HR Boards
November 20, 2019, 05:40:08 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker premieres December 20, 2019
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, January 23, 2019  (Read 2032 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2019, 11:19:44 AM »

Britannia:  Lost Eagles of Rome 1 - 4 - Eh.  Just ok, not great.  I wonít pickup anymore Britannia miniís.

Yep. No pull for me either
 Angry

ISOLA Vol 1 (Collects issues 1-5) - Iím sure Perry is scared to death I wonít like this.  But heís in luck! I like it!  Absolutely love the art. A littl Don Blume like but better.  Well thatís not completely correct.  It isnít cartoonish like that. Very sharp and clean yet mysterious.  Iím making no sense at all but the art makes the book.  This isnít something I would expect Perry to love so much, story-wise.  Iím seeing our friend in a whole new light.  Seems like we barely got started in these first five issues so Iím looking forward to the next one.

Great. Whew!
It was so hard to recommend this as it is so very, very, very decompressed. You just don't get a lot of story in each issue. Hell, you don't get a lot of story in each collection, but man that art. That art!!!!
Jeff, did that trade collect the pages that were originally in his Motor Crush title? It shows how the Queen ... got in her situation. If not, It should be in the second trade as they gave the issue away (the pages were collected in one issue later) with each purchase of issue #6. Hopefully the next trade will contain that and issues 6-10 for a similar price that you got this one for?  Grin Although that is doubtful.

One thing I thought was cool - the sound effects. Thought they were done an an original way.
 Grin

Also, Jeff or anyone else, are you guys having issues with this thread? I am having no issues anywhere else on this site, but when I click the "Weekly" thread, my computer locks up for about 6 seconds. Speakers make all kinds of weird noise and my mouse and keyboard lock. It has been happening for three days now, and again, no other thread on this site (or any other) except for the "Weekly" one. It is odd as hell
Huh
Could there be too much memory being taken up on this one thread? I don't know how that would work, but it is weird that it is only the Weekly thread, yeah?

And I see below we have been hit again!  Angry Maybe that has something to do with it?
 Angry
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2019, 12:04:20 PM »

This Jon is forever gone now for whatever bullshit you wanted to write.

But is he? What if, and I have no knowledge of this, but what if Bendis only has him age for one arc of one story?

And not to say I don't do the same thing because I do  Grin, but shouldn't we at lest wait to see what the writers plans are before we complain about what they are doing at the start of an arc?

I will keep my fingers crossed for this; truly!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2019, 02:59:13 PM »

Jeff, did that trade collect the pages that were originally in his Motor Crush title? It shows how the Queen ... got in her situation.

Yes it showed that flashback.  I can only assume that it was the Motor Crush pages as they don't tell you where one issue ends and the next begins.  The trade runs as one flowing story.  You can kind of tell by the big full page art that were probably covers or opening splash pages but that's all.  So those pages where that happened to the queen are just part of the normal flow of the trade.

And I see below we have been hit again!  Angry Maybe that has something to do with it?
 Angry

Yes.  My stupidity.   Angry
I forgot to to change a field to "Reject" and wound accepting a bunch of fake ID request.

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2019, 04:21:23 AM »

This Jon is forever gone now for whatever bullshit you wanted to write.

But is he? What if, and I have no knowledge of this, but what if Bendis only has him age for one arc of one story?

And not to say I don't do the same thing because I do  Grin, but shouldn't we at lest wait to see what the writers plans are before we complain about what they are doing at the start of an arc?

I will keep my fingers crossed for this; truly!!

You and me both, buddy as I feel the same way,  Undecided

But that is what I do believe (or maybe just hope) as it just wouldn't make any sense to do otherwise. There are waaaay too many stories to yet tell with not only the great duo that is he and Damien, but solo stories as well. And also now with Conner being back, there has to be a story there that will be told.

Again, I hope
 Undecided
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2019, 02:38:28 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Hunt for Wolverine: Claws of a Killer 2
Hunt for Wolverine: Claws of a Killer 3
Hunt for Wolverine: Mystery in Madripoor2
Hunt for Wolverine: Weapon Lost 3
Hunt for Wolverine: Admantium Agenda 3
Death of the Inhumans 1
Astonishing X-Men 13
Quicksilver: No Surrender 3
New Mutants:  Dead Souls 5
Domino 4
X-Men: Gold 32
Cable 159

DC Universe
Manhunter 35
Manhunter 36
Manhunter 37
Manhunter 38 - Last issue!

ComiXology
Batman 63
Freedom Fighters 2
Britannia:  Lost Eagles of Rome 1
Britannia:  Lost Eagles of Rome 2
Britannia:  Lost Eagles of Rome 3
Britannia:  Lost Eagles of Rome 4
Gideon Falls 9
ISOLA Vol 1 (Collects issues 1-5)
The Sixth Gun Vol 9 - Final Volume!  (Collects issues 48-50 - Wow! Issue 50 was 66 pages!)

Echo Vol 6:  Last Day - Final Volume!  (Collects issues 26-30 plus bonus material)

Re-REading:
Criminal Vol 2: Lawless  (Collects Criminal (2006) issues 6-10
Fell Vol 1: Feral City (Collects Fell issues 1-8)

The Sixth Gun Vol 9 - What a strange ending for this series.  Really went over the top.  I'm not sure what I think of how it ended.  Part of me is unsatisfied.  Part of me likes the bold ending.  Needs more pondering on my part.

I'm half way through Echo.  Not sure I'm going to get my "Re-Reads" done though.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 02:40:07 PM by Jeff » Logged

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2019, 07:44:07 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Hunt for Wolverine: Claws of a Killer 2
Hunt for Wolverine: Claws of a Killer 3
Hunt for Wolverine: Mystery in Madripoor2
Hunt for Wolverine: Weapon Lost 3
Hunt for Wolverine: Admantium Agenda 3
Death of the Inhumans 1
Astonishing X-Men 13
Quicksilver: No Surrender 3
New Mutants:  Dead Souls 5
Domino 4
X-Men: Gold 32
Cable 159

DC Universe
Manhunter 35
Manhunter 36
Manhunter 37
Manhunter 38 - Last issue!

ComiXology
Batman 63
Freedom Fighters 2
Britannia:  Lost Eagles of Rome 1
Britannia:  Lost Eagles of Rome 2
Britannia:  Lost Eagles of Rome 3
Britannia:  Lost Eagles of Rome 4
Gideon Falls 9
ISOLA Vol 1 (Collects issues 1-5)
The Sixth Gun Vol 9 - Final Volume!  (Collects issues 48-50 - Wow! Issue 50 was 66 pages!)
Echo Vol 6:  Last Day - Final Volume!  (Collects issues 26-30 plus bonus material)

Re-REading:
Criminal Vol 2: Lawless  (Collects Criminal (2006) issues 6-10
Fell Vol 1: Feral City (Collects Fell issues 1-8)

Echo Vol 6:  Last Day - That was fun and I like the way they connected this to the SIP characters.  Nice cameo with...
Tambi
 Thumbs up for this series.  It was a lot of fun and I really like the characters and the sci-fi aspect of it.

Criminal Vol 2: Lawless - Ahhhhh.  Just as good as I remembered it to be.  Tracy Lawless.  He is the bad a$$.

I started the Fell TPB and got through 2 issues or the 8.  Will have to finish that off on tomorrow's list.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 09:04:37 PM by Jeff » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2019, 05:29:31 AM »

*sigh*
Why do I even try to make a list?
 Cheesy
Started Freedom Fighters but started to fall asleep by page two. Not the books fault, just overly tired. And also, another reason I can't get through most of these lists I start, I added -

Old Man Hawkeye #9
Old Man Hawkeye #10
- Only two more issue to go. Wow, Moonstone!  Shocked
WildC.A.T.s #8 (original series)
WildC.A.T.s #9
WildC.A.T.s #10
WildC.A.T.s #11
- Jeez! Jim Lee used to cram shit on the page. This stuff is so hard to read visually because each panel, when there are panels, are jammed with waaay too much information. I had to jump back on this after reading Ellis' Wildstorm this month though. I do so much love this Universe.

Aquaman #44
Batman #62
Batman #63
Detective #995
Freedom Fighters #2
Heroes in Crisis #4
Electric Warriors #3
Shazam #2 - Ugh, this is just not good. I couldn't care less about any of these characters. I'm done.
Wildstorm #19 - Oh crap, if this titles was only selling better I bet we would get an Authority mini out of it.
That is what Ellis is hitting us with now. And with an updated look for Midnighter and Apollo. I don't mind it, but with Apollo no longer having blonde hair it takes a little bit of the whole Sun thing away from him. I mean it's cool and all, but his blonde hair was almost a major aspect of the character ... kinda. Ya know?

War is Hell #1 - I can't find this darn book. I must have left it at the shop. I hope!  Embarrassed Angry
Man Without Fear #4
Marvel Knights 20th #5
Amazing Spider-Man #13
Crypt of Shadows #1
Guardians of the Galaxy #1
Friendly Neighborhood Spidey #2
Old Man Hawkeye #6
Old Man Hawkeye #7
Old Man Hawkeye #8

Thor #1 (Re-read)
Asgardians of the Galaxy #5
Avengers #13 - A one-shot story of the "first" Iron Fist. The
Mephisto
stuff was cool, other than that, meh. That art by Sorrentino was, as always, sweet as hell and just makes the McGuinness art that much tougher to get through when it is his turn. Again, I like his art, but not with Jason Aaron's style. Same with Del Mundo. I enjoy the look, at times, but just not with Jason Aaron's style of writing.

Criminal #1
Die #2
Die!≥ #5  
Die!≥ #6
Die!≥ #7
Babyteeth #14
Walk Through Hell #7
Isola #6

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS