HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:52:47 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NHL 2018/2019 - Hockey!  (Read 30806 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2019, 09:29:20 PM »

Oh Jeff, those 2 goals. Damn that just ruined the game.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2019, 02:28:34 PM »

Oh Jeff, those 2 goals. Damn that just ruined the game.

I got so mad left the game. I never do that.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2019, 02:48:41 PM »

Like there is nothing to say he's hurt today in the news, so ok. But take a little more time with the athletic trainer before resuming play. He was not prepared for the the next goal, and that times any chance to avoid a road game 7.

This was actually the first Stars action I've seen... And I won't lie.. They didn't look good in the second period, when I came in to watch. Am I off base with that thought?

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2019, 07:46:19 PM »

They normally look sloppy in the 2nd, IMO.  They tend to pull it out in the third which, of course, makes me crazy.  Usually a strong 1st and 3rd is how we win it.  When we do lose, I'm used to it being only a 1 or 2 point loss.  4-1 was just horrible for us.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2019, 10:59:41 AM »

An amazing goalie performance wasted by his team's shitty response to the opposition. Sorry Jeff.

And then the damn goal was just from unlucky bounces and hops too!  I know the Stars fought and clawed to make the playoffs, so here's to hoping that really builds for next year!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2019, 11:59:15 AM »

An amazing goalie performance wasted by his team's shitty response to the opposition. Sorry Jeff.

And then the damn goal was just from unlucky bounces and hops too!  I know the Stars fought and clawed to make the playoffs, so here's to hoping that really builds for next year!

The Goalie can’t carry the whole team, agreed. So bummed.

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2019, 03:38:21 PM »

the 2nd and 3rd were abysmal!  i think the Stars had a total of 5 shots over 40mins of play!

they played much better in OT but to little to late, the Blues were bound to get past Bishop based on volume alone.

Good season cut short as i was hoping for a Stars v Bs Final.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2019, 12:05:14 AM »

the 2nd and 3rd were abysmal!  i think the Stars had a total of 5 shots over 40mins of play!

they played much better in OT but to little to late, the Blues were bound to get past Bishop based on volume alone.

Good season cut short as i was hoping for a Stars v Bs Final.

That would have been awesome!

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2019, 04:34:33 PM »

the Bs looked like the Stars for a good chunk of the 1st and most of the 2nds.  Came alive with like 8mins left and never looked back.

Couple of stupid penalties by the caines gave the Bs the change to really jump in and do some damage.  once done they commanded the 3rd on to a 5-2 win.

I need the 2nd half team to show up for the remained of this series
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2019, 07:19:12 PM »

Looks like your the only one of us left in it.  Go Bruins!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2019, 03:29:40 AM »

Go Bruins!  They got hot at the best time possible!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2019, 07:20:29 PM »

Nice one for the Bruin's.  Wringer, are you excited or nervous?

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2019, 04:38:34 PM »

a little of both.  I feel the Bs have a good chance but nervous about the long wait until next Monday.  they played almost every other day through the first rounds and were really in sync. But then again 10 days off can fix a lot of bumps/bruises.

Either way i am looking forward to it.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2019, 02:40:56 AM »

Ugh.

I hope your team crushes them, Wringer.

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2019, 05:31:45 PM »

me too.

The last time the Blues made it to the Cup finals they were beaten 4-0 by the Bruins with one of the most famous goals in Hockey

« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 05:33:59 PM by Wringer » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS