HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:21:47 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, October 30, 2019  (Read 5916 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2019, 04:11:44 AM »

The Boys vol 11 & 12

DAMN.

Now that was something!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2019, 01:35:13 PM »

I wonder how many comic fans (Ones that have read the Boys complete, ones that stopped early and ones that never started) actually are getting into the Boys because of the show. I also wonder the amount of NEW readers to the title and to comics in general it has claimed, although we know those totals are so small it isn't really worth mentioning, normally.

Glad you are digging it, Jimmy!! I may, one day, try to dive back in but with my back-log ... I doubt it  Undecided

And Jeff, once again, if I may impose, let me know how that new X-Force title hits for ya. I'm kinda worried because of the writer (Percy), but maybe his DC stuff was just not for me. Hopefully.
I am getting New Mutants regardless, and I still have yet to decide about Excalibur but kinda wanting to get that X-Force, so counting on you.
 Cheesy

Did get one in for this week -

Excalibur #1 - Hmmm, I like it, I guess, but I am so void of knowledge for the mid to late original Excalibur and truly don't remember much on Captain Britain and his "realm" either so I think that hindered my enjoyment level of this book. I left a little more confused than anything, and not in that "wait and see where this goes" confused but more of a "I am lost" confused. I know all the players, but still didn't ... well ... anyway
 Undecided
Going to rely on your opinion of issue #2 to make my decision on this title I think, so yeah, no pressure
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2019, 06:19:02 PM »

Well volume 12 finished the series. I'm glad I read it through.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2019, 12:44:38 AM »

Well volume 12 finished the series. I'm glad I read it through.

Cheesy
Okay, in that case -
"Glad you DUG it, Jimmy"
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS