HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:16:20 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Avatar of the week  (Read 63085 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2019, 05:13:14 PM »

Mister Number 2?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2019, 05:14:06 PM »

Love Mirror Master!  I’m not even going to hide this one. Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2019, 03:26:34 PM »

Shockingly, Jeff nailed this one without any problem  Grin

= 

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #108 on: March 20, 2019, 02:55:13 AM »

Just realized I haven't guessed your latest Avatar yet.

Let's see.  Early Green Lantern which means early 1960's.  Lot's of mad scientist stuff back then.

Ok...I'll take a wild guess...

Hector Hammond?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #109 on: March 20, 2019, 10:37:36 AM »

Nice try and I didn't even think about him.
Sadly, Hector is not in my top 50 ... or top 100 for that matter (and neither is the Leader. I guess I just don't like big heads  Cheesy)

But I like that you went out of the box a tad. Now grab a towel, dry off and get back in that box ... right to the "cen"ter in fact

Man, I am reaching with that one
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #110 on: March 20, 2019, 04:13:35 PM »

But I like that you went out of the box a tad. Now grab a towel, dry off and get back in that box ... right to the "cen"ter in fact

Ok.  Now that gives me a couple of new guesses.

My first thought is Kronos but I'm betting your thinking of the Guardians as villains.  I'll go with the Guardians

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #111 on: March 20, 2019, 04:23:56 PM »

Cheesy

Okay now, let's try this again .... sound out the part of my last post that is in quotes.... "cen" and count that as the first syllable in this three syllable name ... even though I think it is more like only the first two letters in "Ce"nter

Cheesy Cheesy
That isn't confusing at all.
 Cheesy Grin Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #112 on: March 20, 2019, 04:58:40 PM »

I couldn't pick that!  It would be  too obvious!  Doh!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #113 on: March 20, 2019, 05:06:39 PM »

Ok I'll say it then
Sinestro!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2019, 11:32:02 AM »

Grin

YAY!!!

=  

Edit - to add

And I have decided to skip the next two covers as they each just showcase the non-hero answer on the cover, making this less than an interesting guessing game and more of an easy as hell "I spy"  Cheesy.

Case in point, and one of my favorite non-hero characters ... could you possibly not instantly guess who this one was? I think not
 Grin

Or this one even?

Yeah, skipping those
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 11:40:09 AM by Perry » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #115 on: March 21, 2019, 04:43:15 PM »

"Doctor."

"Doctor. Doctor."

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2019, 05:26:16 PM »

Hahaha
Spies Like US!!!

Doctor

EDIT - for mispelling "spies" first of all  Undecided Roll Eyes, but then to ask ... any guesses on this current avatar? Should I drop a clue right off the bat?
(None of that is a clue by the way)
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 05:48:10 PM by Perry » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2019, 06:32:51 PM »

I thought it was the
molecule man?

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2019, 10:44:53 PM »

So there's a few ways to go here for this weeks Avatar......

Since this is issue #2 it could be that this is where Loki showed up.  But is his first appearance in Avengers or Thor?  More likely in Thor.  Plus he probably showed up in issue 1 since he's the one who brought them together.
 Nope, not going to guess Loki.

Is it right there on the cover?  "See the New Giant-Man" - are you counting Hank Pym as a villain??  Doesn't matter though - as Hank Pym was in the first issue.  So no, not him either.

Space Phantom?  While I imagine this is his first appearance, I doubt he's on your list of favorite villains.  Nope.  Not him either.

So I'm betting that whoever it is, they show up at the end as the cliff hanger for next issue. 

Which means, I have no idea.  So I'm just going to make a wild guess.

Kang the Conqueror.  Only because he's been around a long time.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2019, 07:32:41 PM »

Both good guesses, but not quite there. This falls into one of those non-speaking answers as it is more of an inanimate object. Although a pretty big one.
 Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS