HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:57:34 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shazam 2 Fury of the Gads  (Read 1119 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 27, 2023, 12:45:26 AM »

I hope this version of Shazam makes it into the new DC movie world.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 04:12:08 PM »

This new trailer was AWESOME!!!

And the new DCU will severely miss out on their own ongoing movie mission if this is as big a hit or bigger than the first one, if they decide to dump it!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2023, 09:35:46 PM »

So I watched the trailer, as I was sure I wouldn't go to the theaters for this, and... okay, sure. Seems, typical, for the most part, but how do you guys watch trailers anymore and not get pissed about how much they show in them? I mean we get the first and second act and almost the entire third in this trailer alone. Whatever happened to enticing without showing?

Hopefully there's a lot more to be had other than what I saw. I think I saw the movie. Stuff like this pissed me off  Angry Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2023, 01:09:53 PM »

Yeah, it really feels truly revealing.

I hope there is a bit more to the movie than what we've seen.

But I thought...I thought...the run time was being limited near to 1:30? Maybe that's wrong in my rumor mongering reading

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2023, 04:51:48 PM »

Still haven't seen this but it should be on HBO Max soon enough.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2023, 06:29:45 PM »

Just read that they are putting up for sale already, on April 18th (ouch). Remarks about the totally tanking ticket sales must have been true
Looks like it will be around May 1st for HBO?

I'm still hoping it is decent, reviews don't tell the story, usually and ticket sales are also subject to all kinds of shit.

I liked the first half of the first movie. Second half lost me as I'm not a fan of the Oprah Shazam Squad ("You get Shazam powers, and you get Shazam powers, and you get Sh...)
 Tongue

Still interested in seeing what I think about this one though.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2023, 01:54:36 PM »

Shazam! Fury of the Gods will debut on Max (formerly HBO Max) May 23, 2022.

Looking forward to some mindless super hero antics.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2023, 10:52:01 AM »

Watched the first 20 minutes or so... not for me, no thank you

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2023, 07:55:48 PM »

Finally saw it over the weekend. It was okay. There was a huge chunk in the middle that could've been left out.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2023, 05:00:35 PM »

I liked this movie. It wasn't as charming as the first movie; I think that was too much Levi acting like a brain dead adolescent when his counterpart Billy/Asher Angel is not that way at all.
The comics, and the movie, tread a very fine, and confused line, at telling who Shazam is - is he Billy with super powers, or a super powered being that comes from Billy's core but is different? 2nd movie Shazam doesn't quite show the 'magic wish fulfillment' of a young man getting super powers like in the first movie; Shazam (Levi) is a child, and yes, an idiot, where the street savvy Asher/Billy is NOT that person. That's my main criticism of the film/lead actor's portrayal.
I had fun watching it, I enjoyed seeing all the characters again, and even though it's a continual romp of action once it  gets going to all take place in 1 day, that's not a bad thing to me.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS