HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:07:37 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DC Previews  (Read 2785 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 25, 2020, 12:21:13 PM »

So DC is now going digital only for its previews and I think that is a bangin' idea. Most people hardly read previews anyway and they have, like Marvel, been out of the actual Previews mag for awhile now, so why pay for the cost of paper when they can throw it up on their site for anyone to see and use it? Plus, for every single title/product that goes digital only is one step closer to digital being used more and thus overtime, hopefully, lower costs for me
 Grin

HERE is their June edition (for August 2020 releases) that you can either view on the site or, like I did, download the small PDF file to view more easily.

One of which is the new DCeased mini, that I thought had already started? I just read what I thought was issue #1 of the 12 issue Digital Only release of this new series so the one in their previews must be the fourth mini ... So we get this fourth DCeased after the digital series I guess. I am happy and scared now. Are they at overkill point? Man, I hope not. One of DC's best and brightest (darkest) mini-series in a long time!

Joker War is going to permeate the Bat titles so not only Detective and Batman but also including Batgirl, Nightwing, Harley and Red Hood. Not sure I am going to wait for that or try the series as it hits but I don't see me getting all of the tie-ins regardless. Damn it. I do want to wait to read it on DCU but a whole year to wait? That is going to be hard

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 01:30:02 PM »

I like it going all digital.

I hate having to zoom every page online to be able to see it.

Downloading on my own would probably have been best, yeah!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 10:29:16 PM »

Downloading on my own would probably have been best, yeah!

Ahh, yeah, didn't think about that aspect

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 03:40:26 PM »

Joker War is going to permeate the Bat titles so not only Detective and Batman but also including Batgirl, Nightwing, Harley and Red Hood. Not sure I am going to wait for that or try the series as it hits but I don't see me getting all of the tie-ins regardless. Damn it. I do want to wait to read it on DCU but a whole year to wait? That is going to be hard

Ugh. I’m getting so sick of seeing Joker.  I wish Batman had a rich Rogues gallery that could be used to tell stories instead of just the one villain.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 05:49:07 PM »

[I wish Batman had a rich Rogues gallery that could be used to tell stories instead of just the one villain.

Cheesy Cheesy
Right?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS