HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:20:48 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dan Didio gone?  (Read 3739 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: February 21, 2020, 10:31:14 PM »

So I just saw on BC that Dan Didio is no longer at DC.

I'm trying to find out if it is true or just another stunt, but ... HERE it is

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 10:31:48 PM »

I wonder if this is related to the Marvel buying DC COmics rumors that I have been seeing
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 10:35:09 PM »

Well just saw where Joe Quesada had a Tweet about it and Hollywood Reporter has it as well.

Looks legit.

I am shocked.
Honestly

Dude got crapped on for years but loved comics like no-ones business (and I know that is a bad set-up for an even worse joke, so don't).

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2020, 09:26:57 PM »

It’s been a long time coming.  I hate for anyone to lose their job but he didn’t know what the fans wanted.  I can respect that he wanted to bring in younger fans but you can’t do that by alienating your loyal readers.

Of course, knowing how companies work, they could have brought in Bendis with the idea of letting Didio go all along.  I could see Bendis becoming the controller of all things creative there.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 02:30:01 PM »

I'm shocked-not shocked. His greatest hey day was in seeing the success of DC Final Crisis despite the changes he wanted to make. Then the New 52 which became something that people honestly did want forgotten-but he stuck to his guns to force people into it. I think with the rumored clashes of him Lee and Johns is what made DC really flounder.

However... If Jeff is right... Then I would feel DC would be truly dead to me.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2020, 02:44:40 PM »

However... If Jeff is right... Then I would feel DC would be truly dead to me.

Well maybe it would be better than having him doing the comics? Maybe? He could be fantastic? Again, a slim chance? I mean, just because you hate the man's comic stuff ....
 Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS