HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:06:56 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Legion of Super-Heroes  (Read 69699 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #195 on: January 07, 2020, 01:00:25 AM »

Ugh, hate that guy, but ... I need to find my list, but I think I have him at #47 actually. I have to double check

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #196 on: January 13, 2020, 10:07:32 PM »

Comet Queen

Home world: Extal Colony
Powers: Space flight, comet gas extrusion.
First appeared in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 2, #304 (October 1983) as a student at the Legion Academy.
Joined between Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 6, #16 (October 2011) and Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 7, #1 (November 2011).
Comet Queen was created by Paul Levitz and Keith Giffen

Origin & History
A teenager from the planet Quaal-III, Grava was starstruck by the Legion and hoped to join by replicating the original powers of Star Boy. Taking her star-ship on an intercept course with the closest comet, Grava jumped through its tail naked and came out mutated with different powers than she had hoped for. This did not detour her and Grava bid her time, and built up some credits, to fly off to Earth and set out to prove herself worthy of Legion membership.

Many years before, Bouncing Boy appeared as part of a good will tour at the Spiral Arm Colony. There, he met a strange alien girl calling herself Comet Queen. Comet Queen wanted to join the Legion of Super-Heroes, but Bouncing Boy had difficulty understanding her unending use of slang terminology. To prove herself worthy of Legionnaire status, Comet Queen took off towards the Lava Seas in search of the mythical remains of the alleged natives of Quaal-III. Bouncing Boy bounced off after her, afraid that the region would be too dangerous for the overzealous girl. He eventually caught up with her, but the two became trapped inside of an active volcano. Bouncing Boy tried to stop her before she hurt herself, but they both ended up stuck in a volcanic vent. Bouncing Boy told Grava to use her powers to emit fumes and short out the vent's circuits. After this incident, Bouncing Boy invited Grava to join the Legion Academy, and she accepted exuberantly, taking the moniker Comet Queen.

After the events of Legion Lost, the Legion found itself severely shorthanded. Seeking to fill ranks, the Legion pulled the entire senior class out of the Legion Academy and brought them into the Legion proper. Comet Queen was one of these inductees, along with Chemical Kid, Dragonwing, Glorith & Harmonia. After a couple issues she betrayed the Legion to their enemies the Dominators. The book got canceled before the story line got resolved.

On your list of favorite Legionnaires where does Comet Queen land?  For me she lands at #42 and is the last member I really know anything about.  The last four I only vaguely recognize.      

What's your opinion of Comet Queen?

*Above info found on Comicvine and Wikipedia.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #197 on: January 21, 2020, 09:20:05 PM »

Chemical Kid

Home world: Phlon
Powers: Catalyze chemical reactions.
First appeared in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 6, #6 (December 2010) as a student at the Legion Academy.
Joined between Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 6, #16 (October 2011) and Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 7, #1 (November 2011).
Chemical Kid created by Paul Levitz and Phil Jimenez

Origin & History
Hardu Jamik's father, a wealthy businessman on his homeworld of Phlon, synthesized the abilities of the deceased Legionnaire known as Chemical King. Mr Jamik used his own son as a guinea pig with successful result in order to allow his son to play super-hero and become famous. Chemical Kid enrolled at the Legion Academy with the goal to become a famous Legionnaire. He quickly garnered a reputation amongst the staff for being spoiled and a troublemaker for constantly disobeying orders to go out and spend his father's money.

On a joyride back home to Phlon, Hadru and his classmates helped rescue his father from the villain Black Mace and defeated another Phlon resident who had stolen Mr. Jamik's work to give herself Chemical King powers as well. He is closest to fellow student Dragonwing and has used his abilities in conjunction with the mystical Glorith to actually remove the aforementioned super villainess' powers.

Following the presumed death of seven Legionnaires, Chemical Kid and his remaining classmates in the Legion Academy are bumped up to active Legionnaire status with little notice.

On your list of favorite Legionnaires where does Chemical Kid land?  For me he lands at #43.  For me, he lands toward the bottom only because I know very little about him and have not read the stories he was in.      

What's your opinion of Chemical Kid?

*Above info found on Comicvine and Wikipedia.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #198 on: January 22, 2020, 01:02:08 PM »

Had to look for it, but I found it!

Okay, its all pretty much a jumble from here. I've got so many crossed out names and numbers moved on this sheet of paper that I can't make anything out clearly.
 Cheesy
They are all, from #41 and down just a crap shoot anyway. Only reason Earth-Man isn't last on my list is there is a costume I hate more
 Cheesy
Hell, Chemical Kid is only so high because I can picture Perez drawing him.
 Cheesy

So ...
Earth-Man #48
Comet Queen #42
Chemical Kid #43
(Hey!! these last two exactly the same as Jeff)

#01 - Phantom Girl
#02 - Cosmic Boy
#03 - Mon-El
#04 - Brainiac 5
#05 - Wildfire
#06 - Dawny
#07 - Chameleon Boy
#08 - Sun Boy
#09 - Star Boy
#10 - Element Lad
#11 - Polar Boy
#12 - Shrinking Violet
#13 - Ultra Boy
#14 - Blok
#15 - Lightning Lad
#16 - Timber-Wolf
#17 - Shadow Lass
#18 - Duplicate Girl
#19 - Colossal Boy
#20 - Saturn Girl
#21 - Karate Kid
#22 - Quislet
#23 - Dream Girl
#24 - Tellus
#25 - Light/Lightning Lass
#26 - Supergirl
#27 - Princess Projectra/Sensor Girl
#28 - Night Girl
#29 - Superboy
#30 - White Witch
#31 - Invisible Kid II
#32 - Tyroc
#33 - Bouncing Boy
#34 - Gates
#35 - XS
#36 - Magnetic Kid
#37 - Chemical King
#38 - Invisible Kid
#39 - Matter-Eater Lad
#40 - Ferro Lad
#41 - Rond Vidar (GL)
#42 - Comet Queen
#43 - Chemical Kid
#44 - Chameleon Girl
#45 - Karate Kid II
#46 -
#47 -
#48 - Earth-Man
#49 -

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #199 on: January 22, 2020, 05:19:07 PM »

If not Earth-Man, who is your least favorite, if not reviled, legionnaire Perry?

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #200 on: January 22, 2020, 08:51:13 PM »

Well, I suppose he is my least favorite that I have read, I guess, in truth, but I really, really hate ... and spoilers ...  Cheesy ...  that whole idea and look of Dragonwing. Despise it. I know nothing of her, but I even hate her "real"' name. Blah!! But splitting hairs from 40 down, really, as I don't remember too much of anyone from that number and below. I mean I "remember" some of them, barley, but I either never read a story with them or I have forgotten all about most of them.
 Undecided

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #201 on: January 29, 2020, 12:26:27 AM »

Glorith II

Home world: Unknown
Powers: Manipulation of mystical energies.
First appeared in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 6, #6 (December 2010) as a student at the Legion Academy.

Origin & History
The current Glorith is a young woman whose background remains a mystery. She has said that she was "chosen as a babe to serve the light" and has no memory or images of her parents, but due to her magical abilities was apprenticed on Sorcerer's World. The Black (formerly White) Witch took her under her wing and aware that she had a destiny to fulfill, sent her to study at the Legion Academy.

Glorith, a simple girl who had not extensively traveled, marveled at Earth's technology, but disliked the lack of ritual and courtesy. When her fellow cadets went to Phlon to fight Black Mace and his cronies, she followed, and was helped remotely by the Black Witch with extra magical energies. Coming home, the Academy was attacked by Chemical King and her fellow cadet Variable Lad was killed. One of Glorith's magical creations killed the villain in turn. These events would haunt her for a long time.

Under still unknown circumstances, Glorith was one of the cadets awarded full Legion membership when several Legionnaires were lost to the time stream and presumed dead. Brainiac 5 immediately put her magic to work trying to break the time barrier, to no avail. She was last seen fighting the Fatal Five, collaborating with her mentor to take Validus out of the equation.

In the fourth volume of the Legion, Glorith was a powerful time manipulator who screwed with the Legion (and their continuity). So when this character showed up in volumes six and seven, timid and unsure, it seemed the groundwork was being laid for her to grow into the platinum haired meglomaniac LSH fans knew and (sorta) loved. That is, until the Legion's comic was cancelled.

On your list of favorite Legionnaires where does Glorith II land?  For me she lands at #41.  She's at the bottom for me because I really know nothing about her other than she was raised by Blok and Black Witch, two of my favorite legionnaires.      

What's your opinion of Glorith II?

*Above info found on Legion of Super-bloggers and Wikipedia.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #202 on: January 29, 2020, 02:29:45 PM »

Again, not really much to say here ...
She slides in at #47
 Undecided

And heck, as I already gave up my #48 in an earlier post and only one of this era's Legion remains after that, I am going ahead and filling in my list now with Harmonia coming in at the #46 spot, above Glorith only due to the look!  Grin
(Now I need to decide if I am going to get the current Legion, issue #3 ... from last week or a week ago ... or not  Undecided I do miss the Legion and I hear this issue was a little better than the first two, but ... maaaaannnnn  Undecided)

#01 - Phantom Girl
#02 - Cosmic Boy
#03 - Mon-El
#04 - Brainiac 5
#05 - Wildfire
#06 - Dawny
#07 - Chameleon Boy
#08 - Sun Boy
#09 - Star Boy
#10 - Element Lad
#11 - Polar Boy
#12 - Shrinking Violet
#13 - Ultra Boy
#14 - Blok
#15 - Lightning Lad
#16 - Timber-Wolf
#17 - Shadow Lass
#18 - Duplicate Girl
#19 - Colossal Boy
#20 - Saturn Girl
#21 - Karate Kid
#22 - Quislet
#23 - Dream Girl
#24 - Tellus
#25 - Light/Lightning Lass
#26 - Supergirl
#27 - Princess Projectra/Sensor Girl
#28 - Night Girl
#29 - Superboy
#30 - White Witch
#31 - Invisible Kid II
#32 - Tyroc
#33 - Bouncing Boy
#34 - Gates
#35 - XS
#36 - Magnetic Kid
#37 - Chemical King
#38 - Invisible Kid
#39 - Matter-Eater Lad
#40 - Ferro Lad
#41 - Rond Vidar (GL)
#42 - Comet Queen
#43 - Chemical Kid
#44 - Chameleon Girl
#45 - Karate Kid II
#46 - Harmonia
#47 - Glorith II
#48 - Earth-Man
#49 - Dragonwing

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #203 on: February 03, 2020, 09:33:59 PM »

Dragonwing

Home world: Earth
Powers: Fire breath and acid absorption.
Dragonwing was created by Paul Levitz  and Phil Jimenez

Origin & History
Little is known about Dragonwing's origins. She once mentioned that she "stole her fire from the Imperial Dragon's horde," which suggests her powers were not inborn, and she is native to China. At some point, she joined the Legion Academy, hoping to one day make it into the Legion, but dubious it would ever happen. She befriended Chemical Kid early and the two were prone to rebellion - joyriding, breaking curfew, shopping on the Kid's dad's account - and though grounded, they nevertheless went to Phlon to help Chemical Kid's father against Black Mace, then fighting Cosmic King upon their return to save their teachers.

So it was perhaps less of a surprise than Dragonwing thought when, under still unknown circumstances, she was one of the cadets awarded full Legion membership when several Legionnaires were lost to the time stream and presumed dead. On her first mission, she was required to pretend to be Chemical Kid's lover, and was more game than he was. She held her own as well as any veteran, even though their foe turned out to be a Daxamite.

Upon coming home, Dragonwing discovers her missing sister has joined the criminal Red Dragon Clan. She clashes with their leader, Phoenix, and with the help of other Legionnaires, defeats him. Her sister is sent to jail. After this, Dragonwing served her Legion term without particular distinction.

On your list of favorite Legionnaires where does Dragonwing land?  For me she lands at #47.  She's at the bottom for me because, like Glorith II, I don't know anything about her.  She also doesn't seem very interesting.      

What's your opinion of Dragonwing?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #204 on: February 04, 2020, 07:07:58 PM »

Okay big guy, only one more remains, lets see that list of yours!
 Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #205 on: February 10, 2020, 08:47:36 PM »

And here she is....the last member of the Legion of Super-Heroes!  (The real one).......

Harmonia

Home world: Earth
Powers: Elemental.
First appeared in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 6, #1 (July 2010).
Harmonia Li was created by Paul Levitz and Yildiray Cinar.

Origin & History
Harmonia Li is originally a resident of Earth, specifically from China. Her true age is unknown, though she tends to speak of herself as if she is centuries old. At some point in the past, Harmonia's wisdom allowed her to live in a place called "Utopia" where the wisest and immortal lived. Her elemental powers originated from an unknown source or perhaps she was born with them.

She has been a professor of temporal mechanics for some time, having taught Cicadia Senius who in turn was the teacher to Legionnaire Brainiac 5. For reasons unknown, she has high disregard for the Guardians of Oa and by extension, the legacy of the Green Lantern Corps. Harmonia Li is working at the newly established Time Institute on Titan when foolish coworkers of hers tried to view the dawn of creation, creating an energy backlash that destroyed Titan. Harmonia fled with the survivors, arriving on Earth and affiliating with them. Due to this alliance, Harmonia was able to enlist the Legionnaires in helping save her compatriots on "Utopia" from being destroyed by Saturn Queen and her Legion of Super-Villains. Upon their defeat, Harmonia elects to join the Legion and is approved in the wake of several Legionnaires believed dead.

On your list of favorite Legionnaires where does Harmonialand?  For me she lands at #47.         

What's your opinion of Harmonia?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #206 on: February 10, 2020, 09:55:57 PM »

I can't believe it's already been 49 weeks since we started this.  Seems like just yesterday and here almost a year has gone by.  And somewhere in there we got the New Legion series that we were asking for.  Well, we got A Legion series.  It certainly isn't the one we were asking for.  Especially true to me as I've gone through this re-acquaintance  with one of my favorite teams from yesteryear.

Here is how my list finalized out.  I'd probably move some around now that my memory has been jarred but still, this is pretty close to perfect.  I'd love to see everyone else's list (Perry's is already posted here).

Here's to hoping someone good brings this Legion back someday and retcon's Bendis' version out.   Grin

1   Wildfire
2   Dawnstar
3   Brainiac 5
4   Element Lad
5   Mon-El
6   Chameleon Boy
7   Ultra Boy
8   Cosmic Boy
9   Star Boy
10   Dream Girl
11   Phantom Girl
12   Sun Boy
13   Shadow Lass
14   Lightning Lad
15   Saturn Girl
16   Ferro Lad
17   Sensor Girl
18   Timber Wolf
19   Polar Boy
20   Karate Kid
21   Blok
22   Shrinking Violet
23   Duplicate Damsel
24   Lightning Lass
25   Colossal Boy
26   Supergirl
27   White Witch/Black Witch
28   Night Girl
29   XS
30   Tyroc
31   Gates
32   Superboy
33   Chameleon Girl
34   Bouncing Boy
35   Invisible Kid
36   Invisible Kid II
37   Matter-Eater Lad
38   Tellus
39   Quislet
40   Green Lantern
41   Glorith II
42   Comet Queen
43   Chemical King
44   Magnetic Kid
45   Chemical Kid
46   Harmonia
47   Dragonwing
48   Karate Kid II
49   Earth-Man

« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 10:01:47 PM by Jeff » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS