HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:20:34 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, September 4, 2019  (Read 4166 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 04, 2019, 02:35:04 PM »

ComiXolgy
House of X 4
Doomsday Clock 11
Legion of Super-Heroes: Millennium 1
Lois Lane 3
Detective Comics 1001
Detective Comics 1002
Detective Comics 1003
Birthright 38
Die 6
Ice Cream Man 13
Killers 1
Punk Mambo 4
Fallen World 4
Sea of Stars 2
Starslayer TPB Vol 1 (Mike Grell)
The Fuse Vol 2 Gridlock

Marvel Unlimited
Dazzler Facsimile Editioin 1
Doctor Strange 11
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 3
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Jessica Jones: Purple Daughter 2
Old Man Quill 2
Return of Wolverine 5
Uncanny X-Men 12
Venom 11

Age of X-Man: X-Tremists 1
Doctor Aphra 29
Cloak & Dagger 3
Invaders 2
X-Force 3
Marvel Comics Presents 2

========================================

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 11:40:40 PM »

ComiXolgy
House of X 4
Doomsday Clock 11

Lois Lane 3
Detective Comics 1001
Detective Comics 1002
Detective Comics 1003
Birthright 38
Die 6
Ice Cream Man 13
Killers 1
Punk Mambo 4
Fallen World 4
Sea of Stars 2
The Fuse Vol 2 Gridlock

Marvel Unlimited
Doctor Strange 11
Old Man Quill 2
Return of Wolverine 5
Uncanny X-Men 12
Venom 11

Doctor Aphra 29
Cloak & Dagger 3
Invaders 2
X-Force 3
Marvel Comics Presents 2

House of X 4 - Well as fun as this was it fell a little flat because
We know their not really dead.  I might have bought Archangel and Husk dieing - but we know Wolverine and Cyclops don't die.  They just came back for X sake!

Doomsday Clock 11 - OMG.   Shocked  The answer to the new Legion of Super-Heroes may have just been revealed here! I wasn't expecting that!

Legion of Super-Heroes: Millennium 1 - Ah ha.  Nice pick for the character that lives for a thousand years.  Really liked the Supergirl part.  I hope we get to see more of that.  For a first issue, this wasn't "great" but I still liked it for the most part.  This can go either way - up or down.  We will wait and see in issue 2.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 11:42:38 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 01:18:57 PM »

Well at least I know I can go out and buy DD clock now. Buy the last few issues of Deathstroke and super sons while I'm at it.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 02:27:15 AM »

ComiXolgy
House of X 4
Doomsday Clock 11

Lois Lane 3
Detective Comics 1001
Detective Comics 1002
Detective Comics 1003
Birthright 38
Die 6
Ice Cream Man 13
Killers 1
Punk Mambo 4
Fallen World 4
Sea of Stars 2
The Fuse Vol 2 Gridlock

Marvel Unlimited
Doctor Strange 11
Old Man Quill 2
Return of Wolverine 5
Uncanny X-Men 12
Venom 11

Doctor Aphra 29
Cloak & Dagger 3
Invaders 2
X-Force 3
Marvel Comics Presents 2

Yeah, I'm moving really slow this week......

Lois Lane 3 - Good issue.  I love the stuff with Montoya back to being the Question.

Dazzler Facsimile Editioin 1 - A complete reprint of Dazzler #1 from the 80's.  Complete with original advertisements!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 11:13:46 AM »

House of X 4 - Well as fun as this was it fell a little flat because
We know their not really dead.  I might have bought Archangel and Husk dieing - but we know Wolverine and Cyclops don't die.  They just came back for X sake!

Ha, true, like the ending of the issue prior, but hey, comics  Cheesy The fun part is going to be seeing
how they return. Because this isn't one of those "He's dead" kind of gimmicks, there is a plan, I think that makes a huge difference for me. And you as well I am sure  Smiley

Doomsday Clock 11 - OMG.   Shocked  The answer to the new Legion of Super-Heroes may have just been revealed here! I wasn't expecting that!

Waiting to read all of this series when I hear that 12 is coming out. Or at least that was the plan. Do I need to read this before I finish the recent LoSH: Mill #1?

Was really excited about getting to this and yet I still fell asleep before finishng  Angry You mentioned that is was a nice pick for the 1,000 year old character. I know very, very little about ... said character ... only seeing ... them ... recently in something I can't remember now  Cheesy As I feel asleep early in the issue, does it show why "they" lived that long or was that a part of "them" anyway? Power set I mean

As for what I've gotten to -

Black Cat #1 - A pretty fun issue. Travel Foreman's art has never looked better. May try to stay on ...  Cheesy Cheesy
House of X #4 - loved this issue. From the start to the end. I still need to find out what Hickman is saying at the end of the issues. Will Google that today!!

DCeased: A Good Day To Die #1 - A fun issue ties into the story. Two artists. One was great!  Wink
Lois Lane #2
Lois Lane #3
- Loving this series. Not surprising as I am a huge Rucka fan
Justice League #29
Justice League #30
Justice League #31
- I like Snyder's writing, I do, but this is just not getting me. It is overworked. Too much going on over the last 30 issues. The story is too ... convoluted? I like the idea of something beyond the Source Wall, but this? And the Forger thing? BAH. And what the hell is Luthor,
a full alien Xenophobe, bowing down to what is essentially, another powerful alien? And he allowed her to "transform" him? Luthor?

Undecided Roll Eyes

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 02:55:47 PM »

Waiting to read all of this series when I hear that 12 is coming out. Or at least that was the plan. Do I need to read this before I finish the recent LoSH: Mill #1?

No. Not at all. It’s a one page thing you wouldn’t think anything about unless, like us, you know there’s a very different LoSH coming.

Was really excited about getting to this and yet I still fell asleep before finishng  Angry You mentioned that is was a nice pick for the 1,000 year old character. I know very, very little about ... said character ... only seeing ... them ... recently in something I can't remember now  Cheesy As I feel asleep early in the issue, does it show why "they" lived that long or was that a part of "them" anyway? Power set I mean

As far as I know the character is new since Bendis arrived bur she’s prevalent in Action Comics.  I like that they picked some one new instead retconning an established character.

House of X #4 - loved this issue. From the start to the end. I still need to find out what Hickman is saying at the end of the issues. Will Google that today!!

In general the end of issue messages are basically
“Next Issue:” and the title of the the next issue.
Still clever but not quite as ominous as you might think.  Grin
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 02:57:54 PM by Jeff » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2019, 03:33:02 PM »

No. Not at all. It’s a one page thing you wouldn’t think anything about unless, like us, you know there’s a very different LoSH coming.

Okay, sweet. Thank you sir!

Was really excited about getting to this and yet I still fell asleep before finishng  Angry You mentioned that is was a nice pick for the 1,000 year old character. I know very, very little about ... said character ... only seeing ... them ... recently in something I can't remember now  Cheesy As I feel asleep early in the issue, does it show why "they" lived that long or was that a part of "them" anyway? Power set I mean

As far as I know the character is new since Bendis arrived bur she’s prevalent in Action Comics.  I like that they picked some one new instead retconning an established character.

YES!! That is where I saw her  Smiley And yeah, that is cool!!

In general the end of issue messages are basically
“Next Issue:” and the title of the the next issue.
Still clever but not quite as ominous as you might think.  Grin

Hahahaha,

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2019, 05:09:32 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy   Wink

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2019, 01:35:18 AM »

ComiXolgy
House of X 4
Doomsday Clock 11

Lois Lane 3
Detective Comics 1001
Detective Comics 1002
Detective Comics 1003
Birthright 38
Die 6
Ice Cream Man 13
Killers 1
Punk Mambo 4
Fallen World 4
Sea of Stars 2
The Fuse Vol 2 Gridlock

Marvel Unlimited
Doctor Strange 11

Old Man Quill 2
Return of Wolverine 5
Uncanny X-Men 12
Venom 11

Doctor Aphra 29
Cloak & Dagger 3
Invaders 2
X-Force 3
Marvel Comics Presents 2

Snails pace.  You can tell sports is back on TV, football and US Open.

Doctor Strange 11. - didn’t care for that arc but at least it was short.  Overall Mark Waid is doing a great job here so one small arc isn’t going to change my love for the title.

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 3 - Still fun!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2019, 01:25:59 PM »

Just a few more -

Marvel Comics #1000 - 80 years, 80 (plus) pages of single page stories. Each page celebrates an "important" ( Roll Eyes) event of that particular year; 1939-2019. Although some of the ones they chose, and I am not a supporter of ComicGate, but, some are so much of a PC reach it isn't funny. Does ANY comic fan think RedWolf headlining in Marvel Spotlight #1 for the year 1971 was/is more important than the first appearance of Squadron Supreme or Manthing or Morbius in that year? Okay, maybe Morbius, MAYBE, but certainly no way in hell would Redwolf "headlining" be more important than the formation of Defenders in Marvel Feature #1 for Marvel ... or the fans. I get that you want to be inclusive, but ... man, I don't know.
Also, there is an over all story in this as well. Not on all pages, but it is easy to see that Al Ewing has something coming down the line. I think I am gonna like it too.
 Smiley

LoSH: Millennium #1 - Meh, an okay book, I guess. Not sure what is going on here really.
Detective Comics #1006
Detective Comics #1007
Detective Comics #1008
- A couple quick stories here. A two issue Spectre story that went a little too fast for me. I wanted more of one of my favorite ... specters  Grin and then a one issue Joker story that was okay. I would like, however, if we could not see Joker again until we get the start of the Three Joker stuff. But with the new movie doing so well, I think that isn't gonna happen
 Grin

Black Cat #1
House of X #4

DCeased: A Good Day To Die #1
Lois Lane #2
Lois Lane #3

Justice League #29
Justice League #30
Justice League #31

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2019, 10:29:20 PM »

ComiXolgy
House of X 4
Doomsday Clock 11

Lois Lane 3
Detective Comics 1001
Detective Comics 1002
Detective Comics 1003
Birthright 38
Die 6
Ice Cream Man 13
Killers 1
Punk Mambo 4
Fallen World 4
Sea of Stars 2
The Fuse Vol 2 Gridlock

Marvel Unlimited
Doctor Strange 11

Old Man Quill 2
Return of Wolverine 5
Uncanny X-Men 12
Venom 11

Doctor Aphra 29
Cloak & Dagger 3
Invaders 2
X-Force 3
Marvel Comics Presents 2

I see a list rollover to next week.........

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - Feels like the last part of a setup issue.  Still pretty decent.  Looking forward to where this is going next issue.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 03:56:51 AM by Jeff » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2019, 12:03:18 PM »

Man, another double digit week for me? Almost hitting 20 comics?!?! Seems like I go up when Jeff gets busy. No, wait, didn't mean it like that.  Cheesy
Anywho ...

New X-Men Annual 2001
New X-Men #120
New X-Men #121
New X-Men #122
- Much better pacing in these last few issues, thankfully.
Spider-Man: Life Story #5
Spider-Man: Life Story #6
-  Spidey ages in real time, while going through the most important stories of each decade. Pretty fun and has a smart ending.

Marvel Comics #1000
Black Cat #1
House of X #4

DCeased: A Good Day To Die #1
Lois Lane #2
Lois Lane #3

Justice League #29
Justice League #30
Justice League #31

LoSH: Millennium #1
Detective Comics #1006
Detective Comics #1007
Detective Comics #1008

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS