HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:57:37 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Star Wars - The Rise of Skywalker  (Read 60872 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: December 20, 2019, 01:25:58 AM »

It starts tonight - anyone going?  I'm going on Monday so I'll have to avoid spoilers all weekend.

But initial reviews are not promising.  Rotten Tomatoes has it at 57%.   Angry

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 01:10:51 PM »

I will see it in this weekend I believe.

I only barely glimpse headlines, so I know of no spoilers, but man it's getting destroyed.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 04:28:03 PM »

Yes, Rotten Tomatoes has not been kind
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2019, 10:00:45 PM »

Audience reaction is at 86% favorable.  Never trust the critics.   Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 02:41:48 PM »

Audience reaction is at 86% favorable.  Never trust the critics.   Cheesy

Oh never trust them is correct,  Cheesy but general I find, mostly, when the critic vibe is bad, their are reasons.
And it isn't like you can trust the fans either.  Wink The first week of HBO's Watchmen the ratings were horrible as all the white supremacists flooded the IMDB page with negative reviews. And I know that sounds like a conspiracy theory  Cheesy, but it happened. There was a call to arms and those asshats answered in droves. 90 some percent of the reviews were negative on that thing the first day and you can tell they didn't see crap.

Hell, they also (along with a group of angry DC fans ... all due to JL being bad) tried to do the with Black Panther ... although that ended up getting a lot more praise than it deserved because of it's historical relevance. Look, it was a good movie, but it wasn't all that. and the SFX, in that train tunnel, were horrendous !!!

Man, I just went all over the place there
 Grin Grin Grin

Scary thing is though that Metacritic still has it pretty low with fans being virtually split down the middle as shown HERE

Bottom line is I hope it is good. My sister enjoyed it so there's that
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2019, 04:06:23 AM »

My best friend went to see it and said, like all of them, it’s not without it’s problems but it’s a good movie and a satisfying wrap up for this trilogy.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2019, 05:41:44 PM »

Going at 1pm today. I have a friend who believes I will actually like it!

Jimmy T since 2001
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2019, 08:20:03 PM »

I really enjoyed it.  Is it without faults?  no, but no SW movie is (except ESB).

I want to see some discussion when more of you have seen it.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2019, 09:59:17 PM »

I too enjoyed it!

When I get to a computer, I'll type up more!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2019, 05:19:16 PM »

In the theater now.  Be back in three hours!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2019, 08:46:57 PM »

Ditto what others said.  It’s got problems but a lot caused by the last movie so they had to haphazardly fix it. Regardless I enjoyed it overall and thought they wrapped up things well.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2019, 07:54:35 PM »

I really enjoyed it! Saw it once by myself (stood up by my date) and then again with my kids (who are addicted to the Mandolorian).
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2019, 08:23:52 PM »

I really enjoyed it! Saw it once by myself (stood up by my date) and then again with my kids (who are addicted to the Mandolorian).

I need to go see it again too.  There were a lot of threads to keep up with.  In fact, I should rewatch the first two and then go see it for the full picture.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2019, 11:24:47 PM »

I need to go see it again too.  There were a lot of threads to keep up with.  In fact, I should rewatch the first two and then go see it for the full picture.

Watch the Last Jedi again? Ewwww.....

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2020, 01:48:36 PM »

I never came back to this! Also, I'm not sure how to get going on this, so I'll start small-and snarky!

I'm glad to have seen it, enjoyed myself watching it, but man, I'm so totally glad it's done and over, with a nail shut in the coffin of abusing 'my' Star Wars movies. Cool

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS