HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:01:25 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stan Lee Dies at Age 95  (Read 6783 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: November 12, 2018, 07:01:17 PM »

Sad day for Marvel Zombies and all comic lovers. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/stan-lee-marvel-comics-legend-721450

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 07:22:37 PM »

Cry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 04:25:13 PM »

Sad day for Pop Culture in General.  He, with the help of other giants, changed the face of comics and helped usher in a new age of magic and myth.

His pure joy and enthusiasm for the medium itself was infectious.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 09:47:07 PM »

Sad day, but what a life lived!

And we won't have to read any more stories about possible elder abuse too Undecided

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 10:22:29 PM »

'Nuff Said

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 11:17:30 PM »

This is all very surreal to me.  I never met the man, but he touched my life and helped shaped me as a person maybe moreso than anyone outside of my parents.  I don't get too saddened over celebrity deaths too much but this one is a gut punch.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 12:05:14 AM »

I was lucky enough to meet him in 2012 and get a photo op with him.  He seemed very frail back then, plus with his wife recently passing, I wasn't surprised to hear the sad news.  Nevertheless, it hits all of us comic book fans the most, I think, since he has really impacted our lives since child hood.

It's going to be a strange world going forward knowing Stan the Man isn't out there somewhere.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2018, 12:06:35 AM »

Just realized what my quote below says.  It's been down there so long I had forgotten!

|
       |
       |
      \ /

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS