HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:06:48 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Avatar of the week  (Read 63082 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2019, 06:17:32 AM »

I cheated. I don't even know how I found that flash cover considering I couldn't read the issue number. And the cover totally does not help! Because this issue has
the first appearance of Captain Cold

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2019, 11:25:05 AM »

Yeah, that was a very hard cover and both Wringer and Jeff did a great job of summation by going the Abra Kadabra route with the way that hand is shown on the cover, looks like it even SHOULD have been him  Grin Cheesy Wink
So ---

=

And now, with almost perfect timing with Jeff starting his Legion thread  Wink, How's about this one?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2019, 04:21:35 PM »

I think that was Jedi not wringer.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2019, 05:15:03 PM »

And now, with almost perfect timing with Jeff starting his Legion thread  Wink, How's about this one?

Isnt that just
1st appearance of the Legion?

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2019, 05:16:34 PM »

I think that was Jedi not wringer.

Crap
I knew I should have looked at that first
 Angry

Sorry Jedi. My bad.  Embarrassed
Tell ya what, due to my screw up in calling you someone else, you get a free guess on this one now  Smiley  Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2019, 05:20:24 PM »

And now, with almost perfect timing with Jeff starting his Legion thread  Wink, How's about this one?

Isnt that just
1st appearance of the Legion?

Yes it is, that is true enough, however there are no heroes on this list. So while you are correct, you are also close  Grin
In-fact, I do believe the answer, along with the original Legion, is also in the pic. If I'm not mistaken
 Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2019, 05:44:27 PM »

Yes it is, that is true enough, however there are no heroes on this list. So while you are correct, you are also close  Grin
In-fact, I do believe the answer, along with the original Legion, is also in the pic. If I'm not mistaken
 Grin

*ahem*

Tongue Wink

First appearance of all things Legion! Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, and Lightning Boy before he became Lightning Lad! The clubhouse as well. But I no rings. (I have a DC essential with this issue, I believe. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2019, 07:10:59 PM »

*ahem*

Tongue Wink

First appearance of all things Legion!

Oh, trying to be a smarty are you?  Tongue

The clubhouse as well.

Well THAT is what I was going for
 Tongue
But not sure I could count it, with your attitude
 Wink Grin

Yes, that is the answer!
 Smiley

=

No way anyone is getting this next one!

*He says with full knowledge that we are getting close to a run where this kinda thing happens a lot. Characters are introduced on the covers. Like the next three in a row for example
 Angry

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2019, 08:16:39 PM »

I’m thinking you kind of told us.

Brainiac

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2019, 01:22:05 AM »

It's also the cover image of the DC showcase (ie their version of Marvel's Essentials) volume 1. Cheesy

What, I was just being coy, a little snarky even...barely even sarcastic!  Cool Cool Cheesy Cheesy

(I say with a laugh Smiley Smiley )

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2019, 01:26:48 AM »

Also, I LOVE that
'Brainiac' has become part of common vernacular and lexicon to mean a genius level person, and that it is also a way to cut a person down as well -"Okay, brainiac, what's you're great plan then?".

Not to mention that 'kryptonite' is also common vernacular to mean someone's weakness. I have heard it used in a football telecast!! I laughed so hard. Sure, earliest versions of this metaphor is appropriately 'Achilles' heel', but I love having 'kryptonite' be the next best thing!

I love Superman! I love comics!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2019, 06:17:06 PM »

Also, I LOVE that
'Brainiac' has become part of common vernacular and lexicon to mean a genius level person, and that it is also a way to cut a person down as well -"Okay, brainiac, what's you're great plan then?".

Not to mention that 'kryptonite' is also common vernacular to mean someone's weakness. I have heard it used in a football telecast!! I laughed so hard. Sure, earliest versions of this metaphor is appropriately 'Achilles' heel', but I love having 'kryptonite' be the next best thing!

Yeah, that is cool  Cool

I love Superman! I love comics!!

Oh do you now? All of them?
 Grin

And yes ...
Super hard one this week ... that's what she.... NO!!! NO DAMN IT!! Not on the opening week of Captain Marvel!!!!
 Grin

But yeah ...

= 

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2019, 09:34:50 PM »

And looks like this weeks is equally as difficult.

Mr Freeze

Am I hot or cold on this one?

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2019, 02:26:05 AM »

seems too easy.......

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2019, 10:52:54 AM »

And looks like this weeks is equally as difficult.

Mr Freeze

Am I hot or cold on this one?

Grin

seems too easy.......

Yeah, I know, but he is in my top 50 non-heroes so I had to put him in  Undecided There are a few of them, covers that feature the the answer, another right behind this one in-fact, but those darn comic guys introducing great new threats on the covers don't make this too hard at times.
 Cheesy

Tell ya what, bonus points for what his name was before Mr. Freeze
 Wink
I bet ya can't tell by looking at that cover now ...
 Grin

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS