HR Boards
January 19, 2019, 05:51:00 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The New Mutants premieres in theaters August 2, 2019!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, January 16, 2019  (Read 96 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2019, 08:07:28 AM »

Punisher 227 - still cool stuff. Can't believe I enjoy War Machine Frank so much!

Scarlet Spider 20-21 - okay, seriously why is this being published? Why am I still reading it? It's so pedestrian...like the 5th monthly Spider-man title back in the 90s.

Deadpool 1-2 -Hey! I'm liking the new writer actually! AFter Duggan's 10 years, that's a hard follow up!

Doctor Strange 1-3 - Hey Mark Waid can write books that I still enjoy!! What a weird thing of 'magic hunting in space' but man, it's cool to see right now.

Immortal Hulk 2 - heh heh, old Tales from the Crypt type storytelling. Cool thing here. Love the monster that is Hulk

Tony Stark: Iron Man 1- it continues the narrative, that is firmly in place, that all Stark tech is magic, unlimited, and easy to make. I know that this is the norm, but when it's too...'big' then I lose the narrative and fall away from the story.

Darkhawk Infinity 1-4- what big goofy stuff, with big notes on Shi'ar origin that won't mean anything past these 4 issues

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2019, 01:10:06 PM »

Doctor Strange 3 - Another good issue.  A bit surprised Strange did...what he did (Don't want to spoil).  Me thinks that will come back to haunt him later.

Not to push a spoiler on you, but ...  Grin

I knew it!!

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2019, 07:13:20 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Ant-Man & the Wasp 2
Ant-Man & the Wasp 3
Avengers 3
Avengers 4
Daredevil 604
Daredevil 605
Old Man Logan 42
Old Man Logan 43
X-Men Gold 30
X-Men Gold 31
Doctor Strange 3
Immortal Hulk 2

DC Universe[/u]
Manhunter 31
Manhunter 32
Manhunter 33
Manhunter 34

ComiXology
Justice League Dark 7
The Sixth Gun: Dust to Death TPB
Echo TPB Vol 5: Black Hole

Umbrella Academy Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite
CRIMINAL, VOL. 1: COWARD

Manhunter 34 - Heading towards the final four issues.  Interesting that this problem never goes away.  I'm offended by the way they cast my fellow Texans but it only strengthens my belief that nobody wants to listen to the other side of any issue these days.

Justice League Dark 7 - Nice homage to the old horror comic books with Man-Bat acting as the narrator.  I keep thinking I want to drop this but somehow get pulled back in.

The Sixth Gun: Dust to Death TPB - Interesting backstory to the Indians and to Billjohn.  Man, Billjohn.

Echo TPB Vol 5: Black Hole - This is such a great series.  I can't believe there's only one more trade left for me to read and then it's over.  I will miss these characters.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 08:20:57 PM by Jeff » Logged

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS