HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:25:12 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, December 25, 2019 Christmas Day Comic Book Day!  (Read 5496 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2019, 01:44:40 PM »

I could not stand the written accents on Hughie's vacation. I just can't stand reading that much written slop of the human tongue. Really took me out of that volume, and I really only looked at a lot of the pictures without much reading.

I agree, Jimmy.  It was hard to read.  I managed to push through it and still enjoy the book, but yeah, it definitely hurt the read.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2019, 10:52:31 PM »

I'm going to get a couple more single issues in tonight, especially since the Fireworks have already started nearby and it isn't yet 6:00 PM (oh such joy for us early to bed, early to rise type peeps), but I think I am gonna try busting out some East of West starting tomorrow. I have been enjoying the last few complete runs I have read (Watchmen and Freedom Fighters) and starting to get the collected bug again. Just so much more enjoyable (and memorable for me) to read in clumps. Especially series that are now over and done.
Having said that, I may not read all of East of West without a break like I was able to do with the two titles above. Reading 12 issues in a row of the same thing is a little different than reading 45
 Cheesy
But we will see. I know I got up to issue 17 or so the last time around with this title and I really enjoyed reading those so ... yeah ... who knows
Hell, maybe I will start two completed titles at the same time, although I am getting behind on both Criminal and my Hulk run, have lots of issues of those to catch up on, so maybe I will just do one of those with EoW instead.
Although I did just realize I never read that prequel to Gaiman's Sandman, the book called Sandman Overture as of yet ... and that is only 6 issues worth of collected goodness so....
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2020, 10:03:19 PM »

Got in just a coupl;e more last night to finish the week -

X-Men #4 - Darn it. This one didn't hit for me at all. Maybe I'm too close to the antagonists?  Grin Grin

Suicide Squad #1 - Was told I had to try this. Kinda what I expected, but I liked it. Shocked by that.  Shocked

Gideon Falls #19 - Good, but I think I enjoyed this more in bunches. May wait awhile before returning.
Family Tree #2 - Totally thought I would not like this title but the first two have been spectacular!!
Skulldigger and Skeleton Boy #1 - Speaking of "totally", I totally forgot all about this Black Hammer Universe mini until last night!! Great beginning, sorta like a ... and no spoiler tag as it was in the previews, but look away if you want to go in completely clean ... "What If Punisher found Bruce right after his parents were shot". Plus the art style fits and that makes me happy. Looks like the Hammer Universe is back baby ... and away from DC!!!!

New Mutants #2
New Mutants #3
New Mutants #4

Invaders #12
Ghost Rider #3

Lois Lane #5
Lois Lane #6

Tales from the Dark Mulitverse: Blackest Night
Batman: Last Knight on Earth #2
Batman: Last Knight on Earth #3

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS