HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:52:18 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jonathan Hickman Returns  (Read 5776 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: March 21, 2019, 05:46:56 PM »

So, sadly, no Jonathan Hickman on LoSH. I have been delaying reading most of the older LoSH because I really wanted to jum into his, if there was going to be a "his", version of The Legion, but with he and Marvel saying there is "something coming from him in July, I think that pipe dream is finished and done
 Cry Cry

I can still imagine what that would have been like and perhaps someday that dream, that ultimate comics dream, will come to fruition, but just not yet.

Anywho, enough of Hickman being involved with a DC property for now, I did post this in the Marvel section so let me get on with it.

Bleeding Cool is reporting that the possibility of him doing an "X" book (in any variation of what "X" means for Marvel) is not going to be a thing. I have two feelings on this and they are, of course, conflicting. For one, I have really been enjoying what Rosenburg has been doing on Uncanny, even though I am behind. I have enjoyed his take on the title and it appears that he does love the characters. That does help, greatly I feel.

However

Man, Hickman on the X-Men? Wow.

Of course Hickman on anything would pull me in, but with the vastness that is Mutant'dom these days, it just fits right into Hickman's scope, and it is rumored ("I heard a rumor" ... have you guys seen Umbrella Academy yet?!?!?!?!), according to BC and other sites, that Marvel may have plans on revamping the Eternals with Hickman being the Uni-Mind ... see what I did there? I guess that makes sense as Marvel is prepping for an Eternals movie and he could do a grand, FF cosmic style story. Heck, maybe the FF would even get to be involved so I could get some good FF writing and maybethatwouldleadtosomeonetakingovertheFFandiwouldbesohappyaboutthatthatIwould ... *pant,pant*

Sorry

So, yeah, what would you like to see Hickman do if not X-Men (or the FF  Angry)?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 02:48:30 AM »

Man, Hickman on the X-Men? Wow.

How did I miss this thread yesterday??

OH MAN THAT WOULD BE SO AMAZING!!!

And talk about an epic run for the X-Men.  First you crush me with the LoSH not happening.  Then you back up and drive over me again with a tease like that.

And yeah, Eternals probably won't suck either.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 11:38:23 PM »

So many threads I want to hit, but for now ....

Looks like they gave a sneaky answer to the "Hickman will not be doing any comic with "Ex" in the name of the comic. We all assumed that was no "X" anything, but if you take the C and say it is pronounced "Ten" as in the Roman Numeral, then it all works out fine doesn't it?

So yeah,

Hickman on what they say is the next big X-Man thing since the Giant Size, Jim Lee's #1, Apocalypse and Grant Morrison.

Coming in July ...

And Hickman says everything in that pic is there FOR A REASON
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 03:41:12 AM »

We all assumed that was no "X" anything, but if you take the C and say it is pronounced "Ten" as in the Roman Numeral, then it all works out fine doesn't it?

Ok. I know I’m drunk. But still. This sentence makes absolutely no sense.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 08:50:21 AM »

We all assumed that was no "X" anything, but if you take the C and say it is pronounced "Ten" as in the Roman Numeral, then it all works out fine doesn't it?

Ok. I know I’m drunk. But still. This sentence makes absolutely no sense.

Grin

Didn't help I was messed up when I wrote it as well  Grin that "C" was suppose to be an X  Grin

Basically just trying to express what Bleeding Cool said when they wrote that Marvel had stated that Hickman was not on any book with an X in the title ... as in the sound "X" makes ... "EX" and what Marvel did was say that the "X" (or as I wrote it later ..."C" by mistake instead of "X" as the letter "C" is right beside the letter "X" on the keyboard.) is pronounced "ten" as in the Roman Numeral "X" and so Hickman is NOT on an "EC" book, but a "Ten" book
(even though I typed "C" which would've been pronounced "one hundred")
 Cheesy
More confused now?
 Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2019, 05:06:13 PM »

Hickman is a damn good reason to read an X book again

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS