HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:38:05 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swamp Thing  (Read 5806 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 01, 2019, 12:13:57 AM »

Starts tonight!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 07:04:36 PM »

Cheesy
Oh I needed that.
The acting!! THE ACTING!!!!
(or lack of, LACK OF!!!)
 Cheesy

Plus the SFX would go from decent to absolutely dreadful in milliseconds.

I can see why the canceled the last 4 episodes to "rewrite the series"  Cheesy

Shame

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 12:32:58 AM »

Is it that bad?

Damnit! DC, get it together!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 01:51:34 PM »

Wow, I knew it was bad, but to cancel after one episode? Are they even going to show the rest?

On top of that, I am hearing that WB is not at all happy with DC Unlimited and are about to pull it. I have asked if that includes the comic side of things and I await an answer, but if they kill the whole thing I will be ticked off.

No reason to stop the digital comics side of things. You have to be able to make money on it if Marvel is doing for so many years.

Edit - Need to make a little adjustment to my statement. It is not that WB is just killing DCU, it is ticked off at it and is thinking of transferring over all the movie/v stuff to a WB streaming app (IE: like Disney) and are estimating the price to charge customers over $15 a month.
HA
No way buckos
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 01:59:39 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 11:53:34 PM »

So just an update on this. WarnerBrothers is saying the reason for the cancellation is that North Carolina didn't tell them the truth or gave them wrong tax figures and the show is now costing way too much to make.
North Carolina officials are saying that is bull, that DC knew every single penny that was coming and going, but just got cold feet after what they saw.
Hmmmm, WB vs an entire state?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 12:48:53 AM »

So Rotten Tomatoes gives this series a 92% Fresh rating (that's all critics; no viewer ratings yet).  If the reviews are good why cancel it before all the episodes came out?

I'm not buying the North Carolina lied about the taxes.  If it's cost then I would blame someone at WB for not paying attention to the finances.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 10:16:37 AM »

So Rotten Tomatoes gives this series a 92% Fresh rating (that's all critics; no viewer ratings yet).

Wow, I wonder why they have no audience yet? Are they blocking them? That seems weird.

I will give them one =
Yuk
 Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 12:18:24 PM »

What a bullshit response by Warner Brothers. 'there are things we can't say.' You haven't said anything! Why would I buy your service at all?! I have no confidence in you!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2020, 03:14:53 AM »

Did this get better?

https://www.newsarama.com/50161-dc-universe-s-swamp-thing-coming-to-cw-report.html

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2020, 11:50:55 AM »

Did this get better?

swamp-thing-coming-to-cw

I honestly don't know. I couldn't get past the bad acting of the first episode. I can say the only thing I did like was ... the structure? I could see where they were trying to go and that was good, but the acting and the script (dialog especially) was a little too much for me to overcome.

I was actually thinking of trying the show again, now that I signed up for yearly  Cheesy, to see if it still hit me the same, but I am scared it will. I like Swampy, I don't want to see a bad one.

Of course the CW gaining the rights to him scares me more than the DCU show ever did. When I think of this property being produced for their main audience ... a teen angst Swamp Thing show ... I get the shivers, but not in the way that Swamp Thing is suppose to provide them.
 Tongue

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2020, 09:18:37 AM »

Just heard that the CW may, while airing the DCU's original show and not create their own run of the series, they may edit it up/down a tad to tighten the show, but they also may edit out some of the gore. That is truly good and bad news.
 Undecided

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2020, 01:11:27 PM »

Okay, so I sat down with the wife and watched the first episode again. After the initial bad dialog parts and some sloppy storytelling that I remember, I found it not to be entirely as bad as I had declared the first time around. Maybe the wife thinking it was "okay, I guess", which is better than the "it's shit" I was expecting, made me like it more this time? I don't know.
 Grin

I will be trying the next episode ... again? ... (I don't think I ever started it, but maybe I did, HA) but yeah, will be giving it a go soon.
 Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS