HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:07:24 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ranking the 12 X-Men Movies  (Read 4333 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 18, 2019, 11:00:44 PM »

Vulture.com did it.  Do you agree with thier rankings?  Not sure I do on some of these.....

https://www.vulture.com/article/best-x-men-movies-ranked.html?fbclid=IwAR36r9oVvEDjJlqAVs90oUJaoBhGzWXpnh5uyP-LBXEVyRo5DYWfcsx-wvI

The article above explains why the have each film at each rank.  But for the time limited, here's the list from Worst to Best:

12. X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)
11. X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
10. Dark Phoenix (2019)
9. The Wolverine (2013)
8. X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)
7. Deadpool 2 (2018)
6. Logan (2017)
5. X-Men: First Class (2011)
4. Deadpool (2016)
3. X-Men (2000)
2. X2: X-Men United (2003)
1. X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 11:04:26 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 01:24:49 AM »

'Days'is NOT the best X-men movie! Wow! No!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 02:04:17 AM »

I don't think I'd put X2 in front of the first X-Men movie either.  Though it's been so long since I've seen either of them....

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 02:35:39 AM »

Now that I'm at my computer..

Oh, I put X2 above X-men. I love X-2!! A much more cut looking Hugh Jackman (not as cut as other movies, but he looks so cool during an AWESOME beserker rage in the mansion!), I really enjoyed, what I think, is about the only good showing of mutant tension amongst the populace with Bobby talking to his family, and I loved LOVED LOVED!!! Nightcrawler! Colossus armoring up for the first time!!!! Yeah, X2 still makes me geek out.

Okay , looking at that list, then making my own...

XX. Dark Phoenix - EDITED FOR REMOVAL Grin
11. The Last Stand - by the by, the guy who wrote this one? HE WROTE, THEN ALSO DIRECTED DARK PHOENIX!!! HOW DUMB ARE STUDIO EXECS?!!!
10. Origins: Wolverine - yeah, these bottom 3 movies suck @ss
9. The Wolverine - really not deviating too much from theirs...
8. Apocalypse - still on track...
7. Days of Future Past - whoa, Jim, that's a huge drop from that list! I know...I know...I mean, it's got Jackman, Xavier meeting Xavier, so many cool looking moments!!! And the ending to tie it all back to the original time line!!!..Okay, I think it may move up to #6, which is...
6. First Class - what a so very cool new direction for the movies, what great chemistry with Xavier and Erik, loved the forming of the team, loved the drama of the ending...ah hell, 6 & 7 flip back and forth, depending on the day you ask me
5. X-men - the first, the leader, the start off, great movie, all the way through. However,...this is one where the older it gets the ...more it shows it. Okay, maybe this should be 7, and bump the other 2 up.
4. Deadpool - I love this movie! However, as I've complained in the movie thread, I feel the fight with Ajax in the history portion (during the fire) has no dramatas to it, since in the present, they are fighting on the bridge. And then it's more drawn out mooning over his girl. Didn't care for it; and would heavily edit the beginning to drop Vanessa scenes a bit more. Same with the evil hospital and him getting his cure. But when he starts hunting 'Francis' the movie is straight up great. And of course, I LOVE the beginning action almost more than anything else I've seen! (ask me a different time about a different movie for a different answer Wink ) And, since this one is more recent than 'X-men', well, I think more fondly on it, as I do have the itch to rewatch this one more right now, as opposed to 'X-men'
3. Deadpool 2 - Just more DP being DP, I enjoy more pure DP insanity, the bus chase, Juggernaut! Domino! Cable! All so much good stuff!
2. Logan - I leave this at #2 because this is about best X-men movies, and I'll just put a pure team X-men movie as #1. (but we all know Logan is the real #1, because damn, what a send off and how good was this?!)
1. X2 - as I've said, just my favorite of them all. Biggest gripe was losing Cyclops (stupid Superman Returns!!!!!), but all in all, my favorite kind of X movie to watch. Bar none.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 05:39:21 PM by Jimmy T » Logged

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 11:55:02 AM »

Lordy me ... okay lets try this ...

First I'm not including this one

Dark Phoenix - Only because I haven't seen it. And Jimmy should never claim a movie is worse than something else without seeing both to compare so neener neener to you sir  Tongue  Grin

11 - Origins: Wolverine
10 - The Last Stand - The bottom of the bunch. Agree with Jimmy here. The order doesn't really matter
09 - Apocolypse - Here is the separation. This movie isn't horrible, just, yeah, 8 to 9 are mood dependent
08 - The Wolverine - Again, ranked 8th or 9th, they are all the same for me. Good but ...
07 - Days of Future Past - Again I'm at a point of non-commitment  Cheesy 6 or 7, both are fun, just not top 5
06 - First Class - Yeah, fun movie, good movie, just not in my top 5. Better than 8/9 but not greatly.
05 - Deadpool 2 - Much like the movies from 9 to 6, the top 5 on my list can go up and down, and do!
04 - X2 - Just a good comic movie!
03 - X-Men - Only because of it being the first. Seeing Frasier Beast, although odd now, was magical
02- Deadpool - Was blown away by this movie. Fun, fun, funnnnn
01- Logan - Currently my favorite, but ask me tomorrow and anyone of the top 5 could hold the spot.
 Cheesy

Not a bad list all and all. Just drop off those last two and maybe Dark Phoenix, once I see it  Wink and you got a pretty damn good run of movies!!
Better than the FF have
  Grin
 Cheesy
 Smiley

Undecided
 Cry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 09:19:49 PM »

12. Dark Phoenix - I have no intention of ever watching this

Can you claim something is the worst if you've never seen it?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 09:22:46 PM »

First I'm not including this one

Dark Phoenix - Only because I haven't seen it. And Jimmy should never claim a movie is worse than something else without seeing both to compare so neener neener to you sir  Tongue  Grin

OH - LOL.  I see I'm not the only one with that thought....

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2019, 12:10:55 PM »

Man lol! Didn't expect that reaction! Cheesy

Very well, I simply drop Dark Phoenix from any consideration. Based on reviews, and 2 friends, and the director apologizing for the lack of interest in the movie (!!!), I know I will not bother wasting my time to watch it. In my limited viewing scope of time windows to watch things, I consider Phoenix to be something I will not spare a glance for. But it will no longer be on my list. Grin

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2019, 03:19:09 PM »

YAY !!!
We did it, Jeff. WE DID IT!!!  Grin

Thanks, Jimmy
 Wink
 Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS