HR Boards
April 16, 2024, 07:36:54 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, September 25, 2019  (Read 6447 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 24, 2019, 11:34:25 PM »

Planning on doing a lot of reading this week.  At least going to try!

ComiXolgy
Powers of X 5
Action Comics 1015
DCeased 4
Freedom Fighters 9
Detective Comics 1007
Detective Comics 1008
Detective Comics 1009
Detective Comics 1010
Justice League Dark 13
Justice League Dark Annual 1
Justice League Dark 14
Martian Manhunter 7
Martian Manhunter 8
Inferior Five 1
Criminal 7
Psi-Lords 3
Dreadstar 6
Dreadstar 7
Dreadstar 8
Dreadstar 9
Dreadstar 10
The Fuse Vol 4: Constant Orbital Revolutions

Marvel Unlimited
Age of X-Man: Nextgen 2
Age of X-Man: The Amazing Nightcrawler 2
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 4
Guardians of the Galaxy 3
Immortal Hulk 15
Jessica Jones: Purple Daughter 3
Spider-Man: Life Story 1
Thor 11
Uncanny X-Men 14
Venom 12

========================================
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 02:16:28 AM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 12:05:15 AM »

Just so ya know, Jeff, read JLDark Annual after #13 and before #14. I think that is right. That is how I read them and the annual flowed right into issue 14, though the Annual may have indeed come out after #12? Maybe? Not sure. Maybe you have it right as listed. Me no know.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 02:16:13 AM »

Just so ya know, Jeff, read JLDark Annual after #13 and before #14. I think that is right. That is how I read them and the annual flowed right into issue 14, though the Annual may have indeed come out after #12? Maybe? Not sure. Maybe you have it right as listed. Me no know.
 Grin

Good catch!  I actually wrote the numbers wrong.  I'm reading issues 13, Annual, 14 - not 12 & 13.

I edited my post and put the right numbers in - thanks!  I did know to read the annual first, thanks to your post from the previous week.  So thanks again!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 01:16:26 PM »

Sweet!

Once you read it, let me know if you have seen/heard from THAT character within the last few years, because I only recall them from ... well, not wanting to say yet, but I have not seen nor heard from them in many a year. Not that they are THAT great, at all.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019, 11:42:58 PM »

ComiXolgy
Powers of X 5
Action Comics 1015
DCeased 4
Freedom Fighters 9

Detective Comics 1007
Detective Comics 1008
Detective Comics 1009
Detective Comics 1010
Justice League Dark 13
Justice League Dark 14
Martian Manhunter 7
Martian Manhunter 8
Inferior Five 1
Criminal 7
Psi-Lords 3
Dreadstar 6
Dreadstar 7
Dreadstar 8
Dreadstar 9
Dreadstar 10

Marvel Unlimited
Immortal Hulk 15
Thor 11
Uncanny X-Men 14
Venom 12

Powers of X 5 - More background to the new normal.  This new world is big.

Action Comics 1015 - Another good issue.  Feels like we're closing in on the final battle with Red Cloud.

DCeased 4 - Is anyone left alive?  Crazy fun.

Freedom Fighters 9 - I get the feeling this is coming to a close.  I wonder how sales are?  This issue itself was good.  Love the Plasstic Man.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2019, 01:54:35 AM »

ComiXolgy
Powers of X 5
Action Comics 1015
DCeased 4
Freedom Fighters 9

Detective Comics 1007
Detective Comics 1008
Detective Comics 1009
Detective Comics 1010
Justice League Dark 13
Justice League Dark 14
Martian Manhunter 7
Martian Manhunter 8
Inferior Five 1
Criminal 7
Psi-Lords 3
Dreadstar 6
Dreadstar 7
Dreadstar 8
Dreadstar 9
Dreadstar 10

Marvel Unlimited
Immortal Hulk 15

Thor 11
Uncanny X-Men 14
Venom 12

Detective Comics 1007 - End of the Spectre team up.  Loved seeing these two together.

Age of X-Man: Nextgen 2 - Continues to get interesting.

Age of X-Man: The Amazing Nightcrawler 2 - This was good too.

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 4 - End of this arc, I think.  Very good.  Loved Johnny being in this arc with Spidey.

Guardians of the Galaxy 3 - This is picking up.  Next issue should be a big one.

Immortal Hulk 15 - Wow.  Just when I think it's getting too creepy an issue like this comes out.  One of the best.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 02:20:34 AM by Jeff » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2019, 11:32:47 PM »

ComiXolgy
Powers of X 5
Action Comics 1015
DCeased 4
Freedom Fighters 9

Detective Comics 1007
Detective Comics 1008
Detective Comics 1009
Detective Comics 1010

Justice League Dark 13
Justice League Dark 14
Martian Manhunter 7
Martian Manhunter 8
Inferior Five 1
Criminal 7
Psi-Lords 3
Dreadstar 6
Dreadstar 7
Dreadstar 8
Dreadstar 9
Dreadstar 10

Marvel Unlimited
Immortal Hulk 15

Thor 11
Uncanny X-Men 14
Venom 12

Detective Comics 1008 - A Joker one shot story.  Almost reminded me of the old Adam West days with the Joker's silly scheme.  I enjoyed it for it what it is.  A simple good time.

Detective Comics 1009 & 1010 - Part 1 & 2 of new arc facing Deadshot.  I like it so far.  Interesting story with the old WWII vets.

Justice League Dark 13 - A sort of one shot interlude setting things up for the next story arcs.  Nice little break and the origins of Dr Fate and John Constantine.

Justice League Dark Annual 1 - Wow what a great story!  Classic Swamp Thing.  And the ending adding to the setup of the next arc has me excited.

Justice League Dark 14 - Great start!!  I'm going to like this magical version of the Legion of Doom.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2019, 01:40:06 AM »

ComiXolgy
Powers of X 5
Action Comics 1015
DCeased 4
Freedom Fighters 9

Detective Comics 1007
Detective Comics 1008
Detective Comics 1009
Detective Comics 1010

Justice League Dark 13
Justice League Dark 14
Martian Manhunter 7
Martian Manhunter 8
Inferior Five 1

Criminal 7
Psi-Lords 3
Dreadstar 6
Dreadstar 7
Dreadstar 8
Dreadstar 9
Dreadstar 10

Marvel Unlimited
Immortal Hulk 15

Thor 11
Uncanny X-Men 14
Venom 12

Martian Manhunter 7 & 8 - We get some back story on J'onn's partner and more story progression on the missing girl.  Still good.

Inferior Five 1 - The guys over at iFanboy hated this giving it a 2 out of 5 stars.  I don't know what they're talking about.  I liked it.  It's a setup issue like most issue #1's so the mystery has just started.  I'm in for this story.

Criminal 7 - Finally getting the Ricky Lawless story.  Good book as always.

Psi-Lords 3 -  Shocked  I did NOT see that ending coming!  This is getting good.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2019, 11:37:27 AM »

Felt like I camped out at the LCS yesterday  Grin

Amazing Spider-Man #24
Amazing Spider-Man #25
- Jeez this #25 was a HUGE book. Neat new villain, I think ??
Amazing Spider-Man #26
Amazing Spider-Man #27 - Dang it!!! No issue at the shop!!!!! However, thinking I am done with this title.
Amazing Spider-Man #28
Amazing Spider-Man #29
- Yeah, I may come back, to check in on the new villain we have yet to really see, but ...
Dr Strange #17
Dr Strange #18
- A decent Galactus story with a ending that we have had to endure before  Angry
Strikeforce #1 - Yawn. If this was better, it is what Savage Avengers should have been. But I've no interest
Powers of X #5 - Wow! Another great issue.
Was that Krakoa all mechanized at the end of the issue? Looked like his underground trunk thing where the pods are kept
Shocked

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2019, 08:13:47 PM »

Powers of X #5 - Wow! Another great issue.
Was that Krakoa all mechanized at the end of the issue? Looked like his underground trunk thing where the pods are kept
Shocked

Oooo.  I didn't notice.  I'll have to go back and look!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2019, 11:54:44 PM »

ComiXolgy
Powers of X 5
Action Comics 1015
DCeased 4
Freedom Fighters 9

Detective Comics 1007
Detective Comics 1008
Detective Comics 1009
Detective Comics 1010

Justice League Dark 13
Justice League Dark 14
Martian Manhunter 7
Martian Manhunter 8
Inferior Five 1

Criminal 7
Psi-Lords 3
Dreadstar 6
Dreadstar 7
Dreadstar 8
Dreadstar 9
Dreadstar 10

Marvel Unlimited
Immortal Hulk 15

Thor 11
Uncanny X-Men 14
Venom 12

Jessica Jones: Purple Daughter 3 - Great ending to this story.  Heck every issue was great.  Pick this up and read it!

Spider-Man: Life Story 1 - This is going to be so much fun.  This first issue, 1960's, was really good.  Not to mention I love Bagley on Spider-Man (any version).  I'm looking forward to the next issue.

Thor 11 - Prelude to War.  Thank gawd the artist changed!!  This was sooooo much better.  And the prelude was good too.  Looking forward to the War of Realms.

Uncanny X-Men 14 - I'm really enjoying this.  Salvador Larroca is so great to see again on X-Men.  This is a great team too.  Cyclops, Havok, Wolverine, Madrox, Majik, Wolfsbane, Karma, and Mirage.  And add Chamber in this issue.  Lots of fun!

Venom 12 - Another good comic.  Fast read.  Should be interesting with the new character in Eddie's life.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2019, 02:20:35 AM »

ComiXolgy
Powers of X 5
Action Comics 1015
DCeased 4
Freedom Fighters 9

Detective Comics 1007
Detective Comics 1008
Detective Comics 1009
Detective Comics 1010

Justice League Dark 13
Justice League Dark 14
Martian Manhunter 7
Martian Manhunter 8
Inferior Five 1

Criminal 7
Psi-Lords 3
Dreadstar 6
Dreadstar 7

Dreadstar 8
Dreadstar 9
Dreadstar 10

Marvel Unlimited
Immortal Hulk 15

Thor 11
Uncanny X-Men 14
Venom 12

Dreadstar 6 & 7 - Love me some Jim Starlin.  But funny how this future technology isn't holding up to the test of time.  Still fun to read and look at though.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2019, 01:21:52 PM »

Blade Runner 2019 #1
Blade Runner 2019 #2
Blade Runner 2019 #3
- Not sure if this is ongoing or mini, but I'm damn sure diggin' it!! Art is amazing, story is solid
Spawn #299 - Getting closer to #300
Psi-Lords #2 - I ... just can't get into this yet. Jeff, I know you like it, I hope I will soon  Undecided Not giving up
Black Hammer: Age of Doom #12 - I'ma just gonna post my thoughts on this with this other title ...
Black Hammer/JLA #3 - *sigh* What can I say here? Like Jeff, I am a huge fan of Lemire. I really like his writing, but ... BUT ... this was a very disappointing two issue read. With Age of Doom, what started out so good, just went to bland slop. Yeah, I kind of like the ending, kinda, but around issue 7 or so this revamped title fell like a rock for me.
And then I read the JLA/BH "joint" which would contain some of the most ridiculous Lemire I have read. His Batman ... dear lord his Batman. Let me get this straight,
Batman, one of the smartest characters in the DCU confuses a barn for the Batcave? Needs Cyborg to tell him some gizmo will not work? Doesn't see a freaking robot in a box, right beside him, after it being there for, what seems to them, to be about 6 months?
CRAP. Come on, Lemire, stop it. You're being lazy as hell right now!!!! You're better than this. Maybe don't write as much? Something.
 Angry

EDIT - Got so mad I forgot to place my two Big-Two reads !!!
 Grin

Dr. Strange #19 - The new, upcoming Dr. Strange title's title (Surgeon Supreme) is explained here  Wink

Action Comics #1015 - An okay issue that I forgot was co-starring "Naomi". A character that had a mini that I was going to read before this issue, so I wouldn't get spoiled by anything.
DOH!

Amazing Spider-Man #24
Amazing Spider-Man #25

Amazing Spider-Man #26
Amazing Spider-Man #27
Amazing Spider-Man #28
Amazing Spider-Man #29

Dr Strange #17
Dr Strange #18

Strikeforce #1
Powers of X #5
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 01:28:12 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2019, 12:27:32 AM »

Psi-Lords #2 - I ... just can't get into this yet. Jeff, I know you like it, I hope I will soon  Undecided Not giving up

I am enjoying it but it might just not be your cup of tea.  It picks up in issue 3 but if your not liking it by the end of issue 3 it's just not for you.

Black Hammer: Age of Doom #12 - I'ma just gonna post my thoughts on this with this other title ...
Black Hammer/JLA #3 - *sigh* What can I say here? Like Jeff, I am a huge fan of Lemire. I really like his writing, but ... BUT ... this was a very disappointing two issue read. With Age of Doom, what started out so good, just went to bland slop. Yeah, I kind of like the ending, kinda, but around issue 7 or so this revamped title fell like a rock for me.
And then I read the JLA/BH "joint" which would contain some of the most ridiculous Lemire I have read. His Batman ... dear lord his Batman. Let me get this straight,
Batman, one of the smartest characters in the DCU confuses a barn for the Batcave? Needs Cyborg to tell him some gizmo will not work? Doesn't see a freaking robot in a box, right beside him, after it being there for, what seems to them, to be about 6 months?
CRAP. Come on, Lemire, stop it. You're being lazy as hell right now!!!! You're better than this. Maybe don't write as much? Something.
 Angry

I think he started spreading himself to thin before finishing Black Hammer out.  I really thought the whole crossover with DC universe was a very bad sign for the series.  I still haven't gotten to issue 12 but this doesn't bode well.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2019, 02:51:18 AM »

Added Dreadstar 11 & 12 to the reading list as those are the last two issues on ComiXology.  Might as well finish it out.

ComiXolgy
Powers of X 5
Action Comics 1015
DCeased 4
Freedom Fighters 9

Detective Comics 1007
Detective Comics 1008
Detective Comics 1009
Detective Comics 1010

Justice League Dark 13
Justice League Dark 14
Martian Manhunter 7
Martian Manhunter 8
Inferior Five 1

Criminal 7
Psi-Lords 3
Dreadstar 6
Dreadstar 7

Dreadstar 8
Dreadstar 9
Dreadstar 10
ADDED: Dreadstar 11
ADDED: Dreadstar 12

Marvel Unlimited
Immortal Hulk 15

Thor 11
Uncanny X-Men 14
Venom 12

Dreadstar 8, 9, 10, 11, & 12 - Really was enjoying this.  Didn't realize this is all they have on Comixology and the series runs for another 54 issues!!  Bummer - really wanted to see how this continues!  But what I read has been fun.

The Fuse Vol 4: Constant Orbital Revolutions - And we're done.  Great series and good ending wrapping everything up.  Big thumbs up for this series.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 02:53:24 AM by Jeff » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS