HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:20:04 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, February 27, 2019  (Read 5949 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2019, 05:23:05 PM »

So what I'm hearing is that I don't need to buy this arc after all as it doesn't really lead up to issue #1000?

I don't want to say I am 100% sure they are not going to go back and tie into the last 5 or 6 issues, but I highly doubt they will. This past arc was an arc that has a definitive beginning and ending to it and should not be involved with issue #1000 at all. Not needed. Totally skip-able

But I should go ahead and get it because it's good?

It was good, at least the first two or three issues were, but I am not sure the ending justified the entire thing. Let me say this, I did enjoy it,thought it was "kind of" cool even, but I wouldn't have suffered not reading it. And it is an arc that would probably not stand on its own as a trade. Could they trade it? Yeah, sure. But I don't think it would sell too highly. But again, it is good, just not THAT good. For me. Tough call. Your mileage may vary
  Grin
I would say skip it, honestly. Easier for me just to tell you what happened. A lot cheaper too. Hahaha, let me know if you want to know and I will spill
 Smiley

Ha ha ha.  This was assuming I’d have to pay full price.

ComiXology put the whole arc on sale today for $1.69 per issue.  Yep, I bought it.  I’m more accepting of the risk at that price.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2019, 09:13:34 PM »

ComiXology put the whole arc on sale today for $1.69 per issue.  Yep, I bought it.  I’m more accepting of the risk at that price.

Well in that case, enjoy (Hopefully)
 Grin

Finished a couple more last night, and just go back from the LCS and boy are my arms tired! (wait, no, sorry wrong punch line)

As for what I was able to get to -

Justice League Dark #8
Action Comics #8
Aquaman #45
Green Lantern #4
Batman #65
Flash #65

Freedom Fighters #3
Justice League #18
Detective Comics #999

Friendly N.hood Spider-Man #3
X-Force #3
Marvel Knights 20th #6

Alien 3 (Gibson's Script) #3
Black Hammer: AoD #8
Middlewest #1 - Skottie Young's newest fantasy book. Pretty good
Ice Cream Man #9
Ice Cream Man #10
- Man, not sure why I ever thought about dropping this. I like this Twilight Zone type thing.
Umbrella Academy: Dallas tpb - I had to burn through this puppy after I finished the last episode of the Netflix show a couple nights ago. Enjoy both, greatly, and for different reasons. So much is different, but yeah, I really like both.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS