HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:19:54 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, December 4, 2019  (Read 4423 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: December 04, 2019, 12:16:06 AM »

Let's try this again.  Pretty much the same list as last week with a few additions in GREEN.

ComiXolgy
X-Men 3
Freedom Fighters 11
Martian Manhunter 10
The Question: The Deaths of Vic Sage 1
Beserker Unbound 4
The Boys Vol. 5: Herogasm (Collects THE BOYS: HEROGASM mini series issues 1-6)
Putona TBP (Collects Plutona 1-5)
Bloodshot 2
Killers 4
Roku 1
Batman 84
Deathstroke 50
Inferior Five 4
Lois Lane 6

Marvel Unlimited
Age of X-Man: The Amazing Nightcrawler 4
Doctor Strange 14
Marvel Comics Presents 5
Mr. and Mrs. X 11
Star Wars: Age Of Rebellion - Jabba the Hutt 1
Star Wars: Tie Fighter 1
Star Wars: Tie Fighter 2
Venom 14
War of the Realms: Uncanny X-Men 2
X-Force 8

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 01:01:31 PM »

I got some Thor and Hulk books I'm looking to read soon!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 03:33:25 PM »

I got some Thor and Hulk books I'm looking to read soon!

Sweet. Current stuff? Both are good if so

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 05:47:55 PM »

So while I was at my LCS earlier today, the small one, I was flipping through the latest and final issue of Deathstroke and holy crap ... that looked interesting!!!

May have to see if there is a sale going on so I can get the issues in the 30s and 40s I need and catch up! That was crazy looking! And I mean that in the best way.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 07:40:41 PM »

Haven't got to the Deathstroke issue 50 yet but sounds like from your reaction it's going to be pushed up to the top of the reading list!

ComiXolgy
X-Men 3
Freedom Fighters 11

Martian Manhunter 10
Beserker Unbound 4
Bloodshot 2
Killers 4
Roku 1
Batman 84
Deathstroke 50
Inferior Five 4
Lois Lane 6

Marvel Unlimited
Doctor Strange 14
Marvel Comics Presents 5
Mr. and Mrs. X 11
Venom 14
X-Force 8

--------------------------------------------------------------

X-Men 3 - Ooooo!  A new villain team - and a typical WTF type team we expect from Hickman!  But soooo many questions on this one!!

Freedom Fighters 11 - Great battles all around.  Looks like the battle is coming to an ending soon.  I'm going to go ahead and say this one should be read in Collected edition.  The action and story moves pretty quickly from issue to issue and while that's excellent, it does make it hard to keep up from month to month.  Collected is the way to go if your not already as invested as I am.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 07:52:24 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2019, 10:07:16 PM »

Freedom Fighters 11 - Collected is the way to go if your not already as invested as I am.

Have all 11 issues ready to go. Going to try (yes, try) to get re-started, with issue #1, about a week or two prior to issue #12s release  Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2019, 10:46:11 PM »

Freedom Fighters 11 - Collected is the way to go if your not already as invested as I am.

Have all 11 issues ready to go. Going to try (yes, try) to get re-started, with issue #1, about a week or two prior to issue #12s release  Smiley

Oh good!  I think you'll enjoy it this way and find it's a fast read.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2019, 12:00:22 AM »

ComiXolgy
X-Men 3
Freedom Fighters 11

Martian Manhunter 10
Berserker Unbound 4

Bloodshot 2
Killers 4
Roku 1
Batman 84
Deathstroke 50
Inferior Five 4
Lois Lane 6

Marvel Unlimited
Doctor Strange 14
Marvel Comics Presents 5
Mr. and Mrs. X 11
Venom 14
X-Force 8

Martian Manhunter 10 - The journey through J'onn's mind completes.  I really like this comic and Riley's art has been really good here.  Makes me miss Proof!

The Question: The Deaths of Vic Sage 1 - Ok.  This was really interesting.  Feels a little bit like I've seen this story before (Batman, Nightwing, Court of Owls...) but still interesting with The Question as the focal point.  I'm in.

Berserker Unbound 4 - Good ending to this story.  And I hope we get another arc.  A lot of poteneial here with this ending and I'd like to see where Lemire takes these two characters.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2019, 11:29:24 PM »

ComiXolgy
X-Men 3
Freedom Fighters 11

Martian Manhunter 10
Berserker Unbound 4

Bloodshot 2
Killers 4
Roku 1

Batman 84
Deathstroke 50
Inferior Five 4
Lois Lane 6

Marvel Unlimited
Doctor Strange 14
Marvel Comics Presents 5
Mr. and Mrs. X 11
Venom 14
X-Force 8

Bloodshot 2 - These are some tough MFers Bloodshot is up against.  So far lots of blood and battle.

Killers 4 - This is a pretty decent book.  It's James Bond, ninja assassin style.  Throw in a Burning Monk and you get lots of fun.

Roku 1 - Good first issue.  Lots of action and a nice twist that pulls you into the story.  I expect no less from Cullen Bunn.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2019, 10:36:42 AM »

More catching up, but did work my way through to finish that suddenly disappointing Bat Universe.

Five Years #5
Five Years #6
- I love Terry Moore's stuff, I do, but this conglomerate of his characters working together doesn't seem too work to well. At least yet. I can't put my finger on what it is I am not bonding to, so it isn't glaring, but I feel it within my bones. Still staying around, but hoping it begins to gel a little more.  

Batman Universe #6 - It finished better than I thought it would, once the Bat-Jokes from last few issues stopped
Freedom Fighters #1
Freedom Fighters #2
Freedom Fighters #3
- One thing I found, while I am enjoying this version of FF  Wink so far, reading the word "Ratzi" over and over again is getting on my nerves. At first it seemed like something one person was gonna say, but it seems that here, on this world, the word Nazi doesn't exist but instead they are indeed "Ratzis". Not sure if the writer wanted that to be the case or if DC declared that Nazi shall not be used, but it is starting to give me a twitch
 Cheesy

EDIT - Forgot one ...

Immortal Hulk #23 - Its a shame this is being rebooted soon, but going to enjoy this title while it lasts

Speaking of reboot, Jeff, you know that the next issue of Dr Aphra is the last for this creative team, yeah? It will be getting rebooted with a new team.
 Cry
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 10:41:06 AM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2019, 07:10:25 PM »

Speaking of reboot, Jeff, you know that the next issue of Dr Aphra is the last for this creative team, yeah? It will be getting rebooted with a new team.
 Cry

I did not know that.  I hope the new team can maintain the same level of quality.  It’s one of favorite titles each month.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2019, 09:24:56 PM »

Cursed reboots!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2019, 01:23:51 PM »

Few more ...

Batman #83
Batman #84
- One more Tom King issue to go. Glad yet sad to hear it. His Bat, when it hits is pretty damn good.
Freedom Fighters #4 - And he's baaaaack  Grin

Fantastic Four: Negative Zone #1 - Kind of cheating this as being read as I have not yet the read the bonus story at the end (not an FF story), but I really just wanted to read this main story and, yeah, another FF story (I think this makes 3 in the last couple months counting the Invisible Woman mini) that is better than what we are getting in the FF book
 Undecided
And now there is an Annihilation FF story out as well. Gee, what are the chances that I enjoy that better as well? 50% maybe? I think higher.
 Cry

Five Years #5
Five Years #6

Batman Universe #6
Freedom Fighters #1
Freedom Fighters #2
Freedom Fighters #3

Immortal Hulk #23

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2019, 04:37:23 PM »

Only got in one more before today -

Annihilation Scourge: Alpha #1 - I wanted to try this self contained event (support those to keep them out of all the comics I say) and it is FF related, having both Annihilus and Blastaar, and the ending, which I didn't see coming, made this a pretty cool read. May just try them all now!

Five Years #5
Five Years #6

Batman Universe #6
Freedom Fighters #1
Freedom Fighters #2
Freedom Fighters #3

Batman #83
Batman #84

Immortal Hulk #23
Fantastic Four: Negative Zone #1

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2019, 08:30:31 PM »

I didn't make any more progress.  Gonna roll some of these over to next week and put others (like the TPB's) on the backburner for a bit.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS