HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 09:55:45 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Martian Manhunter  (Read 4242 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: December 07, 2018, 05:08:47 PM »

No matter what you know about J’onn J’onnz, you’re not prepared for this! The acclaimed team of writer Steve Orlando and artist Riley Rossmo (BATMAN/ THE SHADOW, BATMAN: NIGHT OF THE MONSTER MEN) reteam for a reinvention of the Manhunter from Mars in this twisted, unexpected series. Back on Mars, J’onn was about as corrupt as a law officer can be, and when a reckoning comes for his entire society, he’ll get a second chance he doesn’t want or deserve! One shocking murder, and an unexpected fragment of the Mars he lost, will change his life—and the course of the Earth—forever!

-------------------------

I myself have not picked this up but the fact that Riley Rossmo is doing the art intrigues me.  Anyone else picked this up or thought about it?

Just curious if its worth my picking up.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 06:04:24 PM »

Got it to read (another title that was forced upon me handed to me) and planned on reading it after I got through with "My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies" GN. Another book that was, yes, also handed to me to read.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 06:29:16 PM »

I have this sinking feeling its good so I'm going to have spend more money.   Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 08:56:23 PM »

I have this sinking feeling its good so I'm going to have spend more money.   Cheesy

Well you may like it, but I found it not to my liking. It could have got better, but to be honest, and I say this as a fan of Rossmo's art, I found the art too confusing to enjoy to the fullest, so I stopped actually reading a few pages before the end.

But as I have said, Orlando is really hit or miss with me too. His Midnighter was great, his Justice League was not. His current outing Electric Warriors is great (at least issue #1) but his Manhunter is not (at least issue #1)
 Cheesy

Again, that is not to say you would dig it or love it, but it just wasn't for me.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 02:36:03 AM »

Hmmmm. Ok.  I’ll think on it before picking it up.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS