HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:44:57 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, October 10, 2018  (Read 9612 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2018, 07:45:38 PM »

ComiXology
Nightwing 36
Nightwing 37
Nightwing 38
Nightwing 39
Nightwing 40
Nightwing 41
Birthright 31
Black Badge 1
Black Hammer: Age of Doom
Quantum Age: From the World of Black Hammer #3
Black Science 38
Plastic Man 5
Superman 4
Thief of Thieves 40
Walking Dead 183
The Wicked + The Divine 39
Wonder Woman 565

Strangers in Paradise 79
Strangers in Paradise 80
Strangers in Paradise 81
Strangers in Paradise 82
Strangers in Paradise 83
Strangers in Paradise 84

Marvel Unlimited
Astonishing X-Men 10
Avengers 687
Avengers: Shards of Infinity 1
Black Bolt 12
Iron Fist 79
Marvel 2-in-One 5
New Mutants: Dead Souls 2
Rogue & Gambit 4
Spider-Man 239
Thanos:  The Infinity Siblings

Gonna work on those Strangers in Paradise issues tonight.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2018, 02:52:12 AM »

ComiXology
Nightwing 36
Nightwing 37
Nightwing 38
Nightwing 39
Nightwing 40
Nightwing 41
Birthright 31
Black Badge 1
Black Science 38
Plastic Man 5
Superman 4
Thief of Thieves 40
Walking Dead 183
Wonder Woman 565
Strangers in Paradise 79
Strangers in Paradise 80
Strangers in Paradise 81
Strangers in Paradise 82
Strangers in Paradise 83
Strangers in Paradise 84

Marvel Unlimited
Astonishing X-Men 10
Avengers 687
Black Bolt 12
Iron Fist 79
Marvel 2-in-One 5
Rogue & Gambit 4
Spider-Man 239

Man, Terry Moore is at a level no one else can get to.  These final issues of SIP Vol 3 are bringing it all to an amazing conlusion and just blowing it out of the park.  I'm going to have to read through "Echo" next because I understand that the latest volume of SIP brings all of his works together; SIP, Rachel Rising, Echo, and Motor Girl.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2018, 10:42:18 AM »

After reading the first few issues waaaaaay back when, God only knows when I will ever get to reading through all of SiP, but glad I can look forward to it. I do love Terry Moore and have HC's of the two shorter and my two favorite titles of his (Echo and RR) so I do hope to get to it one year. (although I hate the size of those two HC's  Angry)

As for me, trying to knock out more of that Manhunter series on DC Ultimate before my free week is up (need to finish watching Titans as well .., watched the first 10 minutes last night), but I did check the LCS (and Dave) and they have sporadic issues here and there (well, Dave had none  Cheesy) but Comixology has all the Manhunter issues for only $2, so need to see if I want to just stay on DCU for another month, pay the $8 and finish reading the run or if I wan't to buy the series to have for the future. I am really happy with the way it is written, so I may just suck it up and buy the run for the $70+ but $8 to read a series I am enjoying is also a thing to consider and damn sure more financially feasible  Wink
We will see.

Infinity Wars #3
Infinity Wars #4
- As much as I thought "Countdown" was just "okay", I'm having much more fun with this arc. No idea why Cheesy
Avengers #9 - One of the few Marvel titles I am going to try and stay up on, blew me away!!! I am just not sold on Mcguinness art on Aaron's writing but David Marguez? WHOA BOY!!! That said, Aaron really, really made me mad at the start (can't say why without spoilers so I won't) but I later realized how important that action was to the story and it also, really, doesn't effect the future with the ... costume (Yeah, I will wait for you other MU guys to get here  Cheesy) I will also say, and not a spoiler as it is on the cover, Marvel now has it's Emo Lobo with the look of the new Namor. Not really sold on the look, but the "Namor" is certainly there in that character and that is the important thing, so I am fine with it. But then again, I liked the new Lobo sooooo
 Undecided

Manhunter #4 - Much like the Punisher, Kate now has her "gizmo" guy!  Cheesy

Pestilence #4
Pestilence #5
- Found I never finished this 6 issue mini (they now have a new one coming out) so I went ahead and re-read the last two issues that I DID read those many months ago to get a refresher, prior to reading the last issue and maybe trying the new one. (Which is being counted by me as "reading through all my old series" ... not as picking up a new title)
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2018, 07:28:20 PM »

ComiXology
Nightwing 36
Nightwing 37
Nightwing 38
Nightwing 39
Nightwing 40
Nightwing 41
Birthright 31
Black Badge 1
Black Science 38
Plastic Man 5
Superman 4
Thief of Thieves 40
Walking Dead 183
Wonder Woman 565
Strangers in Paradise 79
Strangers in Paradise 80
Strangers in Paradise 81
Strangers in Paradise 82
Strangers in Paradise 83
Strangers in Paradise 84

Marvel Unlimited
Astonishing X-Men 10
Avengers 687

Black Bolt 12
Iron Fist 79
Marvel 2-in-One 5
Rogue & Gambit 4
Spider-Man 239

Avengers is still holding my interest.  "Shards of Infinity" had some poor writing IMO.  Astonishing X-Men - not bad but losing my attention.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2018, 11:07:13 PM »

ComiXology
Nightwing 36
Nightwing 37
Nightwing 38
Nightwing 39
Nightwing 40
Nightwing 41
Birthright 31
Black Badge 1
Black Science 38
Plastic Man 5
Superman 4
Thief of Thieves 40
Walking Dead 183
Wonder Woman 565
Strangers in Paradise 79
Strangers in Paradise 80
Strangers in Paradise 81
Strangers in Paradise 82
Strangers in Paradise 83
Strangers in Paradise 84

Marvel Unlimited
Astonishing X-Men 10
Avengers 687
Black Bolt 12
Iron Fist 79
Marvel 2-in-One 5
Rogue & Gambit 4
Spider-Man 239

Thanos: The Infinity Siblings - as I started this I began to think it was familiar.  Finally started flipping through it and realized I had already read this.  Is this re-packaged?  Because it said 2018 but I know I read this last year sometime and not in digital format.  All well - just meant I got to scratch it off my list sooner than I thought!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2018, 11:14:35 PM »

Thanos: The Infinity Siblings - as I started this I began to think it was familiar.  Finally started flipping through it and realized I had already read this.  Is this re-packaged?  Because it said 2018 but I know I read this last year sometime and not in digital format.  All well - just meant I got to scratch it off my list sooner than I thought!

Ah ha!  I must have gotten it for free or something on ComiXology.  Looks like I got it from there when it came out in April 2018.  Mystery solved.

http://www.herorealm.com/hrboards/index.php?topic=7905.0
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 11:30:28 PM by Jeff » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2018, 12:20:02 AM »

It was on sale for 99¢ on Comixology back when Marvel was having those back to back weeks of incredible sale prices (70 to 95% off) so you, like most of us, snatched it up then
 Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2018, 12:59:43 AM »

It was on sale for 99¢ on Comixology back when Marvel was having those back to back weeks of incredible sale prices (70 to 95% off) so you, like most of us, snatched it up then
 Wink

Ahhhh!  That sounds like me.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2018, 04:03:50 PM »

Didn't read much over the last few days, but I was able to knock out

Manhunter #5
Manhunter #6
- Continuing this story and it is so good that I am keeping DC Ultimate for one more month to read more
Wonder Woman/ Justice League Dark #1 - Like Jeff, I feel this is okay but nothing great. However, as it is close to Halloween, I am enjoying it a tad more
 Cheesy

Infinity Wars #3
Infinity Wars #4

Avengers #9
Manhunter #4

Pestilence #4
Pestilence #5

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS