HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:26:11 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Avatar of the week  (Read 63097 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2019, 04:53:57 PM »

"Riddle me this ..."

Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2019, 02:59:35 PM »

Alrighty then, no other takers this week (and that's just sad guys  Cry) but maybe next week will bring more attention  Smiley
And yes, as Jeff so elegantly discovered ...

= 

A good one for this week and almost, ever so slightly, by only one way, in one manner, to this past weeks answer. And heck, in honor of this weeks answer, how about a tease ... and while this is not the answer ... what it is at it's base does rhyme with "You'll see".
 Grin

GL guys!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2019, 06:49:43 PM »

first appearance of Lucy Lane?

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2019, 10:19:39 PM »

Hmmmm.  How about...

You'll see.  Lucy?  Lucy Lane?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2019, 01:32:42 PM »

Both great guesses guys  Cool, but no.

EDIT-
Now that I am in the right darn thread ...

Hint 1 - Cash
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 02:04:22 PM by Perry » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2019, 07:09:49 PM »

first time Superman crushes coal into a diamond

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2019, 10:54:03 PM »

Below spoiler has the answer (so don't look if your still trying to guess) - I looked it up - but I have questions for Perry.

So it's Green Kryptonite.  But how does that rhyme with "You'll see"?  The other hint - Cash=Green.  I get that but stumped on the first clue.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2019, 11:14:21 PM »

Below spoiler has the answer (so don't look if your still trying to guess) - I looked it up - but I have questions for Perry.

So it's Green Kryptonite.  But how does that rhyme with "You'll see"?  The other hint - Cash=Green.  I get that but stumped on the first clue.

Ahhh, but I wasn't trying to make it easy.  Grin
As you will notice, in the clue I said "What it is, at it's base does rhyme with You'll see ... "
and what that is. at its base or its foundation is Kyrptonian "Debris", which does indeed rhyme with "You'll see"
Wink

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2019, 11:48:59 PM »

Ahhh, but I wasn't trying to make it easy.  Grin
As you will notice, in the clue I said "What it is, at it's base does rhyme with You'll see ... "
and what that is. at its base or its foundation is Kyrptonian "Debris", which does indeed rhyme with "You'll see"
Wink

Ah ha!  Ok that makes sense now.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2019, 09:11:08 PM »

Ah ha!  Ok that makes sense now.

Well, maybe not, but thanks for saying so anyway.
 Grin Grin

Trying to give clues without giving clues.
 Undecided

Yes,

= 

Grin
Now for one of my bestest villains!! He is certainly in my favorite 32 of all time
 Smiley

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2019, 03:38:07 AM »

i'm going with

Abra Kadabra?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2019, 01:59:05 PM »

i'm going with

Abra Kadabra?

Oh yeah, going by that cover that is a great shot.

Ummmm going to go think of yet another clue, other than the one I already gave in my first post on this cover ....  Wink

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2019, 05:42:55 PM »

How about

Abra Kadabra?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2019, 06:20:17 PM »

How about

Abra Kadabra?

I love it when you guys make it easy for me ... Great minds and all, I suppose
 Grin
But ...
Oh yeah, going by that cover that is a great shot.

Ummmm going to go think of yet another clue, other than the one I already gave in my first post on this cover ....  Wink

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2019, 08:20:47 PM »

Ah - yes - one of my all time fav's as well.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS