HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:18:36 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, November 28, 2018  (Read 3910 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: November 28, 2018, 02:41:33 PM »

Keeping it a little shorter this week (no TPBs).  Really want to bust through those Manhunter issues.

DC Universe
Manhunter 13
Manhunter 14
Manhunter 15
Manhunter 16
Manhunter 17
Manhunter 18

Marvel Unlimited
Avengers 2
Mighty Thor: At the Gates of Valhalla 1
Cable 157
Quicksilver: No Surrender 1
Doctor Strange 390
Hunt for Wolverine: Mystery in Madripoor 1
Infinity Countdown: Darkhawk 1
Old Man Hawkeye 5
Old Man Logan 40
Doctor Aphra 20

ComiXology
Batman 59
Die!Die!Die! 4
East of West 40
Heroes in Crisis 3
Justice League Dark 5
Redneck 16
The Terrifics 10
X-O Manowar 20

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 03:57:41 PM »

... Really want to bust through those Manhunter issues.

Trying to hold off on the last two issues of Manhunters myself (#37 and #38). Don't want it to end.  Cheesy Cheesy

Okay, so in the sights for this week ...

The Dreaming #2
The Dreaming #3
Miracle Man #12
Books of Magic #2
Action Comics #5
Heroes in Crisis #3
DC Nuclear Winter #1
Cursed Comics Cavalcade (Still)

Fantastic Four #4  Angry Tongue
Marvel Two-in-One #12 (last issue)  Embarrassed
Avengers Halloween Special #1 (Still)

Die!Die!Die! #5 (?) I think it is coming out this week ...
Redneck #17

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 03:19:57 AM »

DC Universe
Manhunter 13
Manhunter 14
Manhunter 15
Manhunter 16
Manhunter 17
Manhunter 18

Marvel Unlimited
Avengers 2
Cable 157
Doctor Strange 390
Old Man Hawkeye 5
Old Man Logan 40
Doctor Aphra 20

ComiXology
Batman 59
Die!Die!Die! 4
East of West 40
Heroes in Crisis 3
Justice League Dark 5
Redneck 16
The Terrifics 10
X-O Manowar 20

Got through the Manhunter issues and it's still fun.  So where is Kate in the current universe I wonder.

Avengers 2 - Not sure if its the art, the writing, or just plain story.  Having a hard time getting into it even though the Celestials being back intrigues me.  Does this get better?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 02:47:32 PM »

So where is Kate in the current universe I wonder.

Where indeed. Kinda why I am scared about reading the last two issues  Cheesy Cheesy

Avengers 2 - Not sure if its the art, the writing, or just plain story.  Having a hard time getting into it even though the Celestials being back intrigues me.  Does this get better?

Yes ... in a way ... but well ... ya know, the art drags it down so much the first few issues that I have to say no, not really. And honestly, the story has some "eh" moments as well. It is one of Aaron's weaker story arcs to me so, lets just say it doesn't blow the doors off.
Not until issue #7 when the temporary art change hits with Sara Pitchelli (doing better work here than she did on the first couple issues of the newest Fantastic Four I might add  Angry) and we get a pretty cool origin story.
Then of course issue #8 has David Marquez art and that is good and fits the Aaron storytelling so much better than the first arc. And then ... oh and then #9 is almost a must read!!!!
So bottom line, just come back at issue #6 to get the "result" of the first arc and then stick around for at least issue # ... whatever the last one I read was
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 04:08:23 PM »

DC Universe
Manhunter 13
Manhunter 14
Manhunter 15
Manhunter 16
Manhunter 17
Manhunter 18

Marvel Unlimited
Avengers 2
Cable 157

Doctor Strange 390
Old Man Hawkeye 5
Old Man Logan 40
Doctor Aphra 20

ComiXology
Batman 59
Die!Die!Die! 4
East of West 40
Heroes in Crisis 3
Justice League Dark 5
Redneck 16
The Terrifics 10
X-O Manowar 20

Out of town this past weekend for kiddo's horse competion.  Kept me from reading.  Hockey game tonight and kid's Orchestra concert tomorrow night.  Not much chance of getting any further but I'll try.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 02:41:19 PM »

Like Jeff, I have not read much this week. Unlike Jeff I have no excuse.
 Cheesy

I did notice I need to get through a couple more issues of Marvel 2-in-1 that I thought I already read. I came in thinking I just needed #12, the last issue, but I need to read the two prior to that as well
 Angry
What I did get through was two comics with lots of content. Some of it was pretty good stuff. Both the Avengers Halloween Special ($5) and DC's Cursed Comics Cavalcade ($10 ... but 80 pages) are worth the price and offer some good to great one-shot stories. Maybe one or two fail to hit the mark, but most are certainly worthy of a read.

And ... of course ... I got through some comics that were not on my mind to read ... of course.
 Roll Eyes

The Dreaming #2
The Dreaming #3
Miracle Man #12
Books of Magic #2
Action Comics #5 - Yep, yep, yep. Loving this title.
Heroes in Crisis #3
DC Nuclear Winter #1
Cursed Comics Cavalcade - Yes, $10, but some great stories in this 80 pager. Okay, wait for sale, but still good

Marvel Two-in-One #10
Marvel Two-in-One #11

Marvel Two-in-One #12 (last issue)  Embarrassed
Avengers Halloween Special #1

Die!Die!Die! #5
Redneck #17

Added for some reason or another:

Uncanny X-Men #3 - Forgot to add this one to the list originally. Still enjoying it
Moon Knight #195 - Now that this title is finished, I need to read the last 5 issues. Not sure why I let this slip

Batman #59 - Once again, Tom King just does Batman ... different. I like this book every other arc it seems
Wonder Woman #59 - Part two of the creative teams first arc. I honestly don't remember this as much as I would like. Maybe that tells me more than I need to know about coming back?

Rick & Morty Presents #4 Pickle Rick - The good = Different "origin" story than the episode that featured said cucumber. The bad = Different take on the episode that is not as good or enjoyable as the Pickle Rick episode that aired.
 Sad

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 10:05:14 PM »

DC Universe
Manhunter 13
Manhunter 14
Manhunter 15
Manhunter 16
Manhunter 17
Manhunter 18

Marvel Unlimited
Avengers 2
Cable 157

Doctor Strange 390
Old Man Hawkeye 5
Old Man Logan 40
Doctor Aphra 20

ComiXology
Batman 59
Die!Die!Die! 4
East of West 40
Heroes in Crisis 3
Justice League Dark 5
Redneck 16
The Terrifics 10
X-O Manowar 20

Got through one more - Qucksilver.  It was good.  Hopefully I didn't read it too fast.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 03:03:46 PM »

Got through one more - Qucksilver.  It was good.  Hopefully I didn't read it too fast.

Grin

Yeah, I didn't get through much more but I did finish a couple things ...

DC Nuclear Winter #1 - This 80 page giant was not as grand as their Cursed Comics Cavalcade. Kinda meh
Manhunter #37
Manhunter #38
- I did it. I finished the series. And I am now happy that I know, without question, that I can download from DCU (if I ever decide to come back) and the comic will be there, even weeks after I stop being a member.
As for the story, it does (kinda) show us what the future holds for Kate. Good title, good ending.

The Realm #10 - This is my last issue. It is fine, but so slow moving. Gonna be better in collected, but only when it reaches about 4 volumes I think

The Dreaming #2
The Dreaming #3
Miracle Man #12
Books of Magic #2
Heroes in Crisis #3
Action Comics #5
Cursed Comics Cavalcade
Batman #59
Wonder Woman #59 

Marvel Two-in-One #10
Marvel Two-in-One #11
Marvel Two-in-One #12
Avengers Halloween Special #1
Uncanny X-Men #3
Moon Knight #195

Die!Die!Die! #5
Redneck #17
Rick & Morty Presents #4 Pickle Rick

Man that is a lot of books to carry over to this week
 Angry

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2018, 04:21:21 PM »

Grin

Grin  I was hoping someone would get what I did there.  Gold star for Perry.   Cheesy

Manhunter #38[/color] - I did it. I finished the series. And I am now happy that I know, without question, that I can download from DCU (if I ever decide to come back) and the comic will be there, even weeks after I stop being a member.
As for the story, it does (kinda) show us what the future holds for Kate. Good title, good ending.

Sweet!  Good to know the download stuck AND that Kate get's a good series ender.  Now if I can only get there....

Miracle Man #12

Still in white letters.   Cheesy Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 01:16:17 AM »

Still in white letters.   Cheesy Cheesy

I got through Manhunter ... baby steps.
 Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS