HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 01:01:04 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DC "restructures"  (Read 3606 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 11, 2020, 03:22:34 PM »

Wow, lots of people out of jobs now at DC.

DC Collectibles is no longer a thing (sad for the statue guys) and Jim Lee moved ... up? New Walmart plans means direct market going to not be a priority any longer (about time if you ask me) and I think lots more digital coming ... but that last is just an idea of opinion, not a fact

Man, lots of stuff going on there

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 04:50:53 AM »

Wow.  I was just reading about “Bloodbath Monday”.  Major major changes.  Sad to see Black Label phasing out.  I wonder how long Bendis will still be there.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 11:16:34 PM »

Not only them, but Variety and Warner Bros media saw 600 layoffs?

DC execs are all special kinds of stupid, if everything from 'Man of Steel' era until now shows (by the way, this is the 4th or 5th such exec in this time period)

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 11:42:04 PM »

Ha, of course, as soon as I go get a butt-load of Hawkman comics I see DC has now canceled the title  Grin Cheesy Cheesy

Almost as funny is that soon after I sign up for DC Universe, relativity speaking, they are moving all the shows and movies to HBO Max (Which I also have), but I am hoping the "stay tuned" for news that Jim Lee is talking about concerning that site is that the comics will no longer be a year behind, but only six months, which again, makes my recent Hawkman spree even more timely and funny
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2020, 12:39:06 AM »

Ha, of course, as soon as I go get a butt-load of Hawkman comics I see DC has now canceled the title  Grin Cheesy Cheesy

Glad I only put those in my Wish List to think about!   Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2020, 12:24:13 PM »

I just hope the comics app stays active. I mean, if they essentially are destroying (what it seems like) the collectible line of 24 years!!!! then I'm almost not sure what they plan to do with the comics app. And then they are knocking off up to 25% of the comic line?

Okay, maybe that ain't bad. I don't know.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2020, 02:19:03 PM »

I personally love the idea of less comic titles "on the stand". I wish Marvel would knock off about 50% of their damn list. I think it is smart, especially now that DC is going to do more and more digital first titles. Sell them cheaper(I imagine ... I hope) in chapters and then "collect" them all for the print edition. Of course, just to screw with the collector's mind set, wouldn't that make the print edition the reprint?
 Cheesy
No, I know it wouldn't, but I am damn sure going to mess with them about it.
 Cheesy

All I know is half of the comics Marvel is putting out now has crappy as "Dynamite" style art and if they reduce the titles we will get the art that should be in the comics. There are a lot of artists that have a stylized form that I don't like, but I can't stand that lack of all style art that is filling most titles now. Crisp and clean art is one thing, like that artist on Hawkman I like, but that other crap ... UGH, hate it.

Oh, as for the app ... Jim Lee stated that we shouldn't worry about the comics side of the app. There is a change coming, which again, I hope is a faster turn around for issues to hit the platform at the very least, but something is around the corner apparently
Crossing fingers!!!

EDIT -
NOOOOOOOOO just saw that DC has canceled Suicide Squad. DAMN IT!!!!! One of my favorite damn titles. Crap, crap, major crap.
 Angry Angry Angry

« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 02:21:53 PM by Perry » Logged

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2020, 10:51:21 AM »

And now Batman Beyond is ending with issue #50 in December.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS