HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:02:59 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jeff's health issue  (Read 5590 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 14, 2020, 06:01:52 PM »

So, as some of you may now know, our boy Jeff has recently had to deal with a revolt. A revolt from his own heart. Wednesday morning (or possibly late Tuesday) Jeff had a heart-attack.

Now before my jovial attitude gets people mad, yes please know that this is a serious matter. This is nothing to laugh at or about (I am merely trying to keep myself, and everyone else, full of as much positive thinking as I can). However, as serious is this is, I also want you guys to know that he is currently doing okay. Well, as okay as one can be whose heart decided to pull a Dan Didio and not work.

Now, Jeff is going through tons of tests today and will have to go under the knife tomorrow for a procedure. As you may be able to tell I am not very good putting personal stuff like this out, thus all the joking around, but this is serious and I thought that all you peeps here, including any of the OG, the old guard, who may decide to pop in at some point, should at the very least be told what happened to our Realm overlord ... I mean leader ... well, I certainly mean friend, so they can send all the good vibes and prayers towards him and his family that they can muster. I am possitive his wife and little one are quite scared and I am sure Jeff himself has at least a little trepidation in his mindset so yeah, send those vibes/prayers/well wishes by the truck load.

As for me, I'll just end with this ...
Best of luck tomorrow, Jeff. Get better so we can discuss those Perez Wonder Woman issues.

*Although I still wonder if seeing Perez' beautiful Wonder Woman is what made his heart go all crazy in the first place.
(He is an old man, ya know!)
 Smiley

« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 09:09:08 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 10:09:29 PM »

Wow! Any updates? How is he? How's his family?
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 12:59:57 AM »

Scary stuff.  Keeping him and his family in our thought and hoping for the best.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 01:22:45 AM »

Even more publicly; Jeff, get better, thinking well of you and praying for you tomorrow. Get well, brother from another (comic) cover.

Jimmy T since 2001
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 03:48:18 AM »

hope you get well soon and use the time recovering to read more comics, watch more comic related movies/shows and spend time with the fam.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 12:23:13 PM »

Well, guys, I am awaiting some kind of information so I can post it here but so far I have nothing.

Jeff was scheduled for surgery yesterday, but I have yet to hear anything. I assume he was pretty out of it all day yesterday, so not worried about the lack of contact too much, though I hate it, but I expect to hear from him as soon as he is allowed his phone.
 Grin

Just in-case however, keep sending those good vibes!  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2020, 09:19:03 PM »

Okay, alright, Jeff is awake (Well, maybe not at this exact moment) and doing well.

I will let him update with whatever he sees fit, when he is fit, but yeah, just wanted everyone here to know that he made it though surgery and awoke from it. That is a grand thing.

Hopefully he won't be gone from the boards too long and, as he has nothing else to do but sit around and heal up, I
for one can't wait to see the huge list of comics he will post about for us to discuss.
 Grin

Oh, and Jeff ... scars baby!! Show me the scars!!!
 Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2020, 05:17:34 PM »

Well out boy Jeff has made it home.
Hooray.

Always a scary thing, dealing with the heart, but all looks well. Here's to hoping the road to recovery goes as smooth as it can, Jeff.

He is the origin story I am working on ...
"After a near fatal heart attack, Hero Realm Jeff emerges from his the medical ward with ..."
... hmmm what could it be?

Adamantium infused bones?
The ability to emit energy waves from his heart valves?
A Covid-19 resistance?

I don't know, what do ya think?
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2020, 08:28:21 PM »

Well out boy Jeff has made it home.
Hooray.

Always a scary thing, dealing with the heart, but all looks well. Here's to hoping the road to recovery goes as smooth as it can, Jeff.

He is the origin story I am working on ...
"After a near fatal heart attack, Hero Realm Jeff emerges from his the medical ward with ..."
... hmmm what could it be?

Adamantium infused bones?
The ability to emit energy waves from his heart valves?
A Covid-19 resistance?

I don't know, what do ya think?
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

A keen sense of smell to sniff out Perry's bullshit?
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2020, 10:59:51 PM »

YAY Jeff! Glad to hear you moved home! Always heal a little better there!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2020, 11:23:13 AM »

A keen sense of smell to sniff out Perry's bullshit?

Cheesy
And what bullshit would that be, sir?

YAY Jeff! Glad to hear you moved home! Always heal a little better there!!

Yeah, it would be, but unfortunately he is still in the hospital. Took a little turn so they are not letting him out yet.
 Undecided

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2020, 03:44:49 AM »

I’m finally home as of today! I’m worn out so I’m going to bed. Hopefully I can post more tomorrow.

Thanks for all of the thoughts and prayers!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2020, 09:52:52 AM »

Yeah, about damn time, slacker.
 Tongue

Grin

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2020, 11:51:12 PM »

welcome Home Jeff.
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2020, 05:18:59 PM »

good to hear you're doing ok.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS