HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:21:17 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, May 27, 2020  (Read 6933 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 27, 2020, 02:05:30 PM »

Backlog has been been building up so I’m just going to start a new list to help me catch up.

ComiXolgy
Mauraders #10
DCeased: Unkillables #3
Swamp Thing: New Roots #3
Swamp Thing: New Roots #4
Swamp Thing: New Roots #5
Aquaman: Deep Dives #3
Aquaman: Deep Dives #4
Flash: Fastest Man Alive #3
Flash: Fastest Man Alive #4
Flash: Fastest Man Alive #5
Titans: Burning Rage #4
Titans: Burning Rage #5
Suicide Squad #4
Suicide Squad #5
Joker: Killer Smile #3

Marvel Unlimited
Immortal Hulk #26
Immortal Hulk #27
Old Man Quill #11
Guardians of the Galaxy #11
Doctor Aphra #38
Web of Black Widow #3
Dare Devil #1
Dare Devil #2
Dare Devil #3
Dare Devil #4
Dare Devil #5
Dare Devil #6

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 02:07:24 PM »

Gotta keep it going!

I don't have all the new releases on MU to list, and when does DC ever update? They do all releases, just a year later, right?

Anyways, MU has a lot, and I can't wait to post my thoughts! Amazing Spider-man, Hulk, Cap, Deadpool, Iron Man, Miles Morales sideman Spiderman and more!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 02:08:18 PM »

LOL same time posting!! Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy

Glad to see you hit it Jeff!! Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 02:34:36 PM »

Thanks Jimmy!  I’m starting to feel a lot better. I still have 5 to 6 weeks before the sternum is healed but the bulk of the pain is gone.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 06:26:59 PM »

LOL same time posting!! Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy

Yeah, I was seeing double there for a second!

As this one had the most comments, I guess this one will stay?
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 10:11:01 PM »

I think there’s a way to merge them but I can’t remember how.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2020, 10:53:29 PM »

I think there’s a way to merge them but I can’t remember how.

Merged!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2020, 11:41:15 PM »

... and when does DC ever update? They do all releases, just a year later, right?

Ya have to scroll down a little to new this week or new comics this week ... or whatever it says

EDIT - I just looked on my tablet and it is the third section down (for me). Right under -

"Dive Back in" (again, for me at least as I have been watching stuff on my computer, so that line is there)
"DC Universe Originals"
"New Comic Issues" - Batgirl #35, Batman Beyond #32, Detective #1004, Flash #71, etc ...
some good older ones as well like Spectre, House of Mystery and Phantom Stranger also
 Smiley
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 11:47:17 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2020, 02:52:06 AM »

That’s right where I dropped Flash.  I heard the year one story wasn’t bad.  Might check that out since it’s on DC Universe now.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2020, 03:15:44 AM »

... and when does DC ever update? They do all releases, just a year later, right?

Ya have to scroll down a little to new this week or new comics this week ... or whatever it says

EDIT - I just looked on my tablet and it is the third section down (for me). Right under -

"Dive Back in" (again, for me at least as I have been watching stuff on my computer, so that line is there)
"DC Universe Originals"
"New Comic Issues" - Batgirl #35, Batman Beyond #32, Detective #1004, Flash #71, etc ...
some good older ones as well like Spectre, House of Mystery and Phantom Stranger also
 Smiley

Oh, I know where to look...it just feels like they haven't updated it in at least 10 days. Because I got a free week trial, that went by, I got billed for the year service last week Friday or Saturday, and as of yesterday when I checked it...it was the same books...So, maybe they didn't update it over Memorial day possible.

Glad to see MU did though. Cheesy

EDIT:

OH look, it's changed today. Grin
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 03:38:10 AM by Jimmy T » Logged

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2020, 09:55:08 AM »

Oh, I know where to look...it just feels like they haven't updated it in at least 10 days.

Ahhh, I got ya.  Grin I misread the comment ... as usual.  Cheesy

I usually don't even check any of them until Wednesday, so I never noticed any difference ... of course I also have, what, a full two weeks worth to go by?
 Cheesy Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2020, 11:44:40 AM »

Throwing some MU/DCU stuff in for this weeks reads ... and buying some new as well Angry but not a lot and I'm not 100% sure I will. But at least I am slowing down ... it will just take time.
 Grin
Still scared of what I will do with Empyre, X of Swords and Death Metal though
 Embarrassed Undecided

DC Digital
Batman: Gotham Nights #6 - Only because Bgdonivic is the artist. I love that Capullo clone!

New Stuff
Avengers #33 - Yes, Aaron's run on this title has been ... not good ... but gotta check out the Khonshu Kid!! Moon Knight War? Okay, ya got me!

Suicide Squad #5 - This is going to be hard to wait for because I am enjoying it so much, so far. We will see
Justice League #45 - Much like Moon Knight, hard for me to not read a Spectre issue. I may wait, maybe  Angry OH! Perhaps my latest Back Issue is in and I can go to the LCS, pick it up and maybe peruse the shelves to flip through it?
 Wink Shocked

MU
Daredevil #4
Daredevil #5
Avengers (1998) #1 - Been so long and Perez WW has me wanting this

DCU
JSA #6
Wonder Woman #8
Flash #174
Infinity Inc #1 - May try this one, maybe

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2020, 12:58:53 PM »

ComiXolgy
Mauraders #10
DCeased: Unkillables #3

Swamp Thing: New Roots #3
Swamp Thing: New Roots #4
Aquaman: Deep Dives #3
Aquaman: Deep Dives #4
Flash: Fastest Man Alive #3
Flash: Fastest Man Alive #4
Flash: Fastest Man Alive #5
Titans: Burning Rage #4
Titans: Burning Rage #5
Suicide Squad #4
Suicide Squad #5
Joker: Killer Smile #3

Marvel Unlimited
Immortal Hulk #26
Immortal Hulk #27
Old Man Quill #11
Guardians of the Galaxy #11
Doctor Aphra #38
Web of Black Widow #3
Dare Devil #1
Dare Devil #2
Dare Devil #3
Dare Devil #4
Dare Devil #5
Dare Devil #6

———————————————————————-

Mauraders #10 - Retaliation! So fun to get back to this world.

DCeased: Unkillables #3 - GREAT FINAL ISSUE!  I don’t often miss something staring you in the face the whole series but when I turned that page and got that reveal my jaw dropped.  Plus the Mirror Master stuff in this issue was haunting.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2020, 01:23:04 PM »

DCeased: Unkillables #3 ... Plus the Mirror Master stuff in this issue was haunting.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Agree!!

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2020, 05:26:06 PM »

Batman #89 (3RD printing)
Flash #754
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS