HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 01:07:41 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, December 10, 2019  (Read 5256 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2019, 03:49:14 AM »

I got a couple more done than I expected.  The rest will have to wait until tomorrow's list.

ComiXolgy
Fallen Angels 3
New Mutants 3
X-Force 3

Lois Lane 6
Batman 84
Detective 1017
Deathstroke 50
Doom Patrol: Weight of the Worlds 6
Inferior Five 4
Doctor Mirage 4
Killers 5
Psi-Lords 6
Die 9
Family Tree 1
Gideon Falls 18
Sea of Stars 5

Marvel Unlimited
Age of X-Man: The Amazing Nightcrawler 4
Age of X-Man: Prisoner X 4
Age of X-Man: X-Tremists 4

War of the Realms 5
War of the Realms: Uncanny X-Men 2
Dead Man Logan 8
Mr & Mrs X 11
Uncanny X-Men 19

X-Force (2018) 8
X-Men: Grand Design - X-Tinction 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

X-Force (2018) 8 - I couldn't care less about young Cable in this story.  And the art is still bad.  Ready for this to end just so I'll know what happened.

X-Men: Grand Design - X-Tinction 1 - Great summary down the start of one of my favorite renditions of the X-Men - the Australian Outback team.  Loved this and it filled in some gaps in my memory.  And now I know who the Healer is!  What a random character to put in the Hickman X-Verse!

Lois Lane 6 - A heartfelt issue.  But I have to agree with Lucy.  And it pissed me off that Rucka made Lois do that.

Batman 84 - I keep wondering when this thing is going to end, but now I wonder why I care?  This is soooooo good.  I love how this story is told going backwards and we get some real insight into the motive of Mr. Wayne.  Wasn't expecting...
that Martha went crazy and basically became the Joker.  If this was already revealed somewhere, I have forgotten.  So this was a cool reveal for me.
.  So much tragedy.

Detective 1017 - Good little one-shot story.  I rather enjoyed this one as a nice Batman break from all that's been going on over in Batman.  Pick it up if you'd like a good one and done issue.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2019, 01:59:51 PM »

Wasn't expecting...

Yes, that was his origin in ...
Flashpoint
... I think it was. But I could be wrong. It was somewhere, but that is cool that you were able to get the "I just fount out ..." thing. I love when that happens. Like, with me, when you said something, somewhere, that gave me the knowledge that
Validus was the kid of Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl (at one point in their reboot history)
I never knew that, no idea how I missed it, but thought it was so cool when I found that out.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS