HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:13:51 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, October 24, 2018  (Read 9048 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: October 24, 2018, 02:27:31 AM »

Last week of October.  Halloween is almost here!

ComiXology
Star Trek The Next Generation: Through the Mirror 4
Star Trek The Next Generation: Through the Mirror 5
Battlestar Galactica vs. Battlestar Galactica 1
Battlestar Galactica vs. Battlestar Galactica 2
Battlestar Galactica vs. Battlestar Galactica 3
Battlestar Galactica vs. Battlestar Galactica 4
Battlestar Galactica vs. Battlestar Galactica 5
Battlestar Galactica vs. Battlestar Galactica 6
Echo Vol 1: Moon Lake TPB (Collecting Echo 1-5)
Wonder Woman 57
Action Comics 1004
The Terrifics 9
The Sixth Gun TPB Vol 6: Ghost Dance

Marvel Unlimited
Daredevil 601
Cable 156
Infinity Countdown 2
Avengers 689
Iron Fist 80
Tales of Suspense 104

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 01:52:05 AM »

Hmmmm.  May need to add some more to the list.  I'm cruising again like last week.

ComiXology

Wonder Woman 57
Action Comics 1004
The Terrifics 9

Marvel Unlimited
Daredevil 601
Cable 156
Infinity Countdown 2
Avengers 689
Iron Fist 80
Tales of Suspense 104

Star Trek The Next Generation: Through the Mirror 1-5 - That was fun.  Love the Mirror Universe stories and watching the Next Gen doppelgangers square off with our universe's crew was pretty cool.

BSG vs BSG 1-6 - Another fun double's story with the original BSG cast teaming up with the current BSG cast.  For BSG fans like me it was fun.  Starbuck meeting Starbuck?  Oh yeah - sparks fly.   Cheesy

Echo Vol 1: Moon Lake - Terry Moore had me at super powered metal boobs.  Funny and fun series.  So far this has met my expectations which are pretty high after coming of Strangers in Paradise.  Going to be a blast to read.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 10:56:19 AM »

Echo Vol 1: Moon Lake - Terry Moore had me at super powered metal boobs.  Funny and fun series.  So far this has met my expectations which are pretty high after coming of Strangers in Paradise.  Going to be a blast to read.

Damn, I thought you were getting this back when I was getting the floppies? So Rachel Rising was your first Terry Moore that you picked up monthly?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 02:53:42 PM »

Damn, I thought you were getting this back when I was getting the floppies? So Rachel Rising was your first Terry Moore that you picked up monthly?

Yep Rachel Rising took my virginity...in regards to Terry Moore monthly books.  😁

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 02:56:05 PM »

Damn, I could have sworn we talked about Echo.
  Undecided

Man, the mind is a terrible thing, once it starts fading.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 05:13:36 PM »

Damn, I could have sworn we talked about Echo.
  Undecided

Man, the mind is a terrible thing, once it starts fading.
 Smiley

I'm sure we talked about how I was going to read it.  It's been sitting in my to read pile for over a year and I'm finally getting to it.  I remember you telling me you like it. 

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 07:16:13 PM »

I literally have comics going back 3 months sitting to be read! Lol

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2018, 08:42:39 PM »

Oh man don't even get me started on that.  I have a ton of HC's on my bookshelf still in the shrink wrap.  Including Frank Miller's Big Damn Sin City book!

Not to mention all the comics in my ComiXolgy library.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 09:12:35 PM »

ComiXology
Wonder Woman 57
Action Comics 1004
The Terrifics 9

Marvel Unlimited
Daredevil 601
Cable 156
Infinity Countdown 2
Avengers 689
Iron Fist 80
Tales of Suspense 104

Wonder Woman 57 - Much better issue for this story.  I actually enjoyed it.  Still glad next issue of JLD is the last part of this cross over.

Action Comics 1004 - Meh, not digging this as much as Superman.  I'm going to drop.

The Terrifics 9 - Man this comic is weird.  And yet, I'm still drawn to it.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2018, 12:32:48 AM »

Wonder Woman 57 - Much better issue for this story.  I actually enjoyed it.  Still glad next issue of JLD is the last part of this cross over.

Just want to make sure you know that it isn't "exactly" the next issue of JLD that the story concludes in, but a special, reverse named title like the first part, but this time instead of it being Wonder Woman/Justice League Dark #1 it will be Justice League Dark/Wonder Woman #1.
Just want to make sure you knew, although you may have known already  Cool , but it is kinda silly but anyway they can get a couple more issues/dollars from us by having stories start/conclude elsewhere ...
 Undecided

Action Comics 1004 - Meh, not digging this as much as Superman.  I'm going to drop.

Cheesy
Feel exactly the opposite. Liking Action so much more.
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 12:34:54 AM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2018, 12:39:40 AM »

Wonder Woman 57 - Much better issue for this story.  I actually enjoyed it.  Still glad next issue of JLD is the last part of this cross over.

Just want to make sure you know that it isn't "exactly" the next issue of JLD that the story concludes in, but a special, reverse named title like the first part, but this time instead of it being Wonder Woman/Justice League Dark #1 it will be Justice League Dark/Wonder Woman #1.
Just want to make sure you knew, although you may have known already  Cool , but it is kinda silly but anyway they can get a couple more issues/dollars from us by having stories start/conclude elsewhere ...
 Undecided

Oh that's right.  I did know that but forgot.  At least THAT issue is the last one!   Cheesy

Action Comics 1004 - Meh, not digging this as much as Superman.  I'm going to drop.

Cheesy
Feel exactly the opposite. Liking Action so much more.
 Cheesy

Ha!  Too be completely honest, I'm likely to drop Superman too once this arc is done.

Just trying to keep the DC list down to comics I'm pumped about since they're full price.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2018, 12:42:30 AM »

ComiXology
Wonder Woman 57
Action Comics 1004
The Terrifics 9

Marvel Unlimited
Daredevil 601
Cable 156
Infinity Countdown 2
Avengers 689
Iron Fist 80
Tales of Suspense 104

The Sixth Gun TPB Vol 6: Ghost Dance - Good progression of the main story.  Added two more members to the cast as well that are interesting.  Two thumbs up!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2018, 12:37:51 PM »

Just trying to keep the DC list down to comics I'm pumped about since they're full price.

I hear ya and understand that, buddy.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2018, 12:38:38 PM »

I literally have comics going back 3 months sitting to be read! Lol

Well, wait a couple more months and you can gift them to yourself for Christmas
 Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2018, 02:08:52 PM »

Okay, I haven't read ... well, I have hardly read a thing (let me put it that way). However, I am hoping that if I post this infinitesimal amount that I HAVE read, it will motivate me.
 Cheesy

Wildcats #4 - The finish of Jim Lee's original mini series. Not at all the best written, but much better than ...
Stormwatch #1
Stormwatch #2
- Holy crap this has some of the worst writing I have seen. It is bad folks. Capital B, capital A, capital K bad  Wink Plus art work that, like a lot of early 90's, has costumes, uniforms, weapons and backgrounds changing from panel to freaking panel (see early images of the character Battalion's head gear for just one small example) and you wonder how they ever made it to issue 12. Yes, even back then. How could people sanction this atrocity? I don't care how much you love a creator or publisher, shit is shit, people.
It is no wonder I walked away from comics during this time. In-fact, I am going to go back through the boxes at my parents house and and throw away any comic that has a date of 1993 to 1996 right out the window ... right after I read them of course  Grin Grin Grin. Starting with Stormwatch #1 and #2.
(Okay, I will donate them to the library here instead, even though tossing them out would do the world a service)

I am going to still try and muddle through this series as I do have such a love for the Wildstorm Universe, or at least a love for what is to come, and I have always wanted to read the early stuff ... for some damn reason. I guess to get a better background picture in my head of the early years of said universe, but this is going to be a chore. Man the writing is hard to get through. Add in some of the most ridiculous costumes (and names) and yeah ... wow, this is gonna be hard!

Can you believe that Comixology is selling the first 12 of this series for $2 an issue?  Cheesy Cheesy I wouldn't pay 10¢ and issue for this.

One thing, I do think I already gave away all the Rob Liefeld stuff and that sucks. I kinda want to go back and read the early Youngblood/Bloodstrike/Supreme stuff for some reason too (only after seeing Youngblood in issue #3 of Wildcats).

What the hell is wrong with me? I mean really?
 Roll Eyes

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS