HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:46:03 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: UNCANNY X-MEN  (Read 25427 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 01:06:32 PM »

Well,

They did a story a while back where Rogue gained control of her powers and can now touch other people, if she chooses. The relationship with Rogue and Magneto started back in the Savage Land when she did not have her powers, it was explored most fully in Age of Apocalypse, but it has always been there as a possibility. It is in character and well established that they have chemistry. The thing about X-men is each one of them seem more human and capable of anything good or bad in the right circumstances. They do not need a reboot to be interesting or switch sides. I am liking the book at this time.

Well as I must continue to convey X-Men ignorance, as I stopped reading them around issue 230 and thanks to my piss poor memory, hardly remember anything on the issues I read  Cheesy I say good for them, if it has/was already established of some hooky-upy or the hint of it, then cool.  Smiley Although I think it is crap  Cheesy

However, I still stand firm in my belief that Magneto on the X-Men is nothing but a travesty.  Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2012, 08:08:57 AM »

Understand.

I love Magneto depicted as a complex character, not just a mindless villain. Not sure how long he will stay with the Xmen, but I am ok with his current translation. His schemes have not worked, and he is written as an older(not OLD) man who is rethinking his strategy with the knowledge of where his past took him. I see character growth and still the potential for more. If he feels strongly enough about something, he will break away again.

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2012, 01:42:26 PM »

And I also prefer Mags as a complex character, because that is what he is. But he is also a murderer of thousands of people.

This is not a Rouge or Emma Frost situation where the "bad" becomes "good". Hell it took Rouge years before she was excepted and they felt she was rehabilitated, and she had killed how many people prior to that? Or the way Kitty hates and mistrusts Emma, as she should, and Emma is responsible for how many deaths? A lot I am sure under the Hellfire Club, but not nearly as much as Magneto. And both of them kinda "turned" once. But not this guy.

This is about a strong willed person joining the X-Men, then killing, then joining, then killing, then joining.

This is not about retribution, Mags can do that all he wants. Go grow as a character and form your own good guy team ... again. No, this is about the asinine way the "Good Mutants" keep allowing this killer of thousands to be part of this team.

He is a terrorist. A terrorist that may feel bad about his past deeds, but a terrorist non-the-less. A terrorist who has been given multiple chances at redemption and who has spit in the face of that opportunity time and time again.

Magneto should NEVER be on the X-Men

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2012, 04:05:56 AM »

Perry,

I understand your point, and I must ask if you wrote the dialogue in the scene of Avengers, Children's Crusade where Wanda is defended for her actions in relation to other characters such as Emma, Rogue and others as well as Magneto. I will admit, it is a tough call. But, he is a powerful being I would prefer as a sometimes ally as opposed to an enemy just out there somewhere.

I would stay on the island, and you would be at the school. And dang it! I like you on my team!

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 12:45:21 PM »

I would stay on the island, and you would be at the school.

Cheesy
Nice  Smiley

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2012, 09:46:38 PM »

Just finished reading #1-8 and LOVE this series. I am not a fan of the upcoming AvX arc and will be back after that.
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2013, 04:10:47 PM »

When and WHY did T'Challa and Storm have thier marriage annulled?
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2013, 02:26:40 AM »

When and WHY did T'Challa and Storm have thier marriage annulled?

AVENGERS vs X-MEN (Not sure of issue)

Done in a totally out of character manner, as shocking as that is, T'Challa does so himself.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2016, 04:27:07 AM »

So I read the recent Uncanny X-Men Annual and I really started to notice something that, for some strange reason, I hadn't noticed until this book. There are a shit ton of Mutants again.

When did this happen?

I know there were, at one time, only like 187 of them left after Wanda and her "No more Mutants" thing, and I get that there have been strides and more mutants born now and I know I was out of the X-books for awhile after that event, but after seeing hundreds upon hundreds of Mutants dying from the Terragin Cloud and then seeing a base camp in this issue filled with tent after tent of injured mutants and being told there are 11 such camps around the globe, when in the hell did the Mutant population take off like this again?

All we hear is how the mist is so bad for Mutants, but shit, seems to me they are popping up all over the place and like male deer in the winter, need to be thinned from time to time
 Grin

Okay, joke aside, honestly, where did all this recently dead or injured Mutants come from?
 Undecided

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2016, 01:10:10 PM »

It was either Wanda, or Hope (during/after or around the time of Messiah Complex) who rescinded No More Mutants. Either Wanda did it with another spell during Young Avengers: Children's Crusade, or when Hope was able to actively bring the mutant gene out of people.

I know there was a scene somewhere of Chamber on his death bed (you know, since he was only composed of energy when he blew out most of his organs), and that when he got his powers back, he was all better!! Same with scenes like with the Blob on his death bed-he got better.

That said, 'most' of the X-men we know all got their powers back, because, ya know, they are named figures. Across the world, not all mutants got their powers back. But there was nothing to stop newer mutants from developing.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2016, 03:55:36 PM »

I seem to recall it was Hope as well.  But of course, my memory's not what it used to be.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2016, 04:46:18 PM »

Sweet, thanks for the run down.

I just don't like it. They are just not special, as "Mutants", when there are 100,000 of them. It just gets too close to that 90's time when you couldn't throw a rock without hitting a new mutant (Not a New Mutant Haha you know what I mean)
 Cheesy

I am sure I will try the Blue and Gold series, as well as the Generation X books, heck, maybe even the solo titles, but I just like my X-books to relay a different sense than that of what most people like I guess. I really liked the 186 idea as it brought it back to the way it was. A small prosecuted sect of peoples and their fight against that oppression and the fight of other mutants. Now it just seems a lot of fighting against other mutants again.

But we'll see I guess.
 Smiley

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2019, 09:20:48 PM »

Well crap, almost caught up on this current Uncanny run by Rosenberg, one that I am enjoying, and it looks like issue #22 will be its last issue.
 Angry
Nothing confirmed as the solicits I am reading doesn't say "last issue" but it is extra-sized, so of course extra-priced and it states "... it all ends here. This is forever"
Could just be comic hyperbole but I don't think so with Hickman doing his two 6 issue X-Men mini-series starting the same month  Undecided

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS