HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:49:40 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NHL 2018/2019 - Hockey!  (Read 30810 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2019, 01:31:23 AM »

Jeff, were you just at that last game with the 5 goal win? That must have been CRAZY HUGE IN THAT PLACE!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2019, 02:05:52 AM »

Jeff, were you just at that last game with the 5 goal win? That must have been CRAZY HUGE IN THAT PLACE!!!

I was right behind the visitor goal for all of that - Row 13.  I can honestly say it was the greatest hockey game I've ever been to.  The Stars were on fire and the crowd was electrified.  I think the building was shaking.  Where has THAT Stars team been all year? ? ? ?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 02:08:52 AM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2019, 02:31:16 AM »

I didn't even realize that they won the series 4-2!! ON to more hockey!!

Bruins looked great their last 2 games.

I believe the Caps will convincingly so show a win at home for game 7.

Sharks and Knights right now? Man,...I don't know. I always felt like the Sharks were like the 'San Diego' Chargers-great in the regular season, but you could always count on them losing in the playoffs no matter what.

I'm wondering how the Islanders will be in the second series.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2019, 03:03:12 AM »

Yes, it was so nerve racking going into overtime.  I hate overtime!

Bruins wrap up their series.

If the Cane's could squeak out a win against the Cap's that would mean that all 4 #1 teams would be knocked out in the first round.  How crazy would that be?

I think the Knights can pull off a win in San Jose.  They're up 1-0 at end of the 1st.  I'm going to bed so I'll see how it ended up tomorrow.   Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2019, 01:14:58 PM »

So, we see how that Knights prediction went! Shocked Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2019, 02:12:16 PM »

Whoa!  How did that happen?!?!?!

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2019, 05:56:15 PM »

gotta love OT...anything can happen.

Now if the Caps can loose tonight then all 4 top seated teams are out

The Bs won nicely last night though the 2nd period was shaky at best.  Round 2 bring us the BlueJackets...this will be a 1st as the Bs have never face the Jackets in the playoffs which makes sense since they have never gotten out of round 1.  Season history was pretty even and i am definately a little concern with a team that could dismantle the Lightning like they did but i'm also hoping that was more of a fluke.  either way it should be a fun series

And my Western conference Team (The Stars) are on their way to face the Blues (my 2nd WCT) which should be a lot of fun.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2019, 03:50:50 AM »

gotta love OT...anything can happen.

Now if the Caps can loose tonight then all 4 top seated teams are out

And just like that.  All four top seated teams are out!  Double overtime.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2019, 01:23:47 PM »

Man, the Caps looked done in. Nothing in their tanks whatsoever.
Too many games, had the long Cup season last year, lost a huge player in Oshie; call them warm bread because they are toasted!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2019, 10:07:52 PM »

Man, the Caps looked done in. Nothing in their tanks whatsoever.
Too many games, had the long Cup season last year, lost a huge player in Oshie; call them warm bread because they are toasted!

I think they lost their coach to another team as well.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2019, 02:41:57 AM »

Exactly; Trotz was on the bench just 15 feet down from the Caps as the Islanders coach!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2019, 10:04:39 AM »

I am shocked that there will soon bw 32 teams in the NHL  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Last time I actively watched hockey, there were 21 or 22 teams, and that was with the latest expansion of ... the Sharks ... I think?

I will say that I have always thought the NHL playoffs were a joke. It just seemed like if you had a hockey stick and you knew what a puck was you made the playoffs, especially back in the 80s/90's when I was watching. There were 21 teams and 16 made the playoffs? Over 72%? COME ON!!!

I guess it is a lot better now. Don't get me wrong, it is still high with over 50% of the teams making the playoffs (soon to be a well rounded half and half  Grin), but I get why. The sport, although crazy popular in Canada, I am sure, is not on the lips of most Americans (I had know idea there were not still 22 teams for example  Grin) and having a lot of your teams make the playoffs gives the fans (and owners) more to root for.

That said, sorry for your game one loss, Jeff. Still plenty of time. And with the team you have ... not a problem
(Like I know what I am talking about?)
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2019, 05:52:45 PM »

good win for the Stars last night to even things up.  Now i need my Bruins to do the same tonight.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2019, 09:32:39 PM »

good win for the Stars last night to even things up.  Now i need my Bruins to do the same tonight.

Good luck to them, Wringer.  This has been a great playoff season.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2019, 02:25:37 AM »

Good games keep rolling through!

But apparently the Islanders spent all their playoff mojo in one series. Or the Canes are THAT good!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS