HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:11:23 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Quantum Age: From the World of Black Hammer  (Read 5699 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 17, 2018, 09:26:59 PM »

Set in the world of the Eisner Award-winning Black Hammer series--but a thousand years in the future--a collection of superheroes, inspired by the legendary heroes of Black Hammer Farm, must band together to save the planet from an authoritarian regime. A young Martian must find a way to reform The Quantum League to save the world while solving the riddle of what happened to the great heroes of the twentieth century. Black Hammer creator Jeff Lemire (The Terrifics) is joined by Wilfredo Torres (Legion) in illustrating while Dave Stewart (Hellboy) adds his colorist skills to the mix. * Based on Jeff Lemire's Eisner Award-winning series! ''Masterfully plays with all the many tropes and genres of superhero fiction over the past few decades.''--Entertainment Weekly

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 09:31:05 PM »

Issue 1

And once again I am sucked into another Black Hammer book.

Great start and a new mystery building on the mystery of Black Hammer.  Lemire is setting up another fun series and issue 1 captured my sense of intrigue.

If your a fan of the Legion of Super-Heroes AND a fan of Black Hammer - this book is especially for you.

Even if your not a big fan of the Legion - pick this up!  The Black Hammer universe is one of the best, most refreshing universes to come out since the reboot of the Valiant universe.

4 our of 5 Martians for the intro to this time and world.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 03:16:08 PM »

Issue 2

Perhaps my expectations are way up since reading the last issue of Black Hammer but my enjoyment of issue 2 of Quantum wasn’t as high. 

Not as good as the first issue but I’m hoping for a big payoff.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 08:08:57 PM »

Scared is what I am.

This is suppose to be his Legion, but we need lots more issues for that to come around.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 02:08:55 AM »

Just finished issue 6 - the last issue.

I'm going to have to think on this.  I think I liked it but not sure.  This ending is not what I expected and while I think I like the idea of it, it wasn't the big punch I'm used to.  Not that that is bad, just different.

Clearly this will tie into the Black Hammer main story with a hint as to how that will end.  But I'm sure it's not as clear cut as that.

Black Hammer seems to be a large tapestry with each of these mini's tieing into the larger story.  Maybe I'll get it better when all is said and done.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 12:18:28 PM »

I didn't enjoy it all that much. But hey, they all can't be winners

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 04:32:17 PM »

But hey, they all can't be winners

Agree.  This is the weakest of the books.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS