HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:49:13 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SUPERGIRL Ends With May's #42  (Read 4440 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: February 18, 2020, 12:40:25 PM »

DC's current volume of Supergirl will come to a close this May with #42, as revealed in DC's just-released May 2020 solicitations .

The issue, written by Jody Houser with art by Rachel Stott, pits Supergirl against the U.S. military, from whom the Girl of Steel is now a fugitive.

DC has not announced whether a new volume of the series will launch following the finale and declined to comment on the cancellation. Here are the solicitation and covers by Carmine Di Giandomenico and Derrick Chew for Supergirl #42, due out May 27th.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 06:23:03 PM »

Hmmmm.  That’s two cancellations in May.  I wonder what’s up at DC?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 07:44:20 PM »

Hmmmm.  That’s two cancellations in May.  I wonder what’s up at DC?

I wondered, too. She's always had a series (except when she died in the original Crisis).
Are they planning to kill her again Generation One?
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 09:35:27 PM »

Speaking of  Supergirl, Jimmy, Jeff, anyone ... How's about Peter David's Supergirl? Never read it. Worth a go or no?
If you remember
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 09:39:50 PM »

I didn't know Peter David was doing Supergirl!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 09:48:47 PM »

He did one ....18 years ago or so...Wink

I liked it. He had to take the weird Supergirl as a fallen angel merged with proto-matter into a viable character...then write her out and away to make room for Michael Turner and Jeph Loeb to, once again, re-introduce Kara Zor-El to the DC universe.

She's been frequently non-published though, as far as I recall though.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 12:34:32 AM »

I didn't know Peter David was doing Supergirl!

Cheesy
I know you've been busy lately, but ...  Grin Grin Grin

I liked it.

Okay. Yeah I know he took over after Byrne said no, so was curious if it had anything good to it. I am a fan of his CapMarvel, Hulk and X-Factor stuff (at least most of the X-Factor stuff) and I did read the actual Fallen Angel stuff he did, but was never "hip" to the connection that everyone said it had to Supergirl.

Never being a fan of "Super" anything, really, I didn't get into her much at all. Figure once I get my act together digitally with DC and Marvel I would reach outside my normal so why not inquire about her
 Grin
I know some of the art he had on the book looked pretty cool also.

Yeah, I may give it a look at some point ... Once PAD starts writing Supergirl that is
 Grin Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 03:18:08 AM »

Hey it's a natural mistake.   Grin  I mean, PAD is still around and I'm not paying any attention to Super-girl right now.

Maybe DC should bring back some of these glory day writers and let them have a stab at these characters that are waning.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS