 4: Okay, I laughed, and found myself enjoying the title, particularly with it showing that
OG Cable had planned for a lot of what the Kid is doing/seeing/knowing. And he may be out there???
So, I dig what I"m reading. That, and the knight shouting "OKAY THAT'S IT; COMMENCE EARTH DESTRUCTION!" (paraphrasing) but I laughed really hard at that.

Amazing Spider-man 47-48: I so dig watching Mark Bagley on 'my' Spider-man again. 48 hit hard; that was a good read, and a strong read!!!

Wolverine 4: Dayum. Good, cool stuff to read. Forgot what Red's current story and place was; this was a fast reminder!

New Mutants 12: Good read. Glad to soo Glob go off here.

Guardians 6: See Jeff, this issue kinda brought me back into wanting to know what happens next. If it falls flat (again) next issue, I may ultimately be done as well.

X-factor 2-3: I can't stand Mojoverse at all. Never have. Also, didn't Star fight and free himself of slavery from there? The stuff with Aurora at home I did dig reading.

Daredevil Annual 1: DAMN that's good writing! I love the 'return' of Mike!! And his buddy? So very, very cool to read!

And guess what...I'M CAUGHT UP ON EVERYTHING THAT ISN'T EMPYRE!!!!

Time for that this weekend.

Batman who Laughs 1-3; Okay, I fell for this title once I started reading. I dig it!!

Ocean Master 1-a very very cool set up for what's coming in Aquaman's title. I like

Superman 18: GAG me. f*** you bendis and the reveal. so damned glad your last issue just came out. go the f*** away.

Hawkman 19: Perry, was Pat Olliffe's art here the beginning of your love? Just curious. I love Hawkman. It still continues.

Deathstroke 50 -PRIEST I LOVE EVERYTHING YOU HAVE EVER WRITTEN!!!

He-man and the Masters of the MUltiverse-guilty pleasure. loved this as a kid.

Flash 21-25-forgot if I mentioned this; The Button arc from 5 years ago, plus more with Zoom/Thawne from that time period as well. I'm digging it!

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2020, 12:46:13 PM »

Aquaman #66
Batman #105
Dark Nights Death Metal #6
Justice League #58
Nightwing #77
Power Rangers #2
Tales from the Dark Multiverse: Crisis on Infinite Earths  #1
Teen Titans Endless Winter Special #1
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2020, 08:58:26 PM »

Guardians of the Galaxy #6 - I'm done with this for now I think.  Just not as much fun as they used to be.

Oh no, not close to being as fun. More "out there interesting" than anything, I feel. Heck, I have to be in the mood for that kind of story to really enjoy it. It is why I haven't read the last couple issues
 Undecided
But I'll get back to it someday
 Grin

Perry; the new Iron Man title is not yet up on Unlimited. Maybe next week? Next month?

The extra-sized first issue should hit the MU on 12-21  Smiley
Now, I'm not sure you will like it, it isn't close to being as good as Fraction's or Michelinie even, but I am enjoying the old school conflicts and the team-up partner
 Smiley

Oh, and Jeff, that Immortal She-Hulk originally hit the stands a week after that Iron Man #1 did, so maybe that will hit MU the following week. Maybe?

Hawkman 19: Perry, was Pat Olliffe's art here the beginning of your love? Just curious. I love Hawkman. It still continues.

Yeah, I think that was it. Whomever it was on issue #18, I enjoyed enough to start getting it. I am 99% sure that was the name, so ... yeah?
I did some looking and it looks like he is now doing a book called Edgeworld. Comixology title. Was thinking about trying it, but I think his art there reminds me too much of Ernie Colon's look when he took over that old Amethyst book in the 80's.
Wow, not sure why that came to my head as I never read that book back then, and my memory sucks, but damn it if I don't remember flipping through and seeing Colon did the art and really remember seeing some character with ... stripes all over? Something like that. No idea why, but that is what the art in that Edgeworld looks like to me
 Cheesy

Knocked out a couple more ...(including the next Iron Man!  Smiley) but also listing some I am going to find time to get to this week:

Challenge of the Super Sons #1 (New digital first comic featuring the NON-aged Jon!!!! Fucking Bendis!  Angry)

The Cimmerian: The Frost Giant's Daughter #1
Locke & Key: In Battalions Go #3
Department of Truth #3
Stillwater #3
Stillwater #4

and if I'm lucky ... if ...would also like to get to:

Batman's Grave #12
Batman/Catwoman #1
Batman" Black & White #1
DCeased: Dead Planet #6
Injustice: Year Zero #12

Avengers #257 (1985)

Crossover #1
Crossover #2
Fire Power #4
Fire Power #5
Fire Power #6
Rai #6
Rai #7
Rai #8

I did get through this little bit the last couple of nights however (3 in 3 nights? Doesn't bode well for my list above  Cheesy):

Iron Man #4 - Yep, not sure why I like this, compared to a lot of other people, but I do. Still here! I do see an issue with the coloring, but I like a darker tone, so I am okay with it.

Invincible #115
Invincible #116

King in Black: Immortal Hulk #1
Immortal Hulk #41
Iron Man #2
Iron Man #3

Invincible #105
Invincible #106
Invincible #107
Invincible #108
Invincible #109
Invincible #110
Invincible #111
Invincible #112
Invincible #113
Invincible #114

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2020, 02:43:28 PM »

I just saw that ad for Challenge of the Super sons! You bet your sweet bippy I'll go buy that and support it! That's my title! Those are my boys!! That's what I want!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2020, 01:23:46 PM »

Knocked a couple off the list below. Not going to come close on my "if I'm lucky" list though
 Undecided

LIST
Challenge of the Super Sons #1

Stillwater #4

Batman's Grave #12
Batman/Catwoman #1
Batman" Black & White #1

Avengers #257 (1985)

Crossover #1
Crossover #2
Fire Power #4
Fire Power #5
Fire Power #6
Rai #6
Rai #7
Rai #8
/ LIST
 Grin

The Cimmerian: The Frost Giant's Daughter #1 - Absolutely loved this take! A little short on story though and more a prequal to the actual one. Still, looked so good.

Locke & Key: In Battalions Go #3 - A pretty good story. As always, collected read will be much better

Department of Truth #3 - This one was ... well, I am not sure you will like this one, Jeff. I thought it was "meh" myself, but hopefully next issue moves us past the more "recent" news stuff, but I worry that it will stay on that theme, when I want more Moon Landing type stuff. We will see.

Stillwater #3 - I'm enjoying this, but not sure I see it as an "ongoing" with a lot of meat to give

Immortal Hulk #41
Iron Man #2
Iron Man #3

Iron Man #4

Invincible #105
Invincible #106
Invincible #107
Invincible #108
Invincible #109
Invincible #110
Invincible #111
Invincible #112
Invincible #113
Invincible #114

Invincible #115
Invincible #116

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2020, 10:28:52 PM »

Looks like issue #1 showed up on MU yesterday.  Adding it to my list.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2020, 12:11:09 PM »

Looks like issue #1 showed up on MU yesterday.

I'm so happy Jeff listens to me  Roll Eyes

Wink Cheesy Wink Cheesy Wink Cheesy Wink Cheesy

Edit - Forgot to add my last of the week reads ... well ... read  Embarrassed Didn't get to Super Sons, but I think issue #2 is out now so hey, back to back read this next week?

LIST
Challenge of the Super Sons #1

Batman's Grave #12
Batman/Catwoman #1
Batman" Black & White #1

Avengers #257 (1985)

Crossover #1
Crossover #2
Fire Power #4
Fire Power #5
Fire Power #6
Rai #6
Rai #7
Rai #8
/ LIST
 Grin

Stillwater #4 - A liked this a little better than issue #3. Still very interested in the reasoning behind ... what's going on ... but It seems most of the book is going to be human to human conflict and I didn't think I wanted that in this comic, but it hit better for me this time.  So yeah
 Smiley

Immortal Hulk #41
Iron Man #2
Iron Man #3

Iron Man #4

Invincible #105
Invincible #106
Invincible #107
Invincible #108
Invincible #109
Invincible #110
Invincible #111
Invincible #112
Invincible #113
Invincible #114

Invincible #115
Invincible #116

The Cimmerian: The Frost Giant's Daughter #1
Locke & Key: In Battalions Go #3
Department of Truth #3
Stillwater #3

« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 12:22:49 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2020, 06:45:38 PM »

ComiXolgy
Barbalien Red Planet #1
Black Magick #16
Die!Die!Die! #13
RAI #10
Stillwater #3
Rorschach #3
Endless Winter:
     The Flash #767
     Aquaman #66
     Justice League #58

Marvel Unlimited
Amazing Spider-Man #48
Empyre:
     Captain Marvel #21

DC Universe
Metal Men #2
Flash #82
The Green Lantern #10
The Green Lantern #11
The Green Lantern #12
Hawkman #18
The Terrifics #14
The Terrifics #15

My good start died a quick death.  Work and Christmas prep took up all my time. 

Barbalien Red Planet #1 - I liked this better than Perry though it’s not as good as the other Black Hammer titles.  I can stick with it.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2021, 12:38:58 PM »

Amethyst #6 (final issue)
Aquaman #66
Batman #105
Justice League #58
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS