HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:02:58 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kings of the Wyld  (Read 16809 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2019, 08:53:17 PM »

In other news.....I'm in the middle of chapter 30!

WOO-HOO. My man is on a roll!!!!

I hope i didn't sound insulting or anything.
//
So, no insult or slight intended here! Cool Smiley

Nope, I took it as you intended.  Grin I took it as nothing more than opinion and discussion. No insult implied on my end either, although now I am worried I cam off that way
 Grin
Here we go down the rabbit hole, the rabbit hole, the rabbit hole, here we go down the rabbit ho...."
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2019, 01:42:34 AM »

Go Jeff, go!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2019, 03:07:34 PM »

So any more progress Jeff?

You finished? You decide it wasn't for you?

What is up brotha man?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2019, 03:21:43 PM »

Chapter 49.

I had to replay chapters multiple times.  Kept getting lost after the cannibals due to distractions. 

For example: Yesterday alone, kids bus broke down and made us late picking up my sister in law, then a truck hit us on the way to pick up my wife who sprained her ankle making us miss our dinner reservations and almost late for the Christmas concert we were going to.

I think I had to restart the chapter on the ice bridge 5 times.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2019, 07:48:34 PM »

JEEZ!!! Well I'm glad everyone is okay, for the most part (ankle aside). Or at least I assume they are as you are here posting and not at or laid up in the hospital.
 Grin
Hope the guy was insured !!!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2019, 08:27:30 PM »

Hope the guy was insured !!!

Hit and run.  But luckily, traffic was moving slow when he hit me so it was more of a bump.  It sounded like a crunch but when I got out to look it was barely a scratch.  So that is very good news, especially since he sped off when I pulled over.  Bastich.

In other good news - I'm midway through Chapter 52!  Almost done!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2019, 08:48:00 PM »

That sumnabeetch!

Doesn't sound like you're furious, so glad for you Jeff. That said, next is the epilogue!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2019, 02:32:37 PM »

That sumnabeetch!

NO SHIT!!!

My wife saw one about 2 weeks ago ... well she saw the aftermath of an accident as she went by. Later, up the street a good bit, she noticed a van going real slow and then witnessed the guy pullover, jump out and check the side of his van so she put two and two together, jotted down the plate and went back and gave it to one of the two people at the accident. Got a call a few days ago from one of the lawyers. I hope they bust the hell out of that $&@#er
I sure as hell hope the same thing happens for you Jeff ... if the cops were involved, although it doesn't sound like you even bothered and I understand that if it wasn't too bad.

Still, that kinda stuff ...  Angry Angry Angry Angry

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2019, 03:16:11 PM »

Finished!

Good book.  I really enjoyed the whole thing.  Characters were great and the reader did a great job. 👍🏻

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2019, 10:58:15 AM »

YAY.

Well glad you guys seemed to have liked it. I thought it was really a fun book, even though the word "fun", in review terms, is hard to explain.

I certainly needed that style of writing after listening to Eye of the World (Wheel of Time book #1) for the second time.  Cheesy Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed that book, and am digging the second one even more I think, but that buttoned up, stiff collar, epic fantasy style can get my brain too packed and tight that I need a little pressure relief valve of reading a more relaxed style afterwards
 Cheesy

So hey, can I ask a couple questions regarding KotW?

Well, yes, I know I can, as you will see  Cheesy but will you answer them I mean  Cheesy
It is in the 10 year old's school book report style, but trying, like the book itself, to go a little more relaxed.
 Cheesy Cheesy

1 - What are your top three favorite characters from the book?
2 - Who was the character you cared least for/about?
3 - What was your favorite moment?
4 - What was your least favorite moment?
5 - Out of 100, what would you grade the book? (including the narrator as part of it, I mean it is an audio book  Smiley)

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2019, 10:09:39 PM »

I really liked the way it sounded more like a heavy metal band getting back together than a war party.   Grin

Here's my answers:

Clay Cooper, Matrick, & Jane

Ganelon

When Clay's daughter asked him if he'd come for her - solidifying that he'd have to go now.  Cheesy

Can't really think of one.

5 - Out of 100, what would you grade the book? (including the narrator as part of it, I mean it is an audio book  Smiley)
I guess I'd give it a 100.  It's a fun book and the narrator only makes it better.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2019, 04:17:37 PM »

Dang, forgot to get back to your post, Jeff
 Angry

I will, soon (along with Jimmy's Spider-related rant I saw earlier that I have yet to read  Smiley)

Anyway, Came here to post this review. One I've been curious about ... thinking how this particular guy would react to it. He finally read it and here is what he thought -

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2019, 06:45:09 PM »

Aww crap I never got back to this thread either. Or the fantasy one that Perry asked something else in. Oops!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2019, 08:24:49 PM »

Lol.  I guess I took too long to read it - you guys brains had moved on already.   Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2019, 04:55:36 AM »

Clay Cooper, Gabriel, Moog

Larkspur

The last chapter involving the ettin after Clay finds them. Just wow...Also, the (unknown) history of the Lastleaf, his family, and that relation to the world's religion.

Clay's quick out from the life changing fall.

Maybe I'm picky, I'd put it at...78. Still means I liked it! But making up a number on the spot, I could probably pick 22 other fantasy books I'd read before this one. but I still liked it!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS