HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:32:58 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Extermination catch up  (Read 3144 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: October 08, 2019, 01:50:31 PM »

So, I was so far behind, I forgot what the point of Extermination was, especially with the ‘new’ X event being Hickman. Whatever, I started reading it during late night bad footbally by the Chiefs. Oh, the time displaced 5! I forgot that...yeah, what did happen to that? Oh, this mini explains it? Good.

So, it’s probably 1 part Bendis hate, 2 parts irritation of Marvel editorial with no direction, but the 5 from the past, brought forward, is one of the stupidest things ever done, and done by Hank? You look at Hank’s history...that dude is a mad scientist. He’s simply terrible in his ‘scientific decisions’ because they need someone to be That Guy.

Anyways, the 5 are here, and can’t go back because...reasons. Reasons being ‘Bendis likes writing them.’ Seriously, that’s it. I remember reading they TRIED to get sent back, and it wouldn’t work? Was that ever explained? Or again, was it just ‘because.’ Because in this series, no problem, they can do it.

And I’m truly happy for it, and it’s even done in a manner that is almost considered pretty good writing, even if it’s just a mini! Now mind you, I hate Ahab. I hate these singular characters that no one can hurt whatsoever. I have no idea of his powers, what he does, I just know of him. But nobody can f***ing touch him or hurt him? In the slightest? I’m sorry, this m’f’er you just kill. You don’t even need to worry about your soul or decision, you wipe him out of existence. Ugh. Annoying plot villain.

But, the bigger thing...Cable is dead? I mean..I mean...NO NOT AGAIN. OR RE-AGAIN! WHATEVER! I understand it’s kind of a neat way to recharge the character...I guess...but Kid Cable is much more hardcore than the young man soldier we’ve always seen of Cable in his flashbacks. I mean, yeah, he was a soldier through and through in the flashbacks, but not this hardline, 100% assured lone warrior yojimbo type character-that’s the man he grows into while fighting Apocalypse’s armies. It doesn’t quite fit that he’s Old Cable stylings in a Kid Cable’s body..

What does fit to me, storywise, is seeing Scott (and Jean) be able to be parents to him-Scott moreso to be father in the next phase of Nathan’s life from when (almost when) they left him. THAT I like for story angles. But still….I want my old Nathan back. The history he has with all these people...you just can’t wipe that away!

Although, I could see some big story arc where injured Kid Cable retreats to the future, and ‘our’ Cable returns...which is the newer old version of Kid Cable, who lived the same life that Old Cable did, and is both characters at the same time.

But Cyclops is back! And in a manner that is totally COMIC BOOKY AND I LOVED IT!!! Phoenix force regeneration through kooky devices from forgotten and bad story arcs? Sign me up!!
Although, 2 panels are devoted to how he killed Xavier, went off the rails, and he self describes what he did was wrong and apologizes. That’s it! LOL Oh well, pick up and move on.

So, at this point in X history, I’m excited to read Xbooks and get caught up before the majesty that is Hickman lands in Unlimited! Why am I excited about X books? Because Cyclops! Because no Bendis! Because different editorial! Woo!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 10:40:19 PM »

But still….I want my old Nathan back. The history he has with all these people...you just can’t wipe that away!

Yes I completely agree.  Especially since they JUST brought him back from the dead.  Ugh.

But Cyclops is back! And in a manner that is totally COMIC BOOKY AND I LOVED IT!!! Phoenix force regeneration through kooky devices from forgotten and bad story arcs? Sign me up!!

So, at this point in X history, I’m excited to read Xbooks and get caught up before the majesty that is Hickman lands in Unlimited! Why am I excited about X books? Because Cyclops! Because no Bendis! Because different editorial! Woo!!

Yes I really think they were headed in the right direction.  I love what Hickman is doing but I'm not sure the X-People needed the reboot as much as that other DC team I wanted him to do.   Angry

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 12:10:42 PM »

I enjoyed what Rosenberg was doing. I like his writing. Glad to see Marvel kept him, although I can't remember what he is doing next.

EDIT - I though he was on the next Wolverine comic as well, but that is Benjamin Percy.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 12:12:48 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS