HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 09:02:15 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, October 9, 2019  (Read 4208 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: October 09, 2019, 12:38:18 PM »

ComiXolgy
Doom Patrol Vol 1: Brick by Brick (Collects issues #1-6)
Powers of X 6
Event Leviathan 5
DCeased 5
Black Hammer/Justice League: Hammer of Justice! #3
Beserker Unbound 1  (Got 1&2 for 99 cents each.  Figured what the heck.)
Beserker Unbound 2
Birthright 39
Die 7
Fallen World 5
Hit Girl Season Two 5
Isola 9
Kick-Ass 15
Redneck 23
Sea of Stars 3
The Wicked + Divine 45 - Series Final Issue!

Marvel Unlimited
Doctor Aphra 30
X-Force 5
Age of X-Man: Prisoner X 2
Immortal Hulk 16
Major X 1
Uncanny X-Men 15
War of the Realms 1

========================================

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 04:19:39 PM »

ComiXolgy
Powers of X 6
Event Leviathan 5
DCeased 5
Beserker Unbound 1  (Got 1&2 for 99 cents each.  Figured what the heck.)
Beserker Unbound 2
Birthright 39
Die 7
Fallen World 5
Hit Girl Season Two 5
Isola 9
Kick-Ass 15
Redneck 23
Sea of Stars 3

Marvel Unlimited
Doctor Aphra 30
X-Force 5
Immortal Hulk 16
Major X 1
Uncanny X-Men 15
War of the Realms 1

Powers of X 6 - Allrighty.  The new world is now set.  Really liked this epilogue issue and looking forward to the new series.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 12:14:01 AM »

Angry Angry Angry

I posted everything I have read in the last two weeks here this morning and I guess I forgot to hit Post
 Sad

Screw it!

It wasn't much anyway, but damn it!!!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 03:43:39 PM »

ComiXolgy
Powers of X 6
Event Leviathan 5
DCeased 5
Beserker Unbound 1  (Got 1&2 for 99 cents each.  Figured what the heck.)
Beserker Unbound 2
Birthright 39
Die 7
Fallen World 5
Hit Girl Season Two 5
Isola 9
Kick-Ass 15
Redneck 23
Sea of Stars 3

Marvel Unlimited
Doctor Aphra 30
X-Force 5
Immortal Hulk 16
Major X 1
Uncanny X-Men 15
War of the Realms 1

Doom Patrol Vol 1: Brick by Brick (Collects issues #1-6) - Now THAT was a lot of fun!  Gerard Way (of Umbrella Academy fame) channels Grant Morrison in what is clearly an homage to Morrison’s famous Doom Patrol days.  I’m definitely getting caught up with this fun book.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 01:16:04 AM »

ComiXolgy
Powers of X 6
Event Leviathan 5
DCeased 5

Beserker Unbound 2

Birthright 39
Die 7
Fallen World 5
Hit Girl Season Two 5
Isola 9
Kick-Ass 15
Redneck 23
Sea of Stars 3

Marvel Unlimited
Doctor Aphra 30
X-Force 5
Immortal Hulk 16
Major X 1
Uncanny X-Men 15
War of the Realms 1

Event Leviathan 5 - Ok so next issue is the big reveal.  Based on where it seems to be leading I think Rodney's spoiler may be right.

DCeased 5 - For some reason I thought this was the last issue.  It's not, but it was a good one.

Black Hammer/Justice League: Hammer of Justice! #3 - Well, this got interesting towards the end.  Maybe the story will end with a bang after all.

Beserker Unbound 1 & 2 - I liked it.  Issue 2 was better than issue 1.  Now, I never read Savage Avengers so I'm coming at this with no expectation.  Maybe that's why I like it better than Perry did.  We'll see as we move along.

Birthright 39 - Battle with Mastema.  Will she join them or destroy them?  Getting closer to the end.

Die 7 - I had to go back and review issues 5 & 6.  So much had been forgotten.  Now that my brain is back in line with the story I realize that this is pretty good.  Funny that I was thinking of dropping it.  It needs a summary page at the beginning to help us old folks remember where we left off.  Maybe this is better read in trade.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 02:31:27 PM »

Oh Birthright is still going? Do you mean an ending like it's going to finish completely? Or just the story arc?

EDIT: also I missed 2 trades being published with a3rd in December? Sheesh!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 03:22:17 PM by Jimmy T » Logged

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2019, 07:55:30 PM »

Oh Birthright is still going? Do you mean an ending like it's going to finish completely? Or just the story arc?

EDIT: also I missed 2 trades being published with a3rd in December? Sheesh!

Definitely the arc but feels like close to the end end too.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2019, 03:15:55 PM »

ComiXolgy
Powers of X 6
Event Leviathan 5
DCeased 5

Beserker Unbound 2

Birthright 39
Die 7
Fallen World 5
Hit Girl Season Two 5
Isola 9
Kick-Ass 15
Redneck 23
Sea of Stars 3

Marvel Unlimited
Doctor Aphra 30
X-Force 5

Immortal Hulk 16
Major X 1
Uncanny X-Men 15
War of the Realms 1

Doctor Aphra 30 - Still a great book.  Love this buddy arc with Aphra and the killer C3PO.

X-Force - maybe the art is wearing me down.  This issue was ok.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2019, 08:20:49 PM »

ComiXolgy
Powers of X 6
Event Leviathan 5
DCeased 5

Beserker Unbound 2

Birthright 39
Die 7
Fallen World 5
Hit Girl Season Two 5
Isola 9
Kick-Ass 15
Redneck 23
Sea of Stars 3

Marvel Unlimited
Doctor Aphra 30
X-Force 5

Immortal Hulk 16
Major X 1

Uncanny X-Men 15
War of the Realms 1

Age of X-Man: Prisoner X 2 - This is a good series.  It's likely going to be the lynchpin for undoing this whole alternate world.

Immortal Hulk 16 - This series is so crazy.  Good issue starting to peel away at the mystery of the resurrecting hulks.

Major X 1 - Interesting first issue.  I'm onboard.  I kept looking for how feet are drawn because I know it drives Perry crazy.   Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2019, 11:47:10 PM »

ComiXolgy
Powers of X 6
Event Leviathan 5
DCeased 5

Beserker Unbound 2

Birthright 39
Die 7
Fallen World 5
Hit Girl Season Two 5
Isola 9
Kick-Ass 15
Redneck 23
Sea of Stars 3

Marvel Unlimited
Doctor Aphra 30
X-Force 5

Immortal Hulk 16
Major X 1

Uncanny X-Men 15
War of the Realms 1

Uncanny X-Men 15 - Another good issue.  Although I don't think Hope would be doing what they have her doing.  I watched her grow up in the pages of Cable it was one of my favorite stories making her a favorite character.  This is out of character for her IMO.

War of the Realms 1 - This kicked off with a bang!  I may not read all of the tie-ins for this event but I think I am going to like it.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2019, 02:30:57 AM »

ComiXolgy
Powers of X 6
Event Leviathan 5
DCeased 5

Beserker Unbound 2

Birthright 39
Die 7
Fallen World 5
Hit Girl Season Two 5
Isola 9

Kick-Ass 15
Redneck 23
Sea of Stars 3

Marvel Unlimited
Doctor Aphra 30
X-Force 5

Immortal Hulk 16
Major X 1

Uncanny X-Men 15
War of the Realms 1

Fallen World 5 - That's that.  Ending really only sets you up for the new Rai series coming soon.  But despite this being a Dan Abnett story, it was pretty good.  Maybe he just needs to stay away from the Titans.

Hit Girl Season Two 5 - Start of new Arc in Hong Kong and I already like this villain.  Mindy's got a worthy adversary for a change.

Isola 9 - Arrrrrgh!!  How am I supposed to wait for the next issue!!  Cliff hanger!!!!!  Arrrrgh!!!

Kick-Ass 15 - This reads so fast.  I may need to go ahead and buy up the next two issue and get caught up.  This Kick-Ass is definitely kick ass!

Redneck 23 - OH YEAH!!  I love this book.  It really does not come out enough.  Excrement is about to hit the fan!  Awesome awesome ending to this issue. And of course judgement will likely be coming from someone named Perry.

Sea of Stars 3 - This is a really weird comic.  And even weirder that it's a Jason Aaron comic.  I like it but, yeah, it's weird.

The Wicked + Divine 45 - And that's the end.  Last issue was really the end of the adventure and this issue jumps 40 years and epilogues everything.  Nice ending to a story that ran a bit too long.  Still, I'm glad I read it.  I get the feeling this was the one Keiron Gillen poured his heart and soul into.  I think he did well.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2019, 11:09:12 PM »

While I have another 3 minutes free ...

I am hearing the new DC Black Label - The Question by Jeff Lemire, Denys Cowan and Bill Sienkiewicz (covers only?) is incredible!!!!

So glad to hear that!!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2019, 01:41:50 AM »

While I have another 3 minutes free ...

I am hearing the new DC Black Label - The Question by Jeff Lemire, Denys Cowan and Bill Sienkiewicz (covers only?) is incredible!!!!

So glad to hear that!!!

Dangit - I got an email from Jeff Lemire yesterday and thought I had posted it.  I must have forgot to hit "Post".   Angry

I'll post it in the Black Label forum - but it's about this very topic!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS