HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:37:40 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Non-Big Two Reading  (Read 2602 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: April 18, 2019, 12:58:59 PM »

So hey guys, we all know we dip our toes in Marvel and/or DC each month, well, except for one Realmer  Wink, but of course there are some great comics out there that do not come from those massive power-houses. I was just wondering what comics that come from other publishers that pull you in and qualify as must reads each time they hit the shelves. I know personally I have a ton of titles that I am waiting on to reach the end before I grab them again. Titles like East of West, Wicked and Divine, Deadly Class, Black Science and Babyteeth are just some such titles for me. But I am talking about comics you just can't wait for.
Yeah, what non-big titles are you reading?

My small list of must reads each month (even though I may be a month or two behind on some  Grin) -

Ice Cream Man
Gideon Falls
Redneck

DYNAMITE (and I can't believe I read Dynamite now, but damn these two are good)
Peter Canon: Thunderbolt
Red Sonja

VALIANT
All titles, even the ones I am behind on, except The Forgotten Queen as that was not good at all. And honestly, I am about 5 months behind on both X-O and Bloodshot
 Undecided

I am also getting ready to add the new IDW Star Trek series Year Five when it hits next week. Or at least I hope I am

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 01:52:25 AM »

Your going to kick yourself for not including my top one.

DARK HORSE
Black Hammer - and all the mini's associated with it.
Umbrella Academy

Criminal
Die
Die!Die!Die!
East of West
The Fix - If the last issue will EVER come out!
Gideon Falls
Lazarus
Redneck
Thief of Thieves - also, if the last issue will EVER come out!

VALIANT
Bloodshot
X-O Manowar
Life and Death of Toyo Harada - I haven't started yet but I know it will be on this list

Now I'm normally a month or two behind because I'm waiting for the $2 price drop on ComiXology, but I grab them the day it drops.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 08:33:06 PM »

Your going to kick yourself for not including my top one.

DARK HORSE

CRAP!! What happened to my Dark Horse list?
 Angry
Not sure how I erased that, but yeah, No Black Hammer?  Grin Grin

addendum :
 Cheesy

DARK HORSE
Black Hammer (all and every)
Fight Club 3
Aliens (all the Brian Wood series)

Ice Cream Man
Gideon Falls
Redneck

DYNAMITE (and I can't believe I read Dynamite now, but damn these two are good)
Peter Canon: Thunderbolt
Red Sonja

VALIANT
All titles, even the ones I am behind on, except The Forgotten Queen as that was not good at all. And honestly, I am about 5 months behind on both X-O and Bloodshot
 Undecided

(still not sure how that happened?)

EDIT -

Now I'm normally a month or two behind because I'm waiting for the $2 price drop on ComiXology, but I grab them the day it drops.

Just make sure you skip that Fogotten Queen. Or, I guess try the first issue if you want to try it, but do not buy the trade or multiple issues until you know that you want it
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 08:34:53 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 02:48:43 AM »

Just make sure you skip that Fogotten Queen. Or, I guess try the first issue if you want to try it, but do not buy the trade or multiple issues until you know that you want it

Oh I dropped that off my Wish List awhile ago after you panned it in the Weekly Reader thread.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS