HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:38:31 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, October 28, 2020  (Read 5367 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: October 28, 2020, 04:24:39 AM »

This month has flown by.  Hopefully I’ll find the time to read all of these!

ComiXolgy
X of Swords
   X of Swords: Statis #1
Something is Killing the Children #11
Undiscovered Country #8
Skulldigger and Skeleton Boy #4
Low #25
Hidden Society #3
Gideon Falls #25
Black Magick #14
20XX #6
Trillium Deluxe Edition (Collects Trillium issues #1-8)
Suicide Squad #10
Ascender #13
The Boys: Dear Becky #5
The Department of Truth #1
Nailbiter Returns #5
Rorschach #1
That Texas Blood #4
X-Ray Robot #2

Marvel Unlimited
Dare Devil #21
Empyre #2
Empyre Avengers #1
Empyre X-Men #1 (rereading to see how it fits)
Lords of Empyre: Emporer Hulkling
Doctor Aphra #2

DC Universe
The Green Lantern #5
The Green Lantern #6
The Green Lantern #7
The Green Lantern #8
Batman & the Outsiders #6
Hawkman #17
Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #2
The Terrifics #12
Flash #80
Metal Men #1

--------------------------------------------

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 01:06:12 PM »

I read!

Daredevil 21-still great stuff
Dr Strange 1-5 -why did the title get a number reboot? Very silly, as it's still Waid's continuing work. And I Super dig it!
New Mutants 2-3 -working better for me. Glad to see Beak and Angel story was still realized
X-men, X-force, Marauders, Excalibur,: all good stuff! All weird too!

Trying to get X-men all caught up, get Marvel current, then I'm heading to a back log of Batman!

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 03:20:11 PM »

Batman: Three Jokers #3... still haven't read #1 & #2
Dark Nights Death Metal: Rise of the New God #1
Flash $764
Red Hood: Outlaw #50.... gotta admit that I am curious to see how the series ends.
Wonder Woman #765
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 08:50:41 PM »

Last time I tried one of these damn lists I didn't read half of what I wrote, so I am going to only list a couple of the ones that I KNOW, 100%, I will read this week.
 Cheesy

X of Swords: Status #1

Injustice Year Zero #9
Suicide Squad #10 (Penultimate issue Cry)
Batman Three Jokers #3 (Last issue)

Colonel Weird: Cosmagog #1 (first issue  Grin)
Department of Truth #2 (Most anticipated issue!)

... and that's it. Not saying I will not get through more, as I am sure ... well, I hope I will (like that TMNT Last Ronin #1 for example and I may even try and "read" Detective 1029 for that new villain and Rocafort's art), but I am going to concentrate on getting through the ones listed here before anything else
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 12:31:24 AM »

Flash $764

That’s one expensive Flash comic!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 01:38:50 AM »

Off to a good start!

ComiXolgy
X of Swords
Undiscovered Country #8
Low #25
Hidden Society #3

Gideon Falls #25
Black Magick #14
20XX #6
Suicide Squad #10
Ascender #13
Nailbiter Returns #5
Rorschach #1
That Texas Blood #4
X-Ray Robot #2

Marvel Unlimited
Dare Devil #21
Empyre #2
Empyre Avengers #1
Doctor Aphra #2

DC Universe
The Green Lantern #5
The Green Lantern #6
The Green Lantern #7
The Green Lantern #8
Hawkman #17
The Terrifics #12
Flash #80
Metal Men #1

X of Swords: Statis #1 - Not bad.  This issue gives you a bigger glimpse into the other side of this coming conflict.  And is worth it for the important surprise at the end.

Something is Killing the Children #11 - Start of the new arc which will hopefully wrap up the story in this town.  It’s good but let’s pick up the pace.

Undiscovered Country #8 - Starting to get bored with this one.  Need some answers to keep me going.

Skulldigger and Skeleton Boy #4 - Loved it.  The fathers/sons theme is excellent.  Nice cliffhanger for the next issue too.

Low #25 - Good issue.  Next issue is the finale.  Honestly, they should have just made this double sized and ended at 25. But nobody asked me.

Hidden Society #3 - Ok issue.  Next issue is the finale.  Definitely would be a better series if I had just read it all at once.  Great idea but the execution is a little lacking.

Gideon Falls #25 - Getting closer to this twisty ending.  Will everything end? Or is there a way out?

Black Magick #14 - What is it with all my comics this week moving along at a snails pace?  Actually it’s probably that COVID gap that’s making these seem to take longer than they really are.  At least we got a great fight this issue with one creepy little girl demon.

20XX #6 - Not the best Luna book but pretty decent finale to this mini.  Leaves the door open for more and I’d pick it up if there is another.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 01:40:42 AM by Jeff » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2020, 01:58:35 AM »

Deadpool 2-5. Meh. Got better as it went along, and Bachalo left.

Guardians of the galaxy 1-4: what the hell? What perfect universe doubles are they referring to? I am not enjoying my time so far.

Sin eater special; seeing as how I never read his story this actually did help

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2020, 11:24:56 AM »

Guardians of the galaxy 1-4: what the hell? What perfect universe doubles are they referring to? I am not enjoying my time so far.

I don't remember that ... Which run are you reading?

As for me, started to read my X book last night and got through page two before ... ZZZZZzzzzzzz
 Cheesy

Will try again today/tonight

And Jeff, looking forward to your thoughts on Department of Truth. I personally loved the last page and the concept in general.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2020, 11:57:44 AM »

Flash $764

That’s one expensive Flash comic!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! No kidding!
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2020, 05:45:37 PM »

I'm reading the most recent Guardians run; the series after Scourge (which was dumb and boring)

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2020, 08:26:26 PM »

I'm reading the most recent Guardians run; the series after Scourge (which was dumb and boring)

Most recent is Ewing's, so the one before that, yeah?

No, wait, before that was Cates' run about ... Thanos ...

Are you talking about the one before that? The 2017 Duggan's last run stuff? Is that what the comment about Universe Doubles is about? I didn't read it, I think, so I am lost
 Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2020, 06:06:04 PM »

Nope, current series, current writing.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2020, 11:51:07 PM »

Nope, current series, current writing.

Hmmm, don't remember the universe doubles part. Damn brain  Grin 
I just remember the freeing of Hercules after fighting the Gods part. Unless your talking about Moondragon stuff? Maybe that is what you are referring to? But I thought that stuff hit a little later in the issues so now I ... I really don't know  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2020, 01:06:31 AM »

ComiXolgy
X of Swords
Undiscovered Country #8
Low #25
Hidden Society #3

Gideon Falls #25
Black Magick #14
20XX #6
Suicide Squad #10
Ascender #13
Nailbiter Returns #5
Rorschach #1
That Texas Blood #4
X-Ray Robot #2

Marvel Unlimited
Dare Devil #21
Empyre #2
Empyre Avengers #1
Doctor Aphra #2

DC Universe
The Green Lantern #5
The Green Lantern #6
The Green Lantern #7
The Green Lantern #8
Hawkman #17
The Terrifics #12
Flash #80
Metal Men #1

Trillium Deluxe Edition (Collects Trillium issues #1-8) - Excellent book!!  Another Jeff Lemire classic IMO.  If you read this on your tablet you will need to lock the screen rotation.  This is an interactive book and you have to read it at different angles..including upside down.  And that’s one of the things that’s makes it sooooo cool.  Thumbs way up on this mini.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2020, 11:49:12 AM »

Trillium Deluxe Edition (Collects Trillium issues #1-8) - Excellent book!! 

Sweet! Already on my list ... along with so many other Lemire works I have to get to (Sweet Tooth, Essex County, Royal City and of course Descender/Ascender)  Smiley

Although speaking of Lemire, I think I may soon bail from his Family Tree title. Maybe, at least. I'm going to give it a few more issues (including the two I haven't read yet  Cheesy) and see where I stand. I don't think the lack of "grabbing me" is all Lemire's doing, I do get into the story each time I read, but the art by Hester is not keeping the "I have to read the next issue" drive going, it seems.
 Undecided
And that sucks as I do remember enjoying the look of Hester's Green Arrow run ... which I still have to finish, as shocking as that sounds  Cheesy, but I just find his art here (or maybe it is the coloring??) too obtrusive here in this title. No idea why.

And no, I have nothing else to add to this thread as I once again read nothing yesterday or last night
 Angry

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS