HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:39:07 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Avatar of the week  (Read 63088 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2019, 10:09:43 AM »

So I woulda nailed it if you hadn’t screwed up?!?!!!   Cheesy

Exactly ... But ...
 Wink

And how about this one? Any guesses off hand? No way I would have guessed this one.

EDIT - Clue - I thought this first appearance would have been much later than this.
 Smiley

EDit 2 - Okay, that was NOT a clue, just a point of fact. Don't read into that at all. Again, not a clue. I realized I may have you guys thinking about time or something. Uh-Oh, now that is a clue. You can now surmise it has nothing to do with "time"
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 11:38:13 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2019, 02:30:31 PM »

Since I’ve been lucky twice I was too scared to guess so I looked it up.

Good one!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2019, 02:21:33 PM »

my guess is going to be.....

Amazo?  i almost said the riddler, but thought that would be in one of the regular bat books

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2019, 02:42:28 PM »

First time Superman met Robin?

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2019, 03:25:25 PM »

I'm afraid your both wrong but jedicow's second guess is in the right field.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2019, 04:00:23 PM »

Yep, and both of you had great guesses, and not to scare you but this is one that ya just never would expect to be so ... old, or at least I did not at least.
 Grin

I will wait one or two more days to see if Wringer or anyone else wants to throw a guess out there.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2019, 05:21:04 PM »

complete guess
Mister Mxyzptlk
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2019, 06:09:08 PM »

complete guess
Mister Mxyzptlk

MAN!! That is a good one.

But not that one either.

Looks like no-one is going to get lucky enough this week. I mean, let's be honest, these things are 99/99999% luck, especially when you go this far back in time, unless you are just a huge fan of whatever first appearance may be showing up.

And heck, lets end this one early and get to the 1st appearance for this week ....

=

I can't express how shocked I am that this characters first appearance was this far back.
Crazy.
On to another one ... a special edition!!! Happy guessing everyone!!
 Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2019, 09:41:11 PM »

I thought for sure someone would get our clues... Cheesy

Yep, and both of you had great guesses, and not to scare you but this is one that ya just never would expect to be so ... old, or at least I did not at least.
 Grin

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2019, 02:01:26 AM »

As for your current Avatar I'm racking my brain.  It has to be an old villain.  Could be someone working for the Nazi's but I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that could be German.  So I'm going to say the cover is a red herring and the story is probably in Metropolis.

I'm just going to take a HUGE shot in the dark and say......

The Toyman.  My first guess was Metallo thinking he might have something to do with the war.  But ultimately I went with the Toyman.

.... and really for no reason other than he's probably been around a long time.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 02:14:26 AM by Jeff » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2019, 11:08:20 AM »

I thought for sure someone would get our clues... Cheesy

Grin

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I just followed your lead on that one.  Cool Cool

I almost added "I don't want to leave you guys hanging ..."

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

But as for this guess ... a nice try  Smiley. And for the other guys just remember, I did say I may start adding some twists in  Wink, not that that makes it easier  Cheesy
(and as always, no heroes)

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2019, 01:57:56 AM »

total guess on my part also, but....

toyman?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2019, 02:45:52 AM »

toyman?

LOL Jedi - I know you didn't look at my guess.   Grin  We are both on the same track.  Too funny.     Smiley

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2019, 12:07:20 PM »

toyman?

LOL Jedi - I know you didn't look at my guess.   Grin  We are both on the same track.  Too funny.     Smiley

Wow, that's cool. You guys had a mind-meld going on there

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2019, 11:57:33 AM »

Okay, no more guesses so ... Calling this one done.

As I said, was going to start throwing in twists from time to time
 Grin

=

Yes, DC's first appearance of the completely stolen, DOC SAVAGE'S Fortress of Solitude  Angry

EDIT -

From 1942

From 1938

Just saying!!!
 Grin
(And yes, I stole the more current, Bantam cover for the Doc Savage image, as the original doesn't have the same, snotty little shit, impact that I was looking for)
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

EDIT 2 - Okay, it was bugging me. Here is the original, so I can add OCD to the "snotty little shit" description of me.
 Grin

« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 12:11:25 PM by Perry » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS