HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:56:24 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, December 26, 2018 - Last Comicbook Day of 2018!  (Read 7354 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2018, 09:31:50 PM »

Same here. I have never been a fan of Venom ... More than perhaps a passing interest before I left comics in the 90's, but this new series has been good.
For me at least.
 Grin
But the writer is one that I really enjoy so that helps, a lot. And having Stegman on the title done'st hurt either as far as I am concerned.

Funny though that I read issue #1 and thought "Yeah, it's okay" and moved on but that darn movie, that less than stellar but somehow still in my head movie, pushed me back into the title and now it is one I am looking more forward to reading than a lot of other comics.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2018, 10:27:03 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Dazzler: X-Song 1
Doctor Strange 1
Hunt for Wolverine: Weapon Lost 2
Immortal Hulk 1
Infinity Countdown 4
Domino #3
Hunt for Wolverine: Adamantium Agenda #2
Infinity Countdown: Darkhawk #2
Marvel 2-In-One Annual #1
New Mutants: Dead Souls #4
Old Man Logan #41
Quicksilver: No Surrender #2
Thor #1

ComiXology
Batman 61 - New Arc - and a nice hook.  I'm interested.
Black Hammer: Age of Doom 7
Black Hammer: Cthu-Louise
Quantum Age 5

Die 1  Wow.  I'm hooked on this! I love books where something bad happens then you jump 40 years into the future to try to find out what the heck happened and why are these folks so messed up.
Die!Die!Die! 5
Freedom Fighters 1  Wow - this is fun.  I'm on this title.
Hit Girl 9
Hit Girl 10
Kick-Ass 7
Kick-Ass 8
Kick-Ass 9
Kick-Ass 10
Prodigy 1  I like the hook.  Boy genius grows up and CIA needs him to head off possible invasion from a parallel dimension.  I bet things aren't as simple as they seem.
Redneck 17 - Not the best issue of the series but most wedding issues aren't.  Still like the series overall.
The Walking Dead 186  Well, I did not see that coming.  Looks like things are going to fall apart yet again for our post apocalyptic family.
The Wicked + The Divine 40 - I've actually become bored with this title but with only 5 more issues in the series I feel I need to finish it out and see how all this ends.

DC Universe
Manhunter 19
Manhunter 20
Manhunter 21
Manhunter 22
Manhunter 23
Manhunter 24

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2018, 10:33:14 PM »

Funny though that I read issue #1 and thought "Yeah, it's okay" and moved on but that darn movie, that less than stellar but somehow still in my head movie, pushed me back into the title and now it is one I am looking more forward to reading than a lot of other comics.

There's only three issues up so far on Marvel Unlimited.  I can certainly give that a try.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2019, 12:40:20 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Doctor Strange 1
Immortal Hulk 1
Infinity Countdown 4
Domino #3
Old Man Logan #41
Thor #1

ComiXology
Batman 61
Quantum Age 5

Die 1
Die!Die!Die! 5
Freedom Fighters 1
Hit Girl 9
Hit Girl 10

Kick-Ass 7
Kick-Ass 8
Kick-Ass 9
Kick-Ass 10
Prodigy 1  
Redneck 17
The Walking Dead 186
The Wicked + The Divine 40

DC Universe
Manhunter 19
Manhunter 20
Manhunter 21
Manhunter 22
Manhunter 23
Manhunter 24

Manhunter 20-24 - Nice Dr Psycho arc with a lot of other plots spinning around.  It'll be a shame when I get to the end of this series.

Hit Girl 9 & 10 - Hit Girl goes to Rome and is up against a religious wacko.  Oh and a cat-burglar.  Awesomeness.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 02:53:58 AM by Jeff » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2019, 06:58:09 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Doctor Strange 1
Immortal Hulk 1
Infinity Countdown 4
Domino #3
Old Man Logan #41
Thor #1

ComiXology
Batman 61
Quantum Age 5

Die 1
Die!Die!Die! 5
Freedom Fighters 1
Hit Girl 9
Hit Girl 10
Kick-Ass 7
Kick-Ass 8
Kick-Ass 9
Kick-Ass 10

Prodigy 1  
Redneck 17
The Walking Dead 186
The Wicked + The Divine 40

DC Universe
Manhunter 19
Manhunter 20
Manhunter 21
Manhunter 22
Manhunter 23
Manhunter 24

Kick-Ass 7-10 - I like this arc.  Interesting having Kick-Ass running a mob organization.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS