HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:22:08 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Current Reading List March 2019  (Read 3450 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: March 14, 2019, 09:27:50 PM »

We haven't done this in awhile.  I'm curious as to what everyone is currently following regularly.

Here's my list - the things I try to keep up with month to month or as collected editions come out.  Basically the things I'm "current" on (doesn't include re-reads).  Probably explains why my backlog is so big.

DC Comics
Batman
Deathstroke
Doomsday Clock
Freedom Fighters
Heroes In Crisis
Justice League Dark - May drop
The Flash
The Green Lantern - May drop
Action Comics
Detective Comics - adding back in depending on #1000
The Wild Storm (in collected form)

Dark Horse Comics
Black Hammer '45
Black Hammer Age of Doom
Umbrella Academy (Six issue mini - waiting on issue 6 to release)

Image Comics
Ascender - Sequel to Descender; hasn't started yet
ADD:  Birthright (left off by accident)
Black Monday Murders
Black Science
Criminal
Die
Die!Die!Die!
East of West - Final Arc starts with issue 43
The Fix (waiting on last issue to release)
Gideon Falls
Hit Girl: Season 2
ISOLA
Kick-Ass (in collected form)
Lazarus
Low
Oblivion Song
Prodigy
Redneck
Saga (currently on hiatus)
Seven to Eternity (currently on hiatus)
Thief of Thieves (waiting on last issue to release)
The Walking Dead
The Wicked + The Divine (Issue 45 is last issue of series)

Marvel Unlimited
Ant Man & the Wasp
Astonishing X-Men
Avengers
Cloak & Dagger
Daredevil
Death of Inhumans
Doctor Strange
Domino
Extermination
Fantastic Four
Hunt for Wolverine: Dead Ends
Immortal Hulk
Infinity Wars
Jessica Jones
Marvel 2-In-One
Mr. and Mrs. X
Multiple Man
New Mutants: Dead Souls
Old Man Hawkeye
Old Man Logan
Quicksilver No Surrender
Sentry
Thor
Venom
West Coast Avengers
X-Men Gold
X-Men Grand Design - Second Genesis

Valiant Comics
Blood Shot: Rising Spirit
The Forgotten Queen
Incursion
The Life and Death of Toyo Harada
X-O Manowar

Abstract Studios
Strangers in Paradise (in collected form)

Aftershock Comics
A Walk Through Hell
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 07:30:56 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 02:00:21 AM »

I'll respond later, but all I saw from you list was 'Life and Death of Toyo Harada' and I JUST WANT TO READ THAT ALL RIGHT NOW!!! I LOVE THAT CHARACTER!! I'M 6 YEARS BEHIND ON VALIANT ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 02:49:52 AM »

I'll respond later, but all I saw from you list was 'Life and Death of Toyo Harada' and I JUST WANT TO READ THAT ALL RIGHT NOW!!! I LOVE THAT CHARACTER!! I'M 6 YEARS BEHIND ON VALIANT ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Cheesy - Issue 1 just came out this month and it's $4.99.  I'm anxious to jump on it but I'm going to wait 30 days for the $1 price drop.  I'm dying to read it but I'll be a month behind on it at that price.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 03:28:10 PM »

Just saw recent creative Line-Ups from a Valiant meeting and I think my fears have been lessened.

I am liking the looks of some of the stuff they have in the pipeline.

Soooo damn happy about that.

And yes, I will be back later with my reading list, but I have to be ... selective as I really do jump around a lot.
 Grin

EDIT - HERE is one bit of news (and I do hate that X-O is relaunching (not in story, I don't think  Grin)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 03:31:41 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 06:46:40 PM »

Okay, This is not going to be a long list as I do jump around so much, plus ... I guess I add the ones I wait to read large chunks of as well? I mean, I do read them, just not monthly. I guess I will mark the ones I read monthly, as they would be the less of the two options, compared to the ones I read in chunks  Grin

(* = denotes read, or at least try to read, the week it hits, others I read when I feel I'm in the mood for that title)

Oh, and Jeff, Lazarus Risen, Lasarus part three from Rucka, starts next week I think  Wink

Marvel Comics

*Amazing Spider-Man
*Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man (The best Spider-Man start in years!)
#Avengers
*Avengers No Road Home
*Conan the Barabarian
*Savage Sword of Conan
*Invaders
*Guardians of the Galaxy
*West Coast Avengers
Asgardians of the Galaxy
Captain America
Dr. Strange
Fantastic Four  Cry
Immortal Hulk
Marvel Comics Presents
Punisher
Thor
Venom
Jessica Jones
Winter Soldier
Uncanny X-Men
Wolverine and the Infinity Watch
X-Force?
Star Wars: Dr Aphra
Star Wars

DC Comics

*Aquaman
*Batman
*Detective Comics
*Justice League (No matter how much I try not to  Cheesy)
*Action Comics
*Justice League Dark
*Wildstorm
*Freedom Fighters
*Electric Warriors
*Flash? I guess
Adventures of the Super-Sons
The Batman Who Laughs
Doomsday Clock
Heroes in Crisis
Female Furies
Deathstroke
Superman
Supergirl

Other Publishers
*Black Hammer: Age of Doom
*Black Hammer '45
*Ice Cream Man
*Isola
*Section Zero (starts soon!)
*A Walk Through Hell
*Red Sonja
X-O Manowar
Toyo Harada
Incursion
Alien 3
Alien Resistance
Fight Club 3
Criminal
Curse Words
Die
Die!Die!Die!
Gideon Falls
Middlewest
Seven to Eternity
Umbrella Academy: Hotel Oblivion
LoEG: Tempest

Things I Read But Way Behind On

Birthright
Saga
East of West
Black Science
Deadly Class
Papergirls
Wicked and Divine
Uber: Invasion
Babyteeth
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Not as short as I thought. No wonder I can't gain traction
 Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 07:30:10 PM »

Oh, and Jeff, Lazarus Risen, Lasarus part three from Rucka, starts next week I think  Wink

Birthright

Yep - I'm ready for Lazarus to be back!

Oh dang - I left Birthright off my list!  I'll go  back and add it.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2019, 01:34:36 AM »

Reading....as to what I'm actually buying...

DC Comics
Justice League
Aquaman
DeathstrokeThe Green Lantern
Hawkman
Shazam (as of issue 3!)
Adventures of the Super Sons
Doomsday Clock
Heroes in Crisis
(**For my own commentary...a pretty sad list. Justice League is still twice monthly, I believe, where I get to see all my favorite heroes. I've cut back on Flash (was poor, or not rising above poor when I was interested; WW I wasn't sure when the actual full time writer came on...and if it's the one I'm thinking of, I'm not too keen on her, and of course obligatory DAMN YOU BENDIS for my Superman books. Also, 3 of my books here have a limited time threshold for being on this list, as they have finite ends, and Shazam isn't rocking my world. As I'm in a money crunch, I guess I see no other reason to really add on. I always figure I can read Batman whenever...I just don't know why I'm not motivated to do it now, what with Tom King being on the title for so long. )

Others
Birthright-no new trade in sight. Brief hiatus or something. I think I read it would be October before I got volume 7. OH well.
Seven to Eternity -whenever the next trade drops...in the next 8-9 months...I'll get it
East of West-countdown to the finale!
Copperhead -behind
Black Hammer -behind
Black Magick - behind
Descender -behind, but...I've not been into the book when I was reading through volume 4. Went cool for my interest. Got one in library to read yet

VALIANT
*behind like, 5 years on!!!
Ninjak
Bloodshot Salvation
X-manowar
Anything with Toyo
Harbinger War II
Livewire
Faith
Generation Zero

What I read...

MARVEL Unlimited
Thor I HATE YOU DEL MUNDO
Immortal Hulk
Amazing Spider-man
Peter Parker, Spectacular Spider-man
The Punisher
Deadpool
Captain America
Avengers
(after this, I read a bunch of stuff. Only getting back to reading any X books with X-termination. Multiple Man has been fun, as has Deadpool Assassin. Infinity Wars I feel pretty cool on, to be honest. I'll look at Captain Marvel, Cosmic Ghost Rider, um...and just stuff, I guess. If it's been there for 3 months, and I keep skipping it for the new weekly releases, I've been deleting it instead. I'm looking at you, Venom First host.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2019, 02:35:14 AM »

Copperhead -behind

I had forgotten about this and was afraid I have been missing it.  The last issue I read was issue 19 which teased "Next Month in issue 20!"   That was June 2018.  No issue 20 yet nor even solicited that I know of.

If it's been there for 3 months, and I keep skipping it for the new weekly releases, I've been deleting it instead. I'm looking at you, Venom First host.

LOL.  Of course, I just added Venom First Host to my reading list yesterday.   Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2019, 05:19:36 PM »

Copperhead -behind

I had forgotten about this and was afraid I have been missing it.  The last issue I read was issue 19 which teased "Next Month in issue 20!"   That was June 2018.  No issue 20 yet nor even solicited that I know of.

Well, there goes that hurry to read and catch up. The same is occurring with Birthright, right now, since I collect that in trade, I know nothing comes before October this year since it's being optioned out for movie/TV media by Williamson.

If it's been there for 3 months, and I keep skipping it for the new weekly releases, I've been deleting it instead. I'm looking at you, Venom First host.

LOL.  Of course, I just added Venom First Host to my reading list yesterday.   Cheesy

I put it on there, thinking, maybe, maybe I'd try it? LOL I just don't think so. Grin

Also, I left off Morning Glories since Spencer seems to have given up on that (in my estimation) since there is no talk of anything for third season/year, and there is nothing listed anywhere to collect the last 12 issues into an oversized deluxe hardcover (how I was collecting/reading it).

THAT is why I sometimes pretend to shy away from creator work-because it can fizzle out or just get lost. Although, my first experience with it was Battle Chasers, so I got burned right away and have just always been leary about it now!  Cheesy Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS